• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel announces retirement from the games industry

Apparently he left because he was an asshole to developers

Too bad, I always wanted to see him direct another 3D Rayman game. I've been playing Rayman 3 recently and while it's still a damn good game, it's just missing some of the magic that Rayman 2 had. I guess it's all good since he was working on BGE instead of Rayman 3 lol

Last edited:

Rran

Apparently he left because he was an asshole to developers

Too bad, I always wanted to see him direct another 3D Rayman game. I've been playing Rayman 3 recently and while it's still a damn good game, it's just missing some of the magic that Rayman 2 had. I guess it's all good since he was working on BGE instead of Rayman 3 lol
I never know what to believe with these things. He denies the allegations so I'm defaulting to innocent until proven guilty.

petran79

Banned
it seemed like he had a hard time getting games into production, in order to get them off the ground. he had to cave into modern sensibilities of videogames. sometimes there's a reason why game creators leave a series.

and Rayman is the reason, why Ubisoft is even a well-known name in the first place. other than Tom Clancy's games.

He does not depart well unfortunately.

Last edited:

Kadve

Rayman 3 is excellent. It makes me want to replay it on PS3.

He had nothing to do with that game though (busy with the first BG&E). But he did claim he would set his sites on another 3d Rayman game once he was done with Wild and BG&E 2.

But i guess that won't happen now, which is a shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom