• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman's a trophy in Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS...Wait, WHAT?!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
why not include Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter if we include every shitty 3rd party mascot.

jeez Sakurai, when it comes to third party you have the worst taste.
Crash bandicoot will be awesome. He's the only mascot that can truly represent sony. Unlike sackboy and stuffs

And Sakurai posted this on character announcement day as a solemn reminder that you don't fuck with the Smash.

I don't think this trophy reveal did ubisoft any favors, but it might just be my own perspective for all they have been doing to WiiU games lately

I got 4 hours to waste until Shulk so that is the only reason I keep posting amused at Rayman being benched on the sidelines

Ballthyrm

Rayman has plenty of moves to justify a playable character, it is not like a lot of other third party Character , they fit rather well with what we ask of a smash character.

Just for that reason alone, they should put Rayman into the game

Like... I know Shulk's getting revealed tonight, and that excites me greatly.

However, if Sakurai reveals a non-Gematsu character (including, god forbid, Rayman) then the whole thing's thrown wide open, which is even more exciting.

Seik

Banned
zlCfzSKfbq8WYA54yR

He looks drunk with that half-opened eye.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
they're really turning Smash into a museum of video games, aren't they?

I'm totally okay with this.

NotLiquid

Rayman makes perfect sense to add in Smash.

Rayman 2, the most successful Rayman game of all time, debuted on Dreamcast and N64 first, despite the first game's PS1 tenure being more notable.

Hoodlum Havoc was released on Gamecube, and got a GBA exclusive "sequel".

Ubi marketing didnt even try to act like Raving Rabbids was a game you could buy on anything but Wii. The sequel had Nintendo console exclusivity.

Rayman Origins ended up on both Wii and 3DS. Legends was supposed to be a Wii U exclusive at first.

In fact, the only Rayman games not on Nintendo are some various spinoffs and the original Rayman... which got ported to GBA and DSi eventually.

Rayman is one of the few third party characters left that would have a deserving apot.

LAA

Ha ha! Damm he could be a cool character too, didnt even consider him as a character or some reason...

Don't get why you say he was demoted... I get that the rayman delay incident, but Ubisoft is like seriously one of the only 3rd partys still even bothering with Wii U, may it be unwise to "Mess with them", Ha ha.

EDIT: As far as deserving characters go, I think Layton/Ace Attorney are definitely among them for me. Possibly Kingdom Hearts too, though the only exclusive game it will have is KH3D after the HD editions are out, but they still debuted all these spin offs on Nintendo for a long while exclusively.

mindsale

Thought for sure he'd be in after Mario outfits ib Legends. Hopefully we get a Rabbid or Prince over an Assassin. I love AC but Exit or whomever would stand out like Snake.

Thought for sure he'd be in after Mario outfits ib Legends. Hopefully we get a Rabbid or Prince over an Assassin. I love AC but Exit or whomever would stand out like Snake.
I feel fairly confident in saying an AC character would never happen, not in a world of frozen hells and blue moons. Might be personal bias too, that whole series is just trash.

Huh....well that's odd, and kind of neat. I wouldn't think there would be trophies for non-playable 3rd party characters. lol
I'm a pretty big Rayman fan so I'd actually love to see him as a playable fighter in Smash.

SykoTech

I would have liked to see Rayman playable, but we have enough 3rd party characters as it is. Trophy representation is probably for the best. Maybe next time.

Snake will likely be getting this treatment as well though. :(

And lol at anyone trying to convince themselves that Rayman got demoted over Legends drama. Sorry, but I doubt Samurai and Nintendo are as petty and butthurt as you guys are over that.

EDIT: Dont even joke about the Rabbids getting in guys. Just don't.

mclem

Thinking of other representation from major third parties that have a significant influence on the history of gaming... Pitfall Harry for Smash?

Of course, if we are getting an Activision representative, I'd rather have Floyd, but you can't have everything

Aβydoς;120941506 said:
That model looks like he's drunk but normally he looks pretty cool. Globox is better though

Yeah, I know the model makes him look weird, I was referring to his overall design though. I played and loved Rayman Legends, and because I couldn't stand the way he looked I spent the whole game playing as variations of Barbara. Ultimately, his trophy doesn't bother me, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the idea of him potentially being playable. :/

Rlan

Thinking of other representation from major third parties that have a significant influence on the history of gaming... Pitfall Harry for Smash?

Of course, if we are getting an Activision representative, I'd rather have Floyd, but you can't have everything

Watch it be Crash Bandicoot and everyone's shit flipped.

Top Bottom