• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven bans 50,000 COD: Warzone players, but what sort of solution can put an end to the hacker/cheater menace?

Have you run into hackers/cheaters (Aim bots, headshot hack, wall hack, shoot through wall hack)

• Yes

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I don't give a shit about COD Warzone

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • Yes, could someone at Activision do something concrete about fixing this issue?

Votes: 25 14.5%

• Total voters
50K assholes.
Maybe I'm old, but I don't really understand how you can have fun cheating... these are the same ones who hid Scrabble cards as children or stole money from the Monopoly bank. :pie_roffles:

TheShocker

50,000 new accounts were made the same day as the ban wave. For those that haven’t followed Warzone, they’ve banned close to a million accounts at this point and have even publicly said some were repeat offenders. Raven Software cannot get ahold of the problem and Activision won’t support a pricey anti-cheat solution. It’s a bad combination on top the ease of access to create a new account. They’ve put a stop to a few companies selling console hacks, but they literally can’t or won’t touch the PC community. It’s toxic and a ton of major streamers/content creators are either fed up and walking away or cheating themselves. The game really isn’t in a good place right now.

I honestly want to know the percentage of cheaters on ps/Xbox and PC
If majority of them are on PC then the solution is simple , give the option to opt out of PC matchmaking ,or a better solution would be to make coldwar or mw2019 purchase necassary on PC to access warzone

VolticArchangel

Gold Member

what sort of solution can put an end to the hacker/cheater menace?​

Kick PC out of the Console population and force Console crossplay by default. Implement input based matchmaking on top of it. Problem solved for consoles. Hardware that allows emulation of devices, like a cronus or others of similar nature, can be banned from the manufacturer's side via a firmware update.

Console players don't give a fuck if PC dies out within a week since a game is launched, which exactly why infinity ward forced pc crossplay in the first place with console players in mw 2019 and warzone, pretending to be "sAvIoRs oF tHe iNdUsTrY bY aLLoWiNg cRoSsPlAy, bY hAvInG tHe LaRgeST pLaYeRbAsE aND LoWeSt mAtChMaKiNg tImEs", when in actual reality, the only platform that brings in a playerbase (millions of them) are the two consoles and the pc (literally in the 100's to 1000's, a tiny insignificant minority that's holding back consoles from playing with each other by dividing the console playerbase into 2 by "the players have default crossplay on with PC" and "players who turned off crossplay to play with their only single console") leeching off of them both to stay alive, or be dead within a week/play single playlist like TDM (and run to discord to arrange matches) like they usually do for most new games that aren't in the steam top 100 stats, or made by blizzard (not acti) and other pc centric devs.

Console only crossplay is future of crossplay.

Last edited:

BigLee74

(1) MOUSE vs CONTROLLER - Which Is Better & Should You Switch?? [Warzone Academy] - YouTube

Controller on PC is the meta. There's a few m+k players near the top and the rest is all cracked out scuf 'demons' with generous aim assist.

Interesting, but one guys opinion.

As a guy that can use a mouse and keyboard very well, I call ‘pish’ 😁

Mouse and keyboard me could whip modded controller me, even if controller me had generous amounts of aim assist. But 22 years of Unreal Tournament headshots will do that.

Interesting, but one guys opinion.

As a guy that can use a mouse and keyboard very well, I call ‘pish’ 😁

Mouse and keyboard me could whip modded controller me, even if controller me had generous amounts of aim assist. But 22 years of Unreal Tournament headshots will do that.
One guy who plays Warzone at the highest level on both mouse and controller who also refers to literally the best mouse player and the best controller player who also both say controller has the advantage in Warzone...

Presumably you kind of suck at controller. I could beat the controller version of myself too. I don't have any interest in getting good at it, and when someone wants to play on console with me I'll hook up a XIM, but with the proliferation of crossplay that's been a lot less of a thing.

You talk about how great WZ is on controller against people of similar skill. Would it not be good for a mediocre m+k player against other mediocre m+k players?

You get frustrated when you get killed by cracked out PC squads, but you probably don't even notice when you beat a mouse player who hit you first but you have aim assist keeping your reticle glued to him following his changes in strafing instantly while he misses a couple of shots reacquiring you when you change your strafe.

Just watch some of the top controller Warzone players like Aydan, JoeWo, or ZLaner. Some of them play on crazy high sensitivity where if you showed me some of their gameplay with zero other context I probably would have assumed it was mouse.

SAMZ

Why? DICE already confirmed that there will be cross-play between the three platforms and that you opt-out (exclude) PC players.

The problem is what is default and the cross play setting buried in the settings somewhere. The masses not knowing about it. Default should be PC excluded.

If it works like anything like apex then its dead on arrival.

