• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn working on new IP for home console [Update: It's For PS3]

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Third party exclusive

lol ready at dawn, enjoy your bomba.

There's still a place for third party exclusives, believe it or not. Multiplatform doesn't necessarily guarantee more sales, especially if a game is niche to begin with.

There's still a place for third party exclusives, believe it or not. Multiplatform doesn't necessarily guarantee more sales, especially if a game is niche to begin with.

Is this the same place where Agent is ?

Seriously can you name me some big third party exclusives that were successful recently ?

Not that I like this trend, I used to like my systems to have some personnality (ie exlusives), but business wise, except from dumb brand loyalty I don't see any reason to this anymore.

ZoddGutts

Seriously can you name me some big third party exclusives that were successful recently ?

Not that I like this trend, I used to like my systems to have some personnality (ie exlusives), but business wise, except from dumb brand loyalty I don't see any reason to this anymore.

GLRWb.jpg

Like I said on the previous page, it's a matter of options.

None of the major third parties are going to make a serious effort with a new IP at this point in the generation (unless it's from a powerhouse like Rockstar or Bungie), and going with somebody like Namco is sending your game to die. Getting a first party to take your game seriously is probably the best thing you can hope for until the next generation arrives.

if thats still the SCE title then great news.

SCE has enough on the ps3 for the next 2 years its good to know they are finally planning towards the next gen.

Plus having a launch window game on a console would probably be a good move for RAD if they can get some decent marketing out of it.

edit
or are ps3/360 still the next gen consoles? :/

Who s doing GOW VITA then ?

My guess is that they have 2 teams now, their recruiting page is full of positions

http://www.readyatdawn.com/

Looks to me like Sony are investing. That is a lot of positions.

The new IP has gone from PlayStation 3 to 'Next Gen Console' and they are hiring a lot more. Given that they are one of the best PSP developers, its a no brainer for Sony to support them by giving them a Vita project.

My guess would be that Sony's pumping some cash into them and has shifted their once PS3 project to a Vita title, and now they have the funds to build a separate team to start preliminary work on a PS4 game.

We'd really need more info to know what's really going on. Maybe the PS3 game was cancelled entirely and now they're starting something that won't be out for a good 2-3 years.

rdrr gnr

Wow. Ready at Dawn is one of the best known but unknown developers out there. Absolutely ecstatic to see what they can do on a real platform -- too bad it's years and years away.

it looks like, a publisher is heavily investing some projects.
two years ago, there was a news that rad had to can some employees

from there official news blog:
July 14, 2010

Most days we feel privileged to do what we do. Some days not so much. Today just plain sucks.

We’ve spent the majority of our time at RAD hiring the best and most talented people to join our team. Today, we had to let go of 13 of these people because we simply couldn’t keep them on board while one project finishes and another ramps up. Unfortunately, these are the woes of being independent…

It sucks. There are no other words for it.

We wanted to wish the best of luck to those guys and girls who have been a part of our crew. We sincerely hope that you will all land back on your feet real soon.

Top Bottom