• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends coming to Xbox 360/PS3, all versions releasing in September

Fandangox

I aim to please.

ourz1.jpg

f18gq.jpg

4f7iw.jpg

And my favorite:

h82si.jpg

Amazing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Their not doing themselves any favor buy pushing Rayman Wii U game demos instead of pushing their games and publishing it in Japan? What's Nintendo actual mistake here please tell me.

You think they might have pushed harder for a timed release.

SmokyDave

join the club..
I shit you not, I seriously thought about nipping out to buy a Wii-U just to read the Miiverse meltdowns. There are some in stock about 100 feet from my house. I'd have laughed tonight and then regretted it in the morning so cooler heads prevailed, fortunately.

meppi

Thanks Ubi! You just saved me some money.

I was gonna pick this up on release, but now I'll just wait till I can grab it for €12 like I did with the first one.
By the time September comes around I'll be spending my time and money on other things that are more important to me. :)

AniHawk

I seriously doubt it would take Ubisoft 6 months to port this to PS3/360. It's quite clearly just an extension of Origins and it's UbiArt Framework engine. An engine that is so cross-platform compatible they have it running perfectly on PS3, 360, Vita, PC, 3DS, iOS and Windows Phone (and probably something else I've missed out). This game was always destined to be ported to something else. Why the massive delay? Even the initial announcement screamed easy sequel. They've re-styled the graphics (though same physics, animations etc.), introduced 3D models and elements, and created new levels etc.

This development is bizarre .

the only thing i can think of is that it really, truly was supposed to be made specifically for the wii u, and now it's being retooled as a more traditional rayman game (no need for the gamepad).

Wii U Exclusives I give a shit about at this point: 1

At least NSMBU can't go multiplat and be delayed at this point :p

Also, I hope there's a PC release of RL now.

Mikey Jr.

Sucks for WiiU owners.

Not only because of the delay, but because it's no longer exclusive.

But on the other hand, as a PS360 owner, I'm happy I can play it without paying hundreds of dollars.

Hattori

Banned
Forget being capcom'd, Wii U just got Ubisoft'd. Oh well, at least we got some extra game money this month, might as well get that Lego game with my MH preorder

I was so looking forward to this in a couple weeks. The only way they could make up for this is with new content for the Wii U version. How about some more of those music levels like in the demo? That was awesome

But whatever, still getting it for the Wii U since the other consoles are going out the window when the new ones arrive. Just hope I have some money for the release, if not I'll just wait for it to be cheaper around Christmas. I also wonder what other big releases are coming in September, could be a very bad month for them :(

this was a crap move by Ubisoft no matter how you look at it. I can't believe anyone would say Nintendo Hates Rayman when this game has been pushed so hard in many Nintendo Directs

Sucks for people that wanted the game this month. But this is a game that would've gone multiplat eventually anyway, so if you want it that bad, you should still buy it, right?

Of course, the competition will be pretty thick later this year. I'd imagine the game would have a better shot, on Wii U at least, to release this month and not compete with another stylish platformer like Yarn Yoshi or a big-hitter like Mario Kart in September.

Zero148

Love what this says about publishers' relationships with Nintendo.

Want a PS360 game ported to Wii U? Aw, sorry! It's too late in development!
Want a Wii U game ported to PS360? Sure thing! We'll even delay the Wii U release.

I mean, didn't Rayman Legends already go gold?

this is sadly the case. It is the same for other games:

Microsoft to Publishers: Make your 720 games Kinect enahnced or bust
Publishers: yeah for sure, this is an amazing idea

Nintendo to Publishers: Please port game x to WiiU, we have all the standard input methods and a touch screen interface on the controller
Publishers: No Ninty, your controller is far to exotic for our game

as an example

leroidys

Wow, this is a mini-megaton for me. I played the demo on a Wii U station the other day, and this game was SO GOOD. It's looking increasingly likely that I won't "have" to buy a Wii U until the next Smashbros comes out, at least.

evanmisha

One thing this has taught me: A lot of people expect Mario Kart and Wind Waker HD by September.

Better stock up my bomb shelter for when that news drops

this was a crap move by Ubisoft no matter how you look at it. I can't believe anyone would say Nintendo Hates Rayman when this game has been pushed so hard in many Nintendo Directs

Nintendo was even publishing the game. Unless Nintendo decided to back out, I don't see how it was Nintendo's attitude towards the game that made it get delayed on Wii U and not abysmal 3rd party sales. This isnt some deliberate attempt to screw over Nintendo or Nintendo fans and this isn't some dumb move made by Nintendo towards Ubisoft. The simplest answer is always the best one and there is no need for conspiracy theories.

Sucks for people that wanted the game this month. But this is a game that would've gone multiplat eventually anyway, so if you want it that bad, you should still buy it, right?

Of course, the competition will be pretty thick later this year. I'd imagine the game would have a better shot, on Wii U at least, to release this month and not compete with another stylish platformer like Yarn Yoshi or a big-hitter like Mario Kart in September.

that is the point people expected this in December 2012 it got delayed to Feb 26th
but it turns out the delay was bullshit Ubisoft now is telling those same people to wait 7 months so it can be ported. The ports are a non-issue but 3 weeks away from release should piss any gamer off no matter what fanboy flag you are waving. If you think this was a good move wait until it happens to a game you are waiting on a few weeks from release.

Frodo

Can someone please explain in what universe delaying the Wii U version makes any sense?

Going multiplatform is perfectly understandable, but... delaying a game that is already finished to release it against GTAV? Wut?

RobbieNick

Why sell a game on a game-starved system where there's no competition coming out when you can release it near GTAV's launch? Not only that, it's near the Christmas season where you can buy games like that at bargain basement prices, cutting down the value of the game as well. Why buy Rayman Legends at $50/$60 when I can get it two months later in November for half the price?

Hiltz

Can someone please explain in what universe delaying the Wii U version makes any sense?

Going multiplatform is perfectly understandable, but... delaying a game that is already finished to release it against GTAV? Wut?

It's only logical in the sense that Wii U's install base will be bigger by then but that's it. Ubisoft's thinking about the fans, just not about the ones who were looking forward to playing the game during launch window.

Effect

One thing this has taught me: A lot of people expect Mario Kart and Wind Waker HD by September.

Better stock up my bomb shelter for when that news drops

Both Mario Kart and Mario will be playable at E3. Chances are at least one of them makes it for the holiday season. Either way that picture is likely accurate just depends if he needs the kart or not. Not like a 3D Mario and a Mario Kart haven't released at the same time also. Happen with 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Hiltz

Miiverse is a serious PR agent... it can be great but it sure can be evil
KuGsj.gif

Yep. That is true, but they only complain because game companies are fucking them over in one way or another. It's nice that these game companies can check up on the misery of being a Wii U early adopter, but we can also show praise for the few that deserve it. Ubisoft should have done the honorable thing by releasing the game as originally intended and just do the ports in the Fall.

Top Bottom