• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really obscure NES and other 8-bit games?

I’m really not sure how obscure it is (maybe not at all) but I don’t know if I’ve ever heard someone mention Pinball Quest but holy shit it rules.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen more games tackle the pinball RPG because how much fun I had back then and even now when I put the cart in a few times a year. Even without my own nostalgia I think it holds up.

I adore this game.

575-5754715_nes-pinball-quest-retail-game-cover-to-fit.png

Last edited:

Sojiro

The phonograph no longer works. I think you broke it. Go to your room.
This game may have clunky menus these days, but holy shit is the writing still on point. I just played this to completion last year for the first time (got far into it as a kid, never beat it), but fuck me a lot of the lines put a smile on my face or made me laugh out loud. You can tell whoever wrote this game, had a fun time with it.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
I'd consider this one pretty obscure. It had decent graphics (Castlevania II-esque), an interesting co-op system, and a great soundtrack.

I've watched some let's plays of this one, and it looks good, but I haven't tried it yet.

I also enjoyed this one. Insane soundtrack and great graphics. Think it was supposed to be a Wolverine game but they didn't get the license.

I don't know if this is obscure, but no one really talks about it, and I enjoyed it as a kid.

Totally forgot much Holy Diver's life bar ripped off Zelda II's. It's kinda jarring now.

Last edited:

GZ!

Lagrange Point is one I've always wanted to check out. I have the fan translated version on my RetroPi.

Anyone here familiar with the Daiva Story games? I only ever played part 5 on MSX2 but really want to give part 6 on the Famicom a whirl.

Interesting about the 6 parts of the game is that it the same story told from a different perpective, while all parts being on a different platform.

This second game you mentioned came out on Switch online just a couple of days ago.

Dorago

1-treasure_large.jpg

Pic related. It had a sweepstakes to be held in 1992. I got the game in 1993. I still held out hope I could get one of the prizes until I tried beating the game and couldn't get past the second level. The only redeeming feature of the game now is the great Tim Follin soundtrack.

Top Bottom