• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rant | Ubisoft and AC Valhalla PC

Fahdis

These guys have to be the worst Pubs/Devs in the industry right now besides EA. Apparently, they botched the PC version of the game with their last update.

Between every 10 to 60 Minutes randomly the game crashes, it doesn't matter what GPU you have (I tried it on both my 3070 and 4080). I wondered if it was just an isolated issue so I checked both the Steam Discussions and Ubisoft Forums. It's literally filled with the same query over and over again to fix this piece of shit.

What does Ubisoft do? Double down and literally ask thousands of people to do workarounds that add to the added humiliation (which also don't work btw). And then the audacity to add that they have stopped support for the game entirely. So their official stance is to "deal with it".

Yea, there will be condescending comments about how anyone buying Ubi products is an idiot but I think PC gamers are being screwed all the time. Holding these guys accountable is the first step to fixing their games.

yamaci17

Either you have the random magic with the secret sauce or it will at some point crash and I promise you will end up back here in this exact thread.
maybe try going back to very old drivers
preferably initial ampere drivers back in 2020

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Either you have the random magic with the secret sauce or it will at some point crash and I promise you will end up back here in this exact thread.
Doubt it, considering it hasn't happened for any of my recent sessions, it's not going to randomly start happening.

Fahdis

Doubt it, considering it hasn't happened for any of my recent sessions, it's not going to randomly start happening.

I hope for your sake the RNG Gods of mass crashes keep doing you the favor and don't visit you. This was the most comprehensive explaination I found so far just now:

Fahdis

Didn't they leave out achievements for the Steam version because they couldn't be bothered? Yeah, don't support these clowns.

Don't remind me. At least the cross cloud saving helps to alleviate this incase I randomly play on a console someday to unlock everything.

Cyberpunkd

Holding these guys accountable is the first step to fixing their games.
You know how to hold any company accountable? Not buying products produced by said company.

There is absolutely no downside to Ubi being shit if their games still sell. So what if they get fire from gamers and their reputation is ruined? THEIR GAMES STILL SELL.
maybe try going back to very old drivers
preferably initial ampere drivers back in 2020
This should never be an option - technology moves forwards, not backwards. You expect things to get better moving forward.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
These guys have to be the worst Pubs/Devs in the industry right now besides EA. Apparently, they botched the PC version of the game with their last update.

Between every 10 to 60 Minutes randomly the game crashes, it doesn't matter what GPU you have (I tried it on both my 3070 and 4080). I wondered if it was just an isolated issue so I checked both the Steam Discussions and Ubisoft Forums. It's literally filled with the same query over and over again to fix this piece of shit.

What does Ubisoft do? Double down and literally ask thousands of people to do workarounds that add to the added humiliation (which also don't work btw). And then the audacity to add that they have stopped support for the game entirely. So their official stance is to "deal with it".

Yea, there will be condescending comments about how anyone buying Ubi products is an idiot but I think PC gamers are being screwed all the time. Holding these guys accountable is the first step to fixing their games.

Screw? I am more than fine skipping their games. But really you deserves it for buying their games in the first place.

Fahdis

You know how to hold any company accountable? Not buying products produced by said company.

There is absolutely no downside to Ubi being shit if their games still sell. So what if they get fire from gamers and their reputation is ruined? THEIR GAMES STILL SELL.

This should never be an option - technology moves forwards, not backwards. You expect things to get better moving forward.

*Sigh* If I wasn't such a big AC fan, this argument would have held. P.S. for the good of mankind, I didn't buy the game. I just use Ubisoft+ when its for a $ at times.

Also, the next game requires you to finish Valhalla since its a pre-quel to it. I'm part of the problem.

Mr Hyde

Ubi releases an update to AC Valhalla that makes the game crash, responds to angry players affected with "We don't update the game anymore". So why the fuck did you update the game then!? Clown shoes.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Did you read the second comment of the dude with a complete AMD build? I'm not talking about the error for Nvidia. You're an exception at this point.
How am I the exception when there's millions of players and one dude saying he has a problem? What about the hundreds of thousands that don't post anything because it runs fine?

King Dazzar

I know on the consoles Valhalla save files are can be transferred between xbox and PS i.e its platform agnostic. Can you complete the game on a console, using your cloud save from PC?

Personally I love many Ubisoft games, but agree their support is pretty bad. On PS5 there is a bug which stops the vibration and haptics working properly and hasnt been fixed in years.

Spyxos

Gold Member

I played it yesterday for about an hour. It worked as usual.

Fahdis

How am I the exception when there's millions of players and one dude saying he has a problem? What about the hundreds of thousands that don't post anything because it runs fine?

Console players don't have this problem. Most people on PC do. Do you want me to link you to the forums I was talking about? I don't know your gaming habits. Or your setup or your issue of antagonizing me by being smarmy about you not having an issue. Ok dude, you're invincible.

Last edited:

Fahdis

I know on the consoles Valhalla save files are can be transferred between xbox and PS i.e its platform agnostic. Can you complete the game on a console, using your cloud save from PC?

Personally I love many Ubisoft games, but agree their support is pretty bad. On PS5 there is a bug which stops the vibration and haptics working properly and hasnt been fixed in years.

That's what I'm thinking now at some point.

