• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random Dungeons

johnsmith

remember me
Mr Nash said:
Azure Dreams was okay. It was a slightly above average game that I managed to pick up years ago for cheap. With the low price, the game's shortcomings were far more forgiveable. There was a clunkiness to the game that kept me from really getting into it. Constantly having to practically start from scratch when entering the dungeon was annoying too from what I can remember (I haven't played the game in years, so correct me if I'm wrong >_<). That aspect of the game tended to subtract from any feeling of accomplishment a player could get out of Azure Dreams.

Actually, there were plenty of ways to advance your character and get stronger. Sure, your character's level reset to 1 each time, but your pets' levels didn't. Also you were supposed to save up your sands and use them all on 1 sword and 1 shield, so you'd end up with something like a +40 gold sword and +39 diamond shield or whatever.

Teasel

Xenon said:
Thank you!!! This game is a work of art, ****ing beautiful. I only have a couple hours in but they did a great job of streamlining the rougelike concept to make it playable with a joypad. Defiantly dumbed down but still captures the essence of RL games. I have been looking for something like this for a long time =)

Couple questions

Are there hidden doors/paths?
Can you search for traps?

yes,you can find them with a certain bracelet (this bracelet let you walk into water too) by passing near them or you can slash the wall where you believe there is the secret passage
as for finding traps,just slash the square you believe has the trap and the trap will reveal or eat a vision herb
i have the impression you aren't doing the fei problems because else you would have both of these answered
everytime you restart from the village go to the house right to where you awake and you will find a guys who will give you puzzle,these puzzle often teaches you new thing and after solving them fei's give you an item though when you do them be sure you don't have any item because they will get lost,drop them at the warehouse (left from where you awake)

Benedict

Love the Mac-version of Rogue.
Would like to see a similar game available on PC, but only Rogues with ASCII-graphics that I am allergic against.

images

couldn't find a screenshot.

Top Bottom