• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

The Flash

Banned
So is there pre order extras attached to this title?

I see when you click on it on the xbl store, it says bundle only which generally means some pre order stuff is attached.

But I'm not sure.

I haven't heard of any pre-order extras. It might be labeled as a bundle because of the 360 games.

So is there pre order extras attached to this title?

I see when you click on it on the xbl store, it says bundle only which generally means some pre order stuff is attached.

But I'm not sure.

"Collections" on the Xbox store generally have separate store pages/files for each game. State of Decay has separate ones from the main game for Lifeline and Deadline (check under manage game). Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel are separate, as are the two Prototype games, as examples, they have their own store pages but count over "Handsome Jack/Biohazard" Bundles.

Because the Rare Replay Collection includes the Xbox 360 games which are not specifically being redone, I think the bundle is for all the separate 360 game files, plus the one bigger one which will have all the non-360 games in it.

I hope all that makes sense...

I haven't heard of any pre-order extras. It might be labeled as a bundle because of the 360 games.

"Collections" on the Xbox store generally have separate store pages/files for each game. State of Decay has separate ones from the main game for Lifeline and Deadline (check under manage game). Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel are separate, as are the two Prototype games, as examples, they have their own store pages but count over "Handsome Jack/Biohazard" Bundles.

Because the Rare Replay Collection includes the Xbox 360 games which are not specifically being redone, I think the bundle is for all the separate 360 game files, plus the one bigger one which will have all the non-360 games in it.

I hope all that makes sense...

Thanks you two.

It does make sense.

Bsigg12

I had no idea this was going to take up 50Gb. Jesus

From the store listing

Size:11.26 GB

Game Description:To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Rare brings together the adventures of its iconic characters in a collection that spans the decades. From its earliest 2D classics to Xbox 360 triumphs, Rare Replay delivers a gaming treasure trove for veteran players and newcomers alike. As you brawl with the Battletoads, grab Jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie and fight the future in Perfect Dark, you'll uncover bonus content and exclusive looks at the creation of Rare Replay's hits. Master the basics or test your skills with all-new snapshot challenges and 10,000 Gamerscore. Gaming's greatest are back, lovingly presented and exclusively on Xbox One! After purchase, the Xbox 360 titles within Rare Replay will also be added to your download queue. Installation space for all titles will require a further 38Gb. If you cancel the installation of a title, you can reinstall at any time by locating the title in the "Ready to Install" section of My Games & app or within the Xbox Store.

munroe

I had no idea this was going to take up 50Gb. Jesus

Yeah I posted that the previous page, seemingly all the 360 games are not included on the disc, though makes sense as we would have been wondering what magic they used to fit all 30 games into 11Gb

RedToad64

So... if you download the 360 games from this collection and they get added to your account does that mean you "permanently" own them? Like, you could actually download them on a regular 360 console?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It's makingme quite sad that they are not offering everything on disc. Sure, they'd need two blurays, but what sad state would it be if you wanted to play this anniversary collection after XBL is down and you cannot play the 360 games on it anymore...

I'm pretty sure that everything would be on the disc, and that the disc would install the Xbox 360 games separately from the rest of the game. Are you guys just going off of the size of the digital version listed on the page? That doesn't really mean anything. You can always ask Rare directly, though.

munroe

I'm pretty sure that everything would be on the disc, and that the disc would install the Xbox 360 games separately from the rest of the game. Are you guys just going off of the size of the digital version listed on the page? That doesn't really mean anything. You can always ask Rare directly, though.

Guessing you didn't read all recent posts

After purchase, the Xbox 360 titles within Rare Replay will also be added to your download queue. Installation space for all titles will require a further 38Gb. If you cancel the installation of a title, you can reinstall at any time by locating the title in the "Ready to Install" section of My Games & app or within the Xbox Store.

That's from the small print on the xbox store page

Guessing you didn't read all recent posts

I've read every post of the thread. I'm subscribed to it. I made a point of mentioning that the info that was posted was from the Xbox store page, which is for the digital version. This does not mean that the disc won't have the Xbox 360 games on them.

Of course the Xbox store page would mention that the digital version would need to download the Xbox 360 games separately, since they're all just basically emulated ISOs of the Xbox 360 discs. There's more than enough space on the retail disc to fit all of those files on there, and they'd install separately from the other stuff, just like the digital version. Episodic games, for instance, install each episode separately off of the disc instead of as one large file.

Of course, I could be wrong about them being on disc. I don't work for Rare, after all.. But it'd be dumb to leave all of that free disc space there unused.

Edit: I sent a Tweet to Rare asking about it. Hopefully I did it right, as I don't really use Twitter normally.

