• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reality is now content to parody itself, so Konami announces a Silent Hill slot machine

silent-hill-slot-machine-580x334.jpg

Konami has been responsible for some of the most beloved game series of all time, including the beloved horror classic, Silent Hill. But the company has abandoned much of its traditional gaming history in favour of coin-op amusements, and fans have continually joked that the publisher is now simply a slot machine company.

This week, the company announced Silent Hill: Escape, a “for-wager slot experience.” It looks like this will be just one of multiple Silent Hill themes to go alongside Konami’s new cabinet design, which debuts at the Global Gaming Expo later this month. (That’s gaming in the gambling sense, of course.)

“This cabinet is a striking combination of sleek entertainment, premium packaging, and player comfort, backed by a rich library of original titles,” Konami’s Tom Jingoli says in a press release available via Yahoo Finance. “Everything, including its shape, screens, betting surface, and available merchandising, has been engineered to maximize both player experience and operational results.”

Jingoli says that “this latest cabinet is a first glimpse at great things to come from Konami.”

I’m stretching to come up with a joke here, but there’s no parody that could possibly measure up to reality.

Konami previously built a Silent Hill pachinko-slot machine, as Kotaku reported back in 2015. This one, at least, looks to be built for English-speaking markets. I don’t know if that makes it better or worse.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

SweetShark

They don't even selected one of the well-known Silent Hill games. They made a slot machine out of Silent Hill Downpour.

If it was me I would made a P.T. aka Silent Hills slot machine.
Recipe for gold right here.

But I will be fair here and say if indeed make so much money, I don't see Konami don't continue this path.

Gargus

Banned
Given the opportunity I'd play it a time or two.

For the most part I dont even care about konami. But if they pull off the turbograx 16 mini well I am willing to forgive them for a lot..

Although the silent hill / pt thing still stings quite a bit. I still hold out hope that now that kojima has his own place maybe after death stranding him and del Toro can take their ideas and make their game, just call it something else is all.

xenoriddley

They don't even selected one of the well-known Silent Hill games. They made a slot machine out of Silent Hill Downpour.

If it was me I would made a P.T. aka Silent Hills slot machine.
Recipe for gold right here.

But I will be fair here and say if indeed make so much money, I don't see Konami don't continue this path.
Downpour I feel was better than Homecoming at least. It at least had a decent story that I actually enjoyed, however the monster designs were complete garbage. Homecoming however, while having a story that I couldn't care about in the slightest, had fantastic monster designs that I loved.

Top Bottom