• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Jennings

I've been ill for days and have been nauseous and throwing up today. I'm in a fussy bad mood and just want to be taken care of like a baby till I'm better.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
dr_octagon dr_octagon

Steve Mcgarrett Mpi GIF by CBS

GeekyDad

I put kimchi on my breakfast tacos yesterday. It was pretty good.
I have phases where I use it, like, pretty much daily, and then other times I forget about it. But I'm looking for things around the house that will have little impact in terms of fat or carbs. I used the Ezekiel bread, which says it's about 5% of your daily allowance per slice, so I wasn't too worried. But I wanted to put something in there that was without any carbs. Surprisingly -- and I never really use it anymore -- I discovered the organic ketchup my wife keeps in the house only has 1% of your daily carbs per tbsp.

i keep having panic attacks. the last week has been really bad. i can hardly sleep and when i do i have nightmares. for a few moments when i wake up nothing bothers me but then i get this feeling like "i am worried about something but i dont know what it is. i'll remember soon"

its hard to calm myself down. so i drink and escape into a book or a game for a hours.

its like complete fear and i struggle to breathe and feel like im going to pass out. part of me wishes i would pass out or just die. it's not just oh im worried about this...it's like full on terror. i dont know what to do about it. seeing a doctor is not easy anymore and anyway ive been through all that shit and im exhausted with it.

Nooo dr_octagon dr_octagon was one of the best
wtf. he requested a permanent ban!

why!? i will miss him lol

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
i keep having panic attacks. the last week has been really bad. i can hardly sleep and when i do i have nightmares. for a few moments when i wake up nothing bothers me but then i get this feeling like "i am worried about something but i dont know what it is. i'll remember soon"

its hard to calm myself down. so i drink and escape into a book or a game for a hours.
Go see a doctor. This shit can mess you up big time. PM me if you want to talk more.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've grown my mustache out the longest it has ever been and I am actually loving it. I'd be even happier if I could get a full beard to go with it but genetics has cursed my people. At least I have a killer jawline/chin to make up for it. I think I am going to keep it going until I can get it to about this length:
31Ia0aB.jpg

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Bill Burr is such a good actor. Reservoir Dogs season 1 episode 7. That Mandalorian work he did. Why do comedians so often turn out to be great dramatic actors?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Jealous of anyone who can grow a proper beard or 'tache. Only place I have hair is on my back. I look like a wookie from behind ffs.
I look like a plucked chicken. However i could grow a fancy mustache. It's just that the missus is up in arms when i try to.

Con-Z-epT

I woke up today with a savage pain in my neck. Now i can't turn my head to the left without the tears running. As the man i'm i still went to work since i can still breath.

Usually i wash my head with ice cold water as a first step of the day and then style my hair but this was impossible today.

Now i'm here at work, as the vanity man that i am and everybody is like:

"Nice haircut dude!" "Windy style bro!" "Fancy fluff you got fella!"

All on top of this severe pain.

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I woke up today with a savage pain in my neck. Now i can't turn my head to the left without the tears running. As the man i'm i still went to work since i can still breath.

Usually i wash my head with ice cold water as a first step of the day and then style my hair but this was impossible today.

Now i'm here at work, as the vanity man that i am and everybody is like:

"Nice haircut dude!" "Windy style bro!" "Fancy fluff you got fella!"

All on top of this severe pain.

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office
Muscle spasm?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I think so yeah. Used a cream and put on some hot stuff. The pain from calling out my hair was bigger. :)
I had an injury on my neck as a teen from a mosh pit. It still plagues me every now and again. Muscle relaxers, pain killers, heating pad all work wonders. My wife has this hard ball that I place between the wall and the affected area to help massage the muscle.

Best of luck man. That shit sucks.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I love waking up at 3:30 AM for a go-live for work. So fun! Yes! Wooo!

*cries*

Good thing I didn't drink a few after work yesterday.

Edit: and done. Just minor changes for our team and no drama. Easiest go-live in years

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Apparently, I made 68 Ape Escape memes for GAF since last September. Sixty fucking eight ape escape memes.

The one that started it all:

This was meant to be a one time thing only, but then I thought it would be fun if I made it to 10 memes, and then 15 memes... Didn't expect 68.

If you went back to my younger self and told him that he would be making Ape Escape memes in his early 30s, my younger self would say "the fuck is a meme?"

What a journey that no one asked to be a part of. lmao
Here's to a 100 more.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Almost time. Going to be watching an adaptation of The Last of Us on HBO while live chatting GAF how cool is this?

I like the concept of loyalty. I wonder if there is a place for it in today's world? Seems like everyone is focused on themselves and not others. From a gaming perspective, I am pretty loyal to my favorite game geniuses, but nobody seems to care...they care about the product rather than the person behind the product...it makes me irritated. I wish the game industry was more similar to others like books or even music, which seem to care more about the people behind the art than the game industry

Last edited:

Facism

Good work my man!

Shit's (no pun intended) not easy if you're used to BF or Lunch.

Did you lose any fat?

Again congrats

Happy Tom Cruise GIF

No idea if I've lost any weight, no scales. Haven't been to the gym or played football since I got kicked in the back of my knee 2 weeks ago during a game 😅

Definitely more energy and sleeping somewhat better, though.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No idea if I've lost any weight, no scales. Haven't been to the gym or played football since I got kicked in the back of my knee 2 weeks ago during a game 😅

Definitely more energy and sleeping somewhat better, though.

Sorry to hear about your knee. And good to hear about the latter part of your post. Sleep is important and having better sleep could as well contributed to your raising energy levels. Keep on keeping on man.

I'm starting soon.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i feel like wednesday should be a break day like saturday and sunday are. Back in 2020 when that stupid pandemic happened that's exactly what happened in my digital learning classes and i felt so much better, a day to take a break between sessions like a 24 hour long lunch break. Homework that piled up over the past 2 days could be easily addressed then as well. it was digital learning so it wasn't like it's actually put into the most ideal scenario....

if 4 day work weeks like this were common in jobs i think it'd be excellent

I feel like people shouldn't be working as much as they are... this kind of stuff leads to mental, physical issues. Work really shouldnt be the thing that defines your life, at least not the wage work that you do to survive. The projects you make out of passion and love, the stuff that can only be done in a house on your own accord, that's the stuff that should be what work is about

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

i feel like wednesday should be a break day like saturday and sunday are. Back in 2020 when that stupid pandemic happened that's exactly what happened in my digital learning classes and i felt so much better, a day to take a break between sessions like a 24 hour long lunch break. Homework that piled up over the past 2 days could be easily addressed then as well. it was digital learning so it wasn't like it's actually put into the most ideal scenario....

if 4 day work weeks like this were common in jobs i think it'd be excellent

I feel like people shouldn't be working as much as they are... this kind of stuff leads to mental, physical issues. Work really shouldnt be the thing that defines your life.
Work to live and not live to work.

Top Bottom