• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-life models for in-game characters (RE, Onimusha, Lost Planet, Max Payne, etc.)

DOWN

Banned
Half_Life_2_Character_Models_by_leebyrne.jpg
Terrifying

mclem

A 'kind of' one, since it wasn't official.

8lOOyvB.jpg

DlfEQkd.jpg

The base *texture* for Karl Fairburne in SE1 was - IIRC - a somewhat modified Ben Affleck. Only the texture, here, not the full model.

Unless it was Jude Law, but I *think* we used Affleck in the end. The modifications were heavy, anyway.

Nesther

The only character I felt was suited to his face and benefitted from his image being used. Detain and the Shadow of Mordor lead both look really odd.

The Advance Warfare protag always gave me a huge case of uncanney valley, never liked when they showed him on-screen. Something was off.

Time to go way back....

El Oscuro from the original Rise of the Triad is Commander Keen creator and original id founder Tom Hall:

Erwinek_4f0cf68a4d382.png

OSCURO1.GIF

Antagon

Talking about David Bowie:

253588-omikron-the-nomad-soul-windows-screenshot-boz-the-leader-of.jpg

He really did play a character in Omikron, was the voice actor and did part of the soundtrack too.

Harlequin

Crystal Dynamics used a face scan of Megan Farquhar as a base for Lara Croft in their reboot (they modified it quite a bit, though):

577.jpg

I also think that Rubi Malone's face in WET was based on her voice actress', Eliza Dushku (not sure, though):

wet-rubi-malone.jpg
eliza-dushku-hairstyle_20110323225532.jpg

Parsnip

Gideon Emery as Blackburn and Glenn Morshower as Agent G in Battlefield 3. It's the first game where I saw so many recognizable faces, that I remember anyway.

huvXIKR.jpg
rRWjioh.jpg

gz21B9S.jpg
7mefAOr.jpg

And now Emery is also in CoD AW as Gideon and I find that endlessly amusing.
tumblr_negz0nWOvH1souzuvo1_1280.jpg

It was weird when I was watching Battlestar Galactica and Starkiiller showed up. They did such a good job I instantly recognized him.

leliana-dragon-age.jpg

She looks much different in-game, but the CGI Leliana from one of the Dragon Age trailers was modelled on Alexandra Stein.

Oh wow... I'm going off GAF now to do some... research.

Loxley

I'm pretty sure this wasn't official, but Rockstar clearly based Nico's design on Russian actor Vladmir Mashkov's appearance in the movie Behind Enemy Lines:

6BuYc8W.jpg
NELIaph.jpg

Kinyou

I always thought that Madison Paige's face from Heavy Rain was modeled after Maria Ozawa.
Haha, that's a fun idea but Madison was modeled after Jaqui Ainsley

6igpkx.jpg

I'm pretty sure this wasn't official, but Rockstar clearly based Nico's design on Russian actor Vladmir Mashkov's appearance in the movie Behind Enemy Lines:

6BuYc8W.jpg
NELIaph.jpg
That one is pretty funny because Infinity Ward also clearly took inspiration from the guy's appearance for a character in Modern Warfare

1664127-300px_cod4ulteup74.jpg

So you end up with Nico in a Call of Duty game

Top Bottom