• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reality Pump (Two Worlds, Raven's Cry) DIDN'T Shut Down

Orayn

Eurojank lives on! As per the update just posted on VG247:

Update: Following this morning’s report, TopWare replied to our queries to reassure us that Reality Pump has not, in fact, been closed. According to a representative, Reality Pump is divided into multiple business units, and just one of these has applied for the local equivalent of chapter 11. This has been widely misinterpreted as the entire studio closing.

“We see this more as a restructuring as it happens from time to time,” TopWare told us.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/08/ravens-cry-two-worlds-developer-reality-pump-shuttered-report/

Kind of an odd scenario in that the local site were the ones who wound up jumping to conclusions and getting it wrong.

ironcreed

Banned
Glad to hear it. They makes games that fall into the deeply flawed, but still fun category for me. Hope they can carry on.

Krakn3Dfx

Nice, I was a fan of TWII, haven't heard great things about Raven's Cry tho.

Good to see developers keeping their jobs and making more games tho.

I imagine some people lost their jobs so best wishes to them.

But still, I'm glad RP isn't completely shut down. I want to play Two Worlds III on PS4 some day.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Glad to hear it. They makes games that fall into the deeply flawed, but still fun category for me. Hope they can carry on.
Yeah. I was impressed with what a big improvement TW2 was over the first.
I could see them becoming great if they continue down that path

wrowa

Yeah. I was impressed with what a big improvement TW2 was over the first.
I could see them becoming great if they continue down that path

I got Raven's Cry as a gift.

It's so bad that I just can't imagine that this studio is able to deliver something that resembles a good game again.

Orayn

It's so bad that I just can't imagine that this studio is able to deliver something that resembles a good game again.

They didn't exactly make Raven's Cry, it was more of a Duke Nukem Forever or Garshasp scenario where they got handed a really bad partially finished game and were expected to make it "release-able."

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Weird. TW2 is actually a competent open world RPG. I quite enjoyed it, but yeah Raven's Cry doesn't look very fun

Edit:

They didn't exactly make Raven's Cry, it was more of a Duke Nukem Forever or Garshasp scenario where they got handed a really bad partially finished game and were expected to make it "release-able."

Not so weird then.

Top Bottom