• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ranko Tsukigime's Strange Day+Short Peace releasing soon in UK

Tizoc

RankoTsukigimesLongestDay.jpg

Announced months ago for an EU release, this is a collection of animated features and a short game from Suda 51.

You can pre-order it atm off Amazon and other UK online retailers, but sadly the price isn't very encouraging as it goes for 38-40 Pounds!
HOWEVER, Game.co.uk are also offering a 200 Page Artbook if you order through them. Now I personally had no issues ordering from Game, but when you think about 38 Pounds for the Disk+Artbook sounds good right? Right? RIGHT?! IS IT RIGHT, GAF?! SHOULD I DROP CASH ON IT?! IT'S FUCKING TEMPTING MAN!

Tizoc

Yes you should but know that the game itself is supossed to be short.

Mind you I'm also trying to get someone to convince me against getting it. I do know the game is short, and if this was like 20-30 Pounds I would've jumped on that ish. Right now the only thing convincing me to get it is that the 200 page artbook Game is offering can make up for the crazy ass huge price :p

EDIT: To clarify, 38 Pounds =$64
...and that's for animated shorts that would total at the length of a regular movie+a short game.

Faustek

Anime parts - Katsuhiro Otomo, dude made Akira and Mother Sara just name a few.

Game part - Suda51

Add a art book on top of that. Yeah seems as a sure buy to me. Tell your friend to stop being a downer and go eat something disgusting while you play the game.

Tizoc

Oh shit, it's retail then. Are the shorts dual audio or at least in japanese?
Huh I did a search but nothing came up...I'm gonna assume it would have Dual audio as is >_>;

As I'm at work I can't view may websites so maybe ask Bamco's Twitter about that?

Tizoc

Is the art book a pre-order only thing? I might order it but seems too expensive even with the art book.
Weeeeeeeell if you treat it as either of the following:
BluRay+Artbook
Special edition

Then the price kinda balances out to me at least :p

Seriously though, that's like crazy ass DVD/Bluray anime prices in Japan

Oh wow, I didn't realise it was out so soon. EB Games has the same pre-order for Australia by the looks of it (launches here a week after Europe).

200706_packshot_L.jpg

But geez, $80 is mental. I'll hold off for now and import from the UK when it drops in price. >_>

Weeeeeeeell if you treat it as either of the following:
BluRay+Artbook
Special edition

Then the price kinda balances out to me at least :p

Seriously though, that's like crazy ass DVD/Bluray anime prices in Japan

Yeah yeah, I ordered it. I import so much music from Japan with stupidly expensive fast delivery that I can't really make comments on stuff being too expensive.

Tizoc

Oh wow, I didn't realise it was out so soon. EB Games has the same pre-order for Australia by the looks of it (launches here a week after Europe).

200706_packshot_L.jpg

But geez, $80 is mental. I'll hold off for now and import from the UK when it drops in price. >_>

FYI the artbook appears to be a pre-order exclusive, so if you're interested in only the disc then you can wait.

Faustek

Hmm,I wouldn't bet on dual audio for this. The whole thing seems funny to me. But hey, Bandai is a weird company with weird decisions so maybe.

And $80 seems high? Heck that's cheap here in Sweden. Heck just importing the CE of Drakengard 3 will run around $100 in just reshipment fees.

Tizoc

Hmm,I wouldn't bet on dual audio for this. The whole thing seems funny to me. But hey, Bandai is a weird company with weird decisions so maybe.

Tell me about it, The OP Musou games retain Japanese voices, but their Tales games are English audio only. Naruto UNS games are Dual Audio.

Maybe Amazon can show the back cover that could confirm dual audio?

EDIT: Might make an OT for this soon...

Asparagus

Tell me about it, The OP Musou games retain Japanese voices, but their Tales games are English audio only. Naruto UNS games are Dual Audio.

Maybe Amazon can show the back cover that could confirm dual audio?

EDIT: Might make an OT for this soon...

Do it, it's out in a few days.

Tizoc

Anyone know the name of the font used in the cover? It'll be a quick OT with nothing fancy.
Subtitle I've got for it atm are:
Get a feeling so complicated
Spend like an Otaku

Faustek

Anyone know the name of the font used in the cover? It'll be a quick OT with nothing fancy.
Subtitle I've got for it atm are:
Spend like an Otaku

Well since no one in the coordinater thread wanted to make one, really should have been one up five days ago, I say go for it.