Skifi28

After I saw their stance with steam achievements on Valhalla, the writting was on the wall. I decided I'm not touching another Ubisoft game on PC, their client is also one of the worst. I'd try and get a refund if you're on Steam and then stay the fuck away.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wanted to paly AC origin.
Instead of getting it on pc, I got a ps4 copy. Just to avoid their launcher. I choose worse graphics just to avoid their bs

TrebleShot

This game is awful on PC I can’t even play it , I like using controllers and no matter what I do I can’t get it to recognise my controllers anymore DS or Xbox , worst thing is i was using a controller with it on PC last December…just bs

Kenpachii

That's a nvidia driver issue or a gpu issue. If u used multiple gpu's then its probably a driver issue.

Try to use a older GPU driver and see if it solves it.

MikeM

Console masterrace?
Man Body GIF

In all seriousness, Ubi is trash on PC. Their launcher is enough for me to avoid their games.

Last edited:

Zoloft

Banned
Gaming on PC is not worth it for old souls like me, from the constant Windows bugs and errors introduced with each update to the weird and unexpected problems from different drivers and bloatware that needed to be installed by the manufacturers.
I encountered some problems related to Microsoft OS and drivers which I solved after wasting a lot of time and searching for very obscure tricks and guides.

And if you are a Laptop gamer be prepared for some never-before-seen problems related to power management that can't be solved because very few have the same hardware to be investigated. Your 4k USD machine will be just abandoned.

Even the mighty 4090 RTX can't cut in some new games due to some incompetent developers and the way the industry is heading.
my current PC gaming machine will be the last one. I will get the next Nintendo console with my PS5 and call it a day.

Fuck you Microsoft fuck you Gigabyte and fuck you Ubisoft.
I almost forget, fuck Bungie.

Fahdis

This game is awful on PC I can’t even play it , I like using controllers and no matter what I do I can’t get it to recognise my controllers anymore DS or Xbox , worst thing is i was using a controller with it on PC last December…just bs

You can add the game on Steam as a non-steam game and it should work automatically. Or you can download an app called DualSenseX for free and it should work then too. I've was Playing AC Valhalla straight from the Launcher with the App until I added it to Steam.

Last edited:

Johnny2Bad

Play it on console. Then you only have to put up with minor glitches like speech not matching up with lip movements in cut scenes.

The update from Ubi Launcher to Ubi Connect broke the Origins Animus Control Panel.

They recently updated Black Flag which broke fullscreen mode and the Kenway Fleet.

Syndicate and Unity have had broken multiplayer for years now

This is just par for the course for Ubisoft. Randomly update their game, break it, then leave it broken.

Zuzu

Ubisoft is a pretty trash company unfortunately and their launcher is awful. I can't get Assassin's Creed Unity to launch.

Not that it helps you but my advice is that it's best to wait for their games to reach bargain bin prices and play them on console to avoid their launcher

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Most people on PC do.
You don't know this, you literally can't know this, only people with issues complain, nobody calls customer support just to say how happy they are; every customer support in the world is 100% busy all the time, this doesn't mean -most people- have issues; even if you see a thousand posts complaining about having crashing issues, there could be 100k that don't, but they just simply never interact or post about it (it's like all the people that scream on twitter thinking they represent a majority), it sucks for those that do have issues, but that doesn't make it -a fact- that it's now broken and unplayable.

If people like me exist that have no issues, then it means there have to be more that have no issues either, and it's more likely than not that those represent the majority.

yamaci17

to be fair problem could actually be on NVIDIA

because they changed how dx12 works on their cards marginally

it is possible this update is not playing nicely on certain configurations or rigs. im talking about possibility of course

nvidia and UBISOFT cannot get along very nicely. ac origins still to this day has atrocious graphical bugs that only go away if you install super old drivers. and nvidia and ubisoft kep blaming each other for a time. and IIRC they still couldn't fix it

new NV drivers definitely cause problems sometimes. that's on NVIDIA but it is what it is

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Unfortunately there’s worse than EA and Ubisoft last I checked people rush to buy their games still.

Laptop1991

I like Valhalla, but it is a bloated game with a lot of MTX inside and from launch it had a lot of bugs, even with updates bringing bag issues that were previously fixed, but the store never had a bug once!, so i agree to an extent with the OP, and Mirage was originally dlc for Valhalla, and i've seen their mtx list,

But Odyssey was worse, i played the game on release day in October and stopped and didn't play again until they patched it in the January after a mass of complaints to how grindy it was, well that was to sell time saver packs and xp boost's, so yeah i'm not a fan of Ubisoft's monetization and the company but i do like the AC games, eventually!.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ubisoft is trash, and they have 0 respect for PC players.

I will never purchase another game from them outright on PC.

Filled with extra DRM layers, tons of bugs, Uplay trash, filled with microtransactions. Stories are meh.

Fuck em. I wish everyone stopped buying their shit.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The game is trash but i don't remember having any problem on pc at launch, did the game got worse with patches?

Laptop1991

The game is trash but i don't remember having any problem on pc at launch, did the game got worse with patches?
Not being to actually play the game, but quite a few side quests wouldn't start or complete, the game launched ok, but some quests were fixed, then in later patches the issue would reappear, i had a few of these myself, infact my achievements were all reset from November and December, and i had to unlock them all again in January after a patch update.

Top Bottom