Xemnas89

So do we know how the gamerscore will be handled in this game. I'm assuming 5000 is covered by the 360 retail releases but after that I don't know. Have they said how they'll be spreading the rest of it around?

So do we know how the gamerscore will be handled in this game. I'm assuming 5000 is covered by the 360 retail releases but after that I don't know. Have they said how they'll be spreading the rest of it around?

6050 GS is covered by the backwards compatible 360 titles (and as a side note, a lot of achievement hunters out there are annoyed that this collection doesn't have a "new" 10,000 GS as it initially seemed like it would).

The current achievement list for the collection exists, but it seems to be incomplete as it is only 2780 GS and doesn't include any achievements for Killer Instinct Gold, Conker's BFD, Blast Corps, or Jet Force Gemini. It's possible that those will be separated out into different achievement lists to account for the missing 1170 GS, or perhaps added later.

Leflus

Craig Duncan has confirmed that this will be the case. The 360 games are going to be included on the disc.

chrislowe

It's makingme quite sad that they are not offering everything on disc. Sure, they'd need two blurays, but what sad state would it be if you wanted to play this anniversary collection after XBL is down and you cannot play the 360 games on it anymore...

Romsize for the first 26 games are 7.5GB exluding emulation etc.

If they used a dual layer BluRay I dont see why they couldnt fit all the games onto one disc so I guess there are some other reasons to this.

RhyDin

I really just want to play Grabbed By The Ghoulies again and I really don't want to buy another console for one game. Apparently it's backwards compatible with 360, though?

Romsize for the first 26 games are 7.5GB exluding emulation etc.

If they used a dual layer BluRay I dont see why they couldnt fit all the games onto one disc so I guess there are some other reasons to this.

The games may not really be that large - especially with dummy file padding and they can probably compress assets.

has there been any word whether some of the coop games would feature online coop? I would like to at least play Battletoads online but i'm guessing that that wont happen

RedToad64

I really just want to play Grabbed By The Ghoulies again and I really don't want to buy another console for one game. Apparently it's backwards compatible with 360, though?

The games may not really be that large - especially with dummy file padding and they can probably compress assets.
Yeah, Grabbed by the Ghoulies is playable on 360. You can download it straight from the marketplace. Not too bad for ten bucks, but obviously this collection is the better deal.

suikodan

Can't wait to play Battletoads. I've been holding off from playing my NES copy to see RR's features and challenges with the game.

Too bad Battlemaniacs isn't included.

Velikost

has there been any word whether some of the coop games would feature online coop? I would like to at least play Battletoads online but i'm guessing that that wont happen

Wondering this as well. I'd especially love for Conker's multiplayer to have Live support, but I know that won't happen.

Too bad Battlemaniacs isn't included.

Maybe they'll do more of the remaining Rare titles that they can without additional licensing as DLC. Still, if you're gonna pick the two BT games, they chose well. I never really felt the appeal of Battlemaniacs outside of bigass sprites as it always felt too slippy to control, lacking any of the crispness of control the others had.

Maybe they'll do more of the remaining Rare titles that they can without additional licensing as DLC. Still, if you're gonna pick the two BT games, they chose well. I never really felt the appeal of Battlemaniacs outside of bigass sprites as it always felt too slippy to control, lacking any of the crispness of control the others had.

It'd be nice to see some of the different variations of Battletoads (BT & DD, BT Gen, BT Gameboy, BT Famicom etc). I'd pay $40 for a complete Battletoads pack, actually.

So... if you download the 360 games from this collection and they get added to your account does that mean you "permanently" own them? Like, you could actually download them on a regular 360 console?

This is my main question. I only have a 360 and to get all the 360 games for $30 is such a good deal (N&B and Pinata for instance equals $30 alone).

Timu

I don't know how I'm gonna do Clinger Winger with the Xbox One controller, I mean, I can barely get through that stage just on the NES controller!!!

munroe

This is my main question. I only have a 360 and to get all the 360 games for $30 is such a good deal (N&B and Pinata for instance equals $30 alone).

I would imagine that if you bought the digital version it would be just the single download code which would only work on xbox one and not say individual codes for each 360 game so I don't think you could play them on the 360.

So how many controllers will MS sell from all the broken controllers due to raging players playing Battletoads?

Buying regular controllers is useless. Battletoads is the real reason the elite controller was made. Also i cant seem to buy the game on xbox store (uk). Just says bundle only.

-MD-

So how many controllers will MS sell from all the broken controllers due to raging players playing Battletoads?

Even the worst players with anger issues should be ok considering there's a 10-second rewind feature in every game.

Maxrunner

Not quite:
RarewareLogoOld.jpg

vs

-PAI5iJF.png

Top Bottom