For context re apex. If you turned off cross play on PS4 then you will only be matched with other PS4 players that have turned it off also. So games never start or fill from what i experienced. Most people would just simply not bother to turn it off.

BigLee74

One guy who plays Warzone at the highest level on both mouse and controller who also refers to literally the best mouse player and the best controller player who also both say controller has the advantage in Warzone...

Presumably you kind of suck at controller. I could beat the controller version of myself too. I don't have any interest in getting good at it, and when someone wants to play on console with me I'll hook up a XIM, but with the proliferation of crossplay that's been a lot less of a thing.

You talk about how great WZ is on controller against people of similar skill. Would it not be good for a mediocre m+k player against other mediocre m+k players?

You get frustrated when you get killed by cracked out PC squads, but you probably don't even notice when you beat a mouse player who hit you first but you have aim assist keeping your reticle glued to him following his changes in strafing instantly while he misses a couple of shots reacquiring you when you change your strafe.

Just watch some of the top controller Warzone players like Aydan, JoeWo, or ZLaner. Some of them play on crazy high sensitivity where if you showed me some of their gameplay with zero other context I probably would have assumed it was mouse.

Thanks for telling me I suck with the controller 😂.

I think for your average guy, mouse and keyboard win over controller. I’m not interested in top level try hards.

And yes, average mouse and keyboard players will have fun against average mouse and keyboard players. That’s not the argument. The argument boils down to don’t allow mouse and keyboard players to be matched with controller players unless people opt in. It should never be forced.

Don’t just ban the account, but the IP address as well. Hire the people that make cheating software to make IN GAME software to detect it. Give up on third party cheat detection software.

Give up on MP games and go back to single player.

S0ULZB0URNE

PC Crossplay is turned on by default on Xbox and you can't turn it off. Which is perplexingly dumb.
Stopped playing Gears 5 on PC because of the cheating.
Started playing on XSX and still noticed it.

So I looked it up and you can't turn off crossplay WTF

Boneless

Even on consoles competitive online fps games are being plagued by scum that uses crap like this:

The Office GIF

PC gamers should be protected from console gamers.

Sheesh 50k in a week. I stopped playing games like this a few years ago and was planning on getting into them again sometime this year but ehhhhhhh I think ima keep my happy ass in SP land.

I saw someone said folks were buying some of these adapters in stores for change nowadays is that true? You don’t even have to work hard to be a good cheater anymore 😂

I suck at this type of stuff so I probably wouldn’t even think they weee cheating

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sheesh 50k in a week. I stopped playing games like this a few years ago and was planning on getting into them again sometime this year but ehhhhhhh I think ima keep my happy ass in SP land.

I saw someone said folks were buying some of these adapters in stores for change nowadays is that true? You don’t even have to work hard to be a good cheater anymore 😂

I suck at this type of stuff so I probably wouldn’t even think they weee cheating

The strike packs are on sale right next to controllers in stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop and so on.

They add back paddles to standard PS4/Xbox One controllers and the paddles feel great.

But for like $20 a year you can subscribe to a Mod Pass that lets you download straight hacks to these strike packs like full auto sniper rifles with no recoil

The strike packs are on sale right next to controllers in stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop and so on.

They add back paddles to standard PS4/Xbox One controllers and the paddles feel great.

But for like $20 a year you can subscribe to a Mod Pass that lets you download straight hacks to these strike packs like full auto sniper rifles with no recoil
That is insane lol and it makes me feel old. I remember when folks were going to some questionable sites downloading hacks or buying stuff that let them mod their hardware for stuff you guys are describing. I'm actually heading to walmart in like 20 minutes for some household goods, just knowing I can go in there and walk out a COD Champion is ridiculous

If you rely on any aim assist, you auto suck with a controller.
If your point is that aim assist shouldn't be a thing, I'm totally with you. But the market sure isn't. The average COD player wants to reaction flick their thumbstick at an opponent (or pre-aim a corner and get free tracking) to get their kills. Removing aim assist would also murder the viability of crossplay.
I never understood the need for cheating. What's the fucking benefit?
The benefit is you win. Your KD goes up. Is it stupid? Of course! But there's a whole spectrum of that kind of behavior.

On one end you have the cheaters where winning is the only important thing, and they give zero consideration to how they get there. Maybe they can make money off an online tournament or via Twitch/YouTube before eventually being caught out. If your goal is to make money, and you don't think cheating at a video game is a big deal, it's not that hard to rationalize. Then you have the cheaters who rationalize it with "well others are cheating", or "I get bad frames and lag so I need something to compensate". Then you'll have the guys who wouldn't wallhack or aimbot, but they have no problems using anti-recoil or aim assist macros with the same levels of rationalization.

