• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me anime please.

mortal

Gold Member
Zillion full episodes on Youtube:

Production IG's first series too. Classic stuff.

in before Bible Black lol

but for real thou, Outlaw Start might fit your taste. same with One Punch Man.

and since you like Ghost In The Shell, you should also check out the GITS: Stand Alone Complex. it's a 2 seasons TV series that have some of the original's elements but expanded on a lot of other things.

you said you don't like Full Metal Alchemist, may I ask which one did you watch? the original or Brotherhood? the original only follows the manga story up to a point and then it just made up a lot of the stuff afterwards. some people like it and some people don't. Brotherhood is the new one that completely follows the manga story and has an ending that make sense plus better graphics, so I would say try it out.

for movies, Red Line is a must for you since it has everything you like, hot girls, fast cars, things going boom, and great art. you ever watch Akira? it still to this day remains a gorgeous piece of film art and I feel that if you had not watch it, you really should.

in terms of more recent animes, a lot of what's popular these days are all isekai stuff (ie the main protagonist got transfer into another, often fantasy setting world) and often rather trashy if I'm honest. but there are some good ones.

GATE, an anime about the Japanese SDF army going into another world that's basically fantasy ancient Rome is kinda fun imo. Saga of Tanya the Evil is also kinda interesting (WWII with magic) and might be your taste. Overlord, That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, The Rising Of The Shield Hero are some of the better ones in the isekai genre too.

Code Geass is a must watch for that WTF alone (thou not everyone likes the art). Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Demon Slayer and My Hero Academia, along with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (some might not like the first season, which covers part 1 & 2's story, but once you're in season 2 which starts part 3, it gets really good) are also pretty good over all. same goes for Gobliy Slayer. The Irregular At Magic High School is kinda trashy in a good way. Log Horizon is the better virtual MMORPG anime, so watch that instead of Sword Art Online if you're into that idea. for some fan service, try Kill La Kill, Highschool Of The Dead, Monster Musume (this one is more of an aquire taste) and Keiko!!!.

pretty much all of the above can be found on Crunchyroll so that's a start.

also this

Chobits is kinda hit or miss depends on the person's taste, I feel.
lol it just dawned on me that your user name is a reference to the anime anthology. Or at least that's what I'm assuming. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Good recommendations as well.

Last edited:

kunonabi

You might want to try some of the newer Lupin III stuff.

The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Jigen's Gravestone
Goemon's Bloodspray
Fujiko Mine's Lie

These are basically they're own little subset of the series.

Michiko & Hatchin was also a great series from a little way back.

Last edited:
Production IG's first series too. Classic stuff.

lol it just dawned on me that your user name is a reference to the anime anthology. Or at least that's what I'm assuming. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Good recommendations as well.

haha, yeah, my name was from that collection. love the OST on that one.

Pejo

The artstyle isn't for everyone, but I recently watched Made in Abyss, and it blew me away. Very mature story despite what you'd expect by looking at it first hand. Also, it has an absolute god tier soundtrack.

Last edited:
The artstyle isn't for everyone, but I recently watched Made in Abyss, and it blew me away. Very mature story despite what you'd expect by looking at it first hand. Also, it has an absolute god tier soundtrack.

I've been meaning to watch it ever since I see that it's on Amazon Prime. really should get around to it one of these days.

Pejo

I've been meaning to watch it ever since I see that it's on Amazon Prime. really should get around to it one of these days.
Yea I can't recommend it enough. There's a limited theatrical release of a sequel movie that was supposed to come out until COVID said "no". I can't wait to see where the story goes from the end of the anime.

It gets pretty damn dark.

Hinedorf

Banned
Do you like action? Do you like adventure? Do you like comedy? Do you like unique characters with interesting backstories? Do you like breathing air? ONE PIECE IS FOR YOU!

one-piece.jpg

(I know you already said you can't stand One Piece but that's just ignorant, TRY HARDER)

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
- Gun Cat Smiths
- Wild 7
- Megazone 23
- Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!
- Dragon's Heaven
- Ex-Driver
- Cyber City Oedo 808
- 801 TTS Airbats

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Riding Bean OVA.
Look at that hand animated car pron...lookatit!

Do it as a Konichi Sonada triple bill with Gunsmith Cats and BUbbleGum Crisis.
Sorted.

Thanks for recommending this one. I forgot to add it and yet I listed Gunsmith Cats
About Gunsmith Cats
why did they only make 3 episodes ?😥

SirTerry-T

Thanks for recommending this one. I forgot to add it and yet I listed Gunsmith Cats
About Gunsmith Cats
why did they only make 3 episodes ?😥
No idea, to be honest but I know that the OVA run was its own thing rather than a straight adaptation of the manga, so maybe that's why?
Either way it gives me an excuse to post it's fantastic OP, right up there with Bebop's in my humble opinion :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom