• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 GCN is $9.98 Brand New

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Tech Nine said:
-Bomba
-Mikami am cry
- RE was never a good franchise anyawy

just to get that out of the way.

It did sell over a million and a half units so far. And it's been out since January, and considering it's not as famous as it used to be, well yeah.

Amazing... the GOTY costs $10 whereas stripped down feature-less Madden NFL 2K6 on X360 costs $60.

And more Americans will buy that overpriced Madden too.
Ain't life grand? :lol

cvxfreak

Not Yet Shipped:
1 item - delivery estimate: March 3, 2006 - March 6, 2006

Oh well, I own like 6 versions of it anyway. :lol

Tarazet

I wonder why the shipping dates are so wacked. How long does it take them to slap a game into a box? Or do they expect Capcom to actually print more to meet demand?

bobjuice

Banned
SHOULDA ADDED MARIO

GAMECUBE PLAYERS WUV MARIO

THAT AND BIG BUTTONS WITH THE LETTER A ON THEM

"WHAT BUTTON DO I PRESS TO PLAY RE4?"
"SEVERAL OF THEM"
"UH OH BETTER BUY SUPER MARIO SOCCER BALL"

bobjuice said:
SHOULDA ADDED MARIO

GAMECUBE PLAYERS WUV MARIO

THAT AND BIG BUTTONS WITH THE LETTER A ON THEM

"WHAT BUTTON DO I PRESS TO PLAY RE4?"
"SEVERAL OF THEM"
"UH OH BETTER BUY SUPER MARIO SOCCER BALL"

bobjuice

Banned
I'm just saying, if they had simply named it "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Resident Evil 4" it would have sold a gajillion copies

AND I'M RIGHT, PEOPLE

"I DON'T HAVE TO PRESS A BUTTON TO MAKE LINK JUMP? HOORAY"

Tarazet

bobjuice said:
I'm just saying, if they had simply named it "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Resident Evil 4" it would have sold a gajillion copies

AND I'M RIGHT, PEOPLE

:lol I like this troll.

Deku Tree

bobjuice said:

AND I'M RIGHT, PEOPLE

You suck at trolling.

bobjuice

Banned
Just because I'm short, ugly, have big hair and a protruding belly made of plastic doesn't give you the right to call me a troll

I'M A MAN LIKE YOU

All right: I'll try and fit in

"VGCats sucks am cry it's hideos something something bomba, American box art sucks"

AND YOU CAN QUOTE THAT FOR TRUTH IF YOU ARE WITH THE POSTER

Dalthien

Thanks Oli - finally picked up this gem.

I was waiting for it to drop to $30 Canadian. (Sorry - I just can't bring myself to spend more than $30 on any game. Especially when my catalog is still so backlogged, and there are always good games dropping below $30). Even with the shipping and the exchange rate - this will come in under $20 Canadian - can't beat that.

Tumalu

Thanks for the tip. I had been wanting to get this game, but didn't want to spend $50 with all of the other games I wanted to get (please don't hurt me).

Shogun

bobjuice said:
Just because I'm short, ugly, have big hair and a protruding belly made of plastic doesn't give you the right to call me a troll

I'M A MAN LIKE YOU

All right: I'll try and fit in

"VGCats sucks am cry it's hideos something something bomba, American box art sucks"

AND YOU CAN QUOTE THAT FOR TRUTH IF YOU ARE WITH THE POSTER

Drinky?

[Nintex]

bobjuice said:

AND I'M RIGHT, PEOPLE

Thats the reason Minish cap was to hard for you!

I think this game only dipped below 10k units for a single month ever, probably in April or May. Not only is this game not a "Bomba", it's been a very consistent seller if you actually check the sales threads.

It'll still have sold more than the PS2 versions combined when all is said and done. While the Nintendo fan in me is happy, the RE4 fan in me is very, very sad. The worst part for me is that there's no way RE5 is coming to Revolution unless the underpowered talk is some huge conspiracy. I hope RE5 can maintain the magic of RE4 while having more financial success than its predecessor.

So are the extremely long ship estimates accurate? I got Tekken 5 (thanks for the heads up Viewtiful, appreciate it) and it's saying it should arrive on March 1st? I even tried boosting it up to two-day to see if anything would happen but it still says March 1st.

DSFan1970

Sholmes said:
So are the extremely long ship estimates accurate? I got Tekken 5 (thanks for the heads up Viewtiful, appreciate it) and it's saying it should arrive on March 1st? I even tried boosting it up to two-day to see if anything would happen but it still says March 1st.

Perhaps in Greatest Hits Packaging? I got RE4 and Tekken5 both say March 1st. Great deal however. This is an example of why I refuse to pay 50+ for a new game, save for a system launch.

Ryck

BOUGHT! Im 13 hours into the ps2 version so it will be a fun replay im sure......

[edit] in three months!

hahahax

Banned
RE4 is currently unplayable thanks to Crapcoms inferior PS2 port.

There is no way to play the game with GameCube quality graphics and the extras from the PS2 version.
So wait for an eventual "definite version".

When you play the GC version you will go "ugh fuck I'm missing out on all these extras"

and when playing the PS2 version it's "omg no! It looks so much worse, and the fucking controls?!?! Nooo"

Top Bottom