Once you get out of pure cheaterville you'd get into the players who if they are pretty good might make endless smurfs so they can stomp noobs all day. They're not really cheating in the classical sense but they don't have much sense of fair play. Any hopes of improving further will be stunted by going full pubstomp and having zero introspection.

Then you also have the guys who aren't as talented, and also have zero interest in improving. So they'll latch on to the previous group and rank up that way. Abusing smurfs in whatever way they can. It never registers that whatever rank they achieve is empty as they aren't actually improving at the game. Getting carried to a rank is just as good as solo queueing there on your own to them.

And then there's the blame everyone but themselves guys, also zero introspection...

Then eventually you get to players who are interested in developing actual teamwork, and/or working on their mechanical skills. And players who focus on what they can do better to improve at something rather than blaming external factors. And sadly that's by far the smallest group. I'd love to include myself but TBH I get too tilted. I do have some introspection at least though, and have a renewed focus on improving at my various hobbies including FPS.

raduque

Walmart, Best Buy and Gamestop all sell these devices right next to the controllers and its a huge part of why my nephews use them flat saying "If they were illegal to use Walmart wouldnt sell them"

Their favorite "mod" in Warzone is using the single shot DMR in full auto with zero recoil with heavy aim assist on their PS4
You need to slap the shit out of your nephews

Shmunter

You need to slap the shit out of your nephews
As far as I remember on 360 COD used to detect induced auto fire on weapons and make them jam up etc. what’s changed?

Either way, these console devices just augment the controller for auto fire and fight recoil. It’s not even a poofteenth of the crap coming from pc with wall hacks and aim bots etc.

Being add on hardware with wires to boot, makes them quite niche. Never actually seen one for sale in my part of the world.

Last edited:

twilo99

Its been particularly bad this past week for me.. almost every other lobby, even on rebirth.

I don't think they care, otherwise they would've done something by now.

The game is enormous fun otherwise.

Matched with console players of similar skill, Warzone is quite simply the best game ever made.

Matched with K&M PC players, Warzone is shite. Complete shite.

Just spectate a squad of PC players that put you out. Laugh as the snap onto people with ease, and perform turns and moves just not possible on a controller without turning sensitivity way up (which would then render you unable to aim).

Controllers simply can’t compete. The best you can hope for is that you survive long enough so that they have already wiped each other out, or that you get lucky and manage to encounter them unaware.

The advantage good PC players have (never mind the outright cheats) cannot be downplayed enough. And I say this as a guy who is more than adept with a keyboard and mouse (22 years of Unreal Tournament).

Console crossplay needs to be a thing going forward.
You know on console you can play with k&m right?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Also Pro players like nickmercs usually play with a controller because of the aim assist, I find it a good balance between pc and consoles although I say it's a little strong on the aim assist I rather use keyboard and mouse.
Pro player and aim assist??? LOL. What is next??? Pro Sim players using steering assist???

Excess

Even on consoles competitive online fps games are being plagued by scum that uses crap like this:

The Office GIF

WTF I've had a Cronus Max for years to be able to play with different controllers on different consoles. I never thought Cronus would stoop to the level they have now with the Zen.

WTF I've had a Cronus Max for years to be able to play with different controllers on different consoles. I never thought Cronus would stoop to the level they have now with the Zen.
I mean there getting a shit ton of money off people, unless Microsoft or Sony threatens to sue them they will still operate as normal.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Well I'm not disagreeing with you, but if you use a controller you need aim assist, especially against keyboard and mouse. Try turning off aim assist in bfv or warzone on a controller.
I tried. Changed from zero fun to some fun. What is the fun in letting the assist get credits for all single kill I do???

Tumle

I'm not the best player (my teammates are worse :p), so i always get the lower to mid percentage lobby's. every time they do these bans, i see an influx of "cracked" players flooding the lobbies, and we just get hammered for a day or week, until they go up the ladder..

It's really pathetic that they can't find a way to ban these players permanently.. there must be some other info going to the server about the PC being used, other than the IP that they can track, since the IP can just be changed with a VPN..

Last edited:
Well I'm not disagreeing with you, but if you use a controller you need aim assist, especially against keyboard and mouse. Try turning off aim assist in bfv or warzone on a controller.

Not quite everyone needs aim assist. But then when you give someone like this cracked out lispy fuck aim assist on top of their aim...

Last edited:

Kerotan

Simple solution. Make the default setting console only crossplay and let pc servers crash and burn. Stop using console players to dilute the shitty as pc servers.

Paasei

What certainly stopped me from playing this game is the file size. Maybe make it even larger for unknown reasons just like before? Then a lot of players can't install it anymore on their PC/Console. Seems like a realistic solution.

Top Bottom