• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends & Origins double pack coming to Vita?

According to Amazon.de anyway, 'Rayman Legends & Rayman Origins' is listed for a June 4th release on Vita. No other platforms are showing up.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00WAZN7E4/

pdGrknk.png

No box art or anything, but I imagine it'll probably be both games on one cartridge like Ubisoft's Rabbids compilation for 3DS? Kinda... unexpected, but hey.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I have both individually, on Vita and on the Nintendo systems, so no need for the dual pack, but that is one incredible value. 30€ for two of the best non-Nintendo platformers? That's a steal and anyone owning a Vita and not owning those games should definitely grab that pack!

Red Hood

Banned
But you can already unlock the (majority of) Rayman Origins levels in Legends? I can't see the point of a double pack in that case.

Thoraxes

That's like almost 3 times as much (compared to what I paid for them) as it costs to just buy the carts separately nowadays. They're dirt cheap when sales hit.

You can also find both frequently in the clearance section of your local stores.

LewieP

But you can already unlock the (majority of) Rayman Origins levels in Legends? I can't see the point of a double pack in that case.

Yeah a little odd but probably most customers don't really know that.

I guess it's not the entire game that you get in Legends, and there is some changes if I recall correctly.

Tsunamo

Might pick it up if it's decently priced. I have both on Vita, but they're the digital versions so a retail doublepack would be good.

SURGEdude

Great games would be cool to have both on one cart and use the memory freed up on my memory card for something else.

VLiberty

That's like almost 3 times as much (compared to what I paid for them) as it costs to just buy the carts separately nowadays. They're dirt cheap when sales hit.

You can also find both frequently in the clearance section of your local stores.

Unfortunately, that's not the case where I live. I'm trying to find Legends for <15&#8364; but it's impossible, even used.

If I hadn't got Origins with Plus, that would have been great for me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah with gimped scoring requirements. Besides many of the best Origins levels are not in Legends. Land of Livid Dead being the big one I think everyone needs to experience. You are not getting the full experience of the superior Rayman game if you only get Legends.

Spwn

The throwback versions in Legends were really crappy compared to the originals. They messed the flow. Also Origins has the fantastic time trial mode - I was so disappointed that Legends didn't have that.

nampad

Their Vita games sold well enough.

I don't dispute that. Actually, it is what I mean. E.g. They release Child of Light but Valiant Hearts is nowhere to be seen. AC: L sold decently but the AC spinoff isn't coming to the Vita.

Now' they are doing a Rayman doublepack no one expected.

I have both games separately on Vita, but if you don't, buy them. Some of the best games of the past 5 years by far.

I want to say they're under-rated, but I think it's the platforming genre as a whole that's under-rated, rather than being a specific problem with Rayman.

I 100%d both games, the first on Vita and the second on PS3. It's nearly been 2 years since I last played them so might be worth a replay soon. So aesthetically pleasing as well.

rjc571

Banned
Legends took out the temporary lum-doubling powerups and replaced them with a mechanic where you get double lums if you collect them in a certain order, no matter how slow you're going. This removed all of the challenge from reaching the lum collection level goals, and quite frankly ruined the game for me. This new mechanic is also present in the Origins revisited levels, so you're better off playing the real Origins than playing the Origins levels inside Legends.

marcincz

Great news if true.
Finished Rayman on X360, but I would like to play and buy it on Vita. Besides 2 parts of Rayman in 1 box. Yup, I am in.

The throwback versions in Legends were really crappy compared to the originals. They messed the flow. Also Origins has the fantastic time trial mode - I was so disappointed that Legends didn't have that.

Personally didn't like how levels presented in Legend either. I prefer the way levels presented in maps in Origins.

Yeah I personally like origins way more.

Bioshocker

Two amazing games, especially Rayman Legends. It's perfect for PS Vita and together with Tearaway the best you can play on that system.

If this is true, I'm not sure what to make of Ubisoft and their Vita support. Their games sold well enough (especially Child of Light?) to get retail releases so long after release. But no Valiant Hearts, their text-heavy masterpiece, when the Vita already has a distinct library of successful visual novels akin to Valiant Hearts.

VH hit mobile, but not Vita. There was also a rumor from a contact with a 100% track record that Assassin's Creed Chronicles was coming to Vita and that is nowhere to be found either.

And yet, Rayman retail.

Omikaru

I'd actually consider buying this, assuming the cover art isn't gross. I don't have a copy of Legends (sold my Wii U version, which I kind of regret), and I only have Origins on Vita via PS+.

Both are great games and I'd like copies that aren't download versions.

eFKac

Ubisoft is weird in general. See their relationship with Nintendo for example.

Pretty reasonable from what I saw.

Caught lightning in a bottle on Wii with Just Dance, made money on that market.

Weak 3DS support like pretty much all Western devs, went mobile.

Strong Wii U support at launch, when some people thought that it had potential. Saw that the platform is a dead end, core titles flopped, cut support.
Now releases software tailored to the consumer base - casual titles, games for younger audiences, only really stupid decision was to push through with a delayed and sub par version of Watch Dogs which was destined to bomb hard, but maybe there was a contract in place, we don't know.

CamHostage

Two of the very best products on Vita. An easy buy for those without.

I really wish Ubisoft had found more success on Vita. Having Child of Light come over (and in a retail package, even) seemed like a good sign, but then Assassin's Creed Chronicles is so far console-only despite the original reports, and Trials and Valiant Hearts never crossed. (I'd be truly crushed if I thought UbiArt had a future, as the engine seems to run swell on Vita, but who knows if that has a long life ahead either...) And the planned Vita versions of Cloudberry Kingdom and Tetris Ultimate are mysteriously MIA.

I don't know if, had Ubisoft continued as it did in the early days, another traditional AC game on Vita or a portable FarCry or R6 or WatchDogs spin-off or anything like that, whether any of that could have resulted in something other than mild sales. (And Ubi's mobile approach has been surprisingly light-handed, otherwise that'd still be a compatible library to consider.) That said, portables have been a nice market for Ubisoft to play in, and I really wish they'd still think about Vita (and 3DS, for that matter) if there were something we could do to convince them we're here and waiting to buy.

parasky

Neo Member
Are they both psychical versions or is it like the x/x2 remake where one game is a download code and one is psychical? That would be a dealbreaker as I only have a 8gb vita card.

Ridley327

How true is this? Is a great deal of content in legends recycled from origins?

It's not so much that it's recycled, so much that a good chunk of the bonus content you unlock are redone levels from that game. The main game is all 100% original content.

18-Volt

It's nice I think, but I'm still waiting for Ubisoft to return supporting BOTH of the current handhelds with new games.

Shizuka

I'll wait to see if it's the two games in one card or if it's two cards. If it's the first, I'll import it right away and sell my Origins copy.

Top Bottom