• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Games Ahoy: Check Ebgames

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Now, as the generation comes to a close, I've been seeing more and more PS2 games hit the shelf. As allways, some fall victim to the EBgames marketing strategy. Some, return the craziest of games. I was walking into my local ebgames, and came in on the backend of a conversation.

One employee was talking about how they just got a mint condition Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in for the Xbox. That, and even with his discount it still would have been around 60 effing dollars. Then, I decide to jump in and say I found one for around 40 for the PS2 a long time back. Its rediculously rare and is going for over 100 on ebay and whatnot.

We talk for a bit, and he starts to point out how the store is a ****ing goldmine for rare games. They got in an old Suikoden game for PS2, Zone of the Enders 2, Rez, and a few other old games that are rarely printed anymore, if that.

The kicker is, he even warned me not to trade in stuff like that to EB. Keep it to yourself and sell it online or something. I can understand the hatred for EB, but, if you are missing some stuff in your collection and absolutely can't find it anywhere, its worth a shot.

Now, are their some really old PS2 games that I should be on the look-out for?

Tarazet

Oldschoolgamer said:
Now, as the generation comes to a close, I've been seeing more and more PS2 games hit the shelf. As allways, some fall victim to the EBgames marketing strategy. Some, return the craziest of games. I was walking into my local ebgames, and came in on the backend of a conversation.

One employee was talking about how they just got a mint condition Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in for the Xbox. That, and even with his discount it still would have been around 60 effing dollars. Then, I decide to jump in and say I found one for around 40 for the PS2 a long time back. Its rediculously rare and is going for over 100 on ebay and whatnot.

We talk for a bit, and he starts to point out how the store is a ****ing goldmine for rare games. They got in an old Suikoden game for PS2, Zone of the Enders 2, Rez, and a few other old games that are rarely printed anymore, if that.

The kicker is, he even warned me not to trade in stuff like that to EB. Keep it to yourself and sell it online or something. I can understand the hatred for EB, but, if you are missing some stuff in your collection and absolutely can't find it anywhere, its worth a shot.

Now, are their some really old PS2 games that I should be on the look-out for?

I haven't been to a Gamestop lately and not seen Suikoden III, ZoE2, or Rez. All of these games were reprinted by a company called Game Quest Direct.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
sonarrat said:
I haven't been to a Gamestop lately and not seen Suikoden III, ZoE2, or Rez. All of these games were reprinted by a company called Game Quest Direct.

That would explain it then. Maybe its just my area then, because I see them for like a day, and then they all vanish.

Tarazet

Oldschoolgamer said:
That would explain it then. Maybe its just my area then, because I see them for like a day, and then they all vanish.

You can still order them from GQD's website, and they'll still be factory wrapped (in ZoE2's case, for the same price). They come out of the same factory as every other PS2 game - it's just that they footed the bill for the print, and they earn the lion's share of the profits with some royalties going to the pub/dev.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is another game that has recently been reprinted (both PS2 and Xbox).

Some PS2 games that are still hard to find and in strong demand:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (1)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002 (yes, really)

Daigoro

ill pass.

sonarrat said:
You can still order them from GQD's website, and they'll still be factory wrapped (in ZoE2's case, for the same price). They come out of the same factory as every other PS2 game - it's just that they footed the bill for the print, and they earn the lion's share of the profits with some royalties going to the pub/dev.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is another game that has recently been reprinted (both PS2 and Xbox).

Some PS2 games that are still hard to find and in strong demand:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (1)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002 (yes, really)

GQD rocks hard.

MrDaravon

I didn't know ZOE2 had gotten reprinted. I'm trading demi for his mint/complete copy for a copy of FF3 when it comes out, so I still come out a little bit ahead of the $40+ shipping though.

Tarazet

SailorDaravon said:
I didn't know ZOE2 had gotten reprinted. I'm trading demi for his mint/complete copy for a copy of FF3 when it comes out, so I still come out a little bit ahead of the $40+ shipping though.

I didn't know either.. I haven't been checking CAG, and Wario has been slow to share stuff with us.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
sonarrat said:
I bought the 'Ultimate Collectors Edition' for 10 bucks this week. It was pre-owned but the DVD's and the booklet are mint. The box is scratched a bit though.

Oh shit, ZOE2 is only $40. Time to go see how scratched my old copy is.

Edit: If only they could get Capcom to reprint Mega Man Zero. Hmm, they have Fist of Mars, maybe I should buy another copy for collector's sake.

Used games are often a way to find rarities, but if the people at the shop are actual gamers in any way, they probably know which games are overpriced and buy them themselves to keep/Ebay.

For example, a friend had someone come in with a load of SNES RPGs. The store wouldn't buy them, of course, but he bought them with his own private cash and got some great deals.

Top Bottom