Tizoc

OT is ready, just need a subtitle, choose either of the two or offer one and I'll get it up within the next few hours.

The thing I'm wondering though is whether the pre-order bonuses are eligable if you're shipping to OUTSIDE the UK...

OT is ready, just need a subtitle, choose either of the two or offer one and I'll get it up within the next few hours.

The thing I'm wondering though is whether the pre-order bonuses are eligable if you're shipping to OUTSIDE the UK...

I am curious about this as well. Also, I know the PS3 is region free, but the US is on a different region code from the UK for DVD and BR, will the short films be affected by this at all?

Faustek

I am curious about this as well. Also, I know the PS3 is region free, but the US is on a different region code from the UK for DVD and BR, will the short films be affected by this at all?

I will not say I'm 100% but hell no they shouldn't.

Seen a few LPs and streams of this game and the people playing them where not Japanese and didn't live in Japan so I'm assuming they didn't import a PS3 plus the fact that Play-Asia has the No Region protection stamp on it.

I was interested, but full price for an 1 hour game shall never happen.

MGS happened and now we're getting a fancy big ass Artbook. I say the price is justified just for the artbook. Add to that the smaller OAVs. Yepp.

Tizoc

I was interested, but full price for an 1 hour game shall never happen.
The game is 2-3 hours, and keep in mind you shouldn't be buying this for the game, take into consideration also the animated features.
So short game+wicked awesome anime= Worth dropping $60+?

Ban Puncher

Dunno if the artbook is worth paying full price for the game. I can get it $10-$20 cheaper at a different retailer but no pre-order bonus. Hmm.

Tizoc

Dunno if the artbook is worth paying full price for the game. I can get it $10-$20 cheaper at a different retailer but no pre-order bonus. Hmm.

It would help if you count the artbook as part of the total price package.
So treat the artbook as being 10-20 Pounds and the game being 20 Pounds-ish. A bundle like that sounds OK to me.

Faustek

I don't live in the UK, so I wouldn't get the art book anyway.
Also, it's 60€ on my Amazon, which is much more than 60$ again.

Tell me straight away if I come of as a Dick as that is not my intention.

The more I read the more I realize how cheap gaming is outside of Sweden. 60€, without shipping fees, seems as a normal price to me. That is from a online retailer. If I go to a store instead I add 10€ normally, they have been getting better at keeping parity with the online stores though. But hey, I'm not complaining, I never have to worry about medical bills :)

It would help if you count the artbook as part of the total price package.
So treat the artbook as being 10-20 Pounds and the game being 20 Pounds-ish. A bundle like that sounds OK to me.

Thats how I see it...ignoring the fact that I actually preordered it without knowing about the artbook, going online when I heard about it to buy THAT version instead or importing it since I have never seen it translate as "preorder incentive" before here.

Tell me straight away if I come of as a Dick as that is not my intention.

The more I read the more I realize how cheap gaming is outside of Sweden. 60€, without shipping fees, seems as a normal price to me. That is from a online retailer. If I go to a store instead I add 10€ normally, they have been getting better at keeping parity with the online stores though. But hey, I'm not complaining, I never have to worry about medical bills :)

The relation of the price to the game's content is the actual issue. Journey Collection for example also merely was 20€.

Faustek

The relation of the price to the game's content is the actual issue. Journey Collection for example also merely was 20€.

OffTopic: That was Journey, flOw and Flower on one disc plus some documentary and commentary play through?

Anyway yes that was a really good deal but there are outlets selling it cheaper now right? Without the preorder incentive? Not sure about the price though.

OnTopic: Anyway it seems to me as you just look at the game instead of all the extras as well. To me it is worth it unfortunately it doesn't seem so to you. Lets hope the price drops quick if the game is awesome so you don't miss out :)

I am trying to confirm that they won't ship the art book out of the UK (I haven't dealt with GAME before, but I am fairly confident they won't). If this is confirmed, I will be looking for a friend in the UK.

Faustek

I am trying to confirm that they won't ship the art book out of the UK (I haven't dealt with GAME before, but I am fairly confident they won't). If this is confirmed, I will be looking for a friend in the UK.

never used Borderlinx from UK but I paid a ton to use the service from the states...so perhaps look them up if you can't find a friend in time.

are the animated shorts any good? I've enjoyed past compilation movies by Ootomo & his peers such as Robot Carnival, Neo Tokyo, & Memories, though I am yet to really hear anything either good or bad regarding Short Peace.

Edit: fuck it. I'll download and watch it now.

Top Bottom