• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore DE Details Revealed (Reduced Load Times, 2 New Overworlds, 10 Dungeons + More)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i don't have an Xbox. Will need to play it on PC.
Its a xbox play anywhere title so it will work on both when subscribing to game pass. Obviously the other games won't though. Probably best to buy it outright though i guess.

FaintDeftone

It sounds like the following : instead of entering the tower and finding out you need (for example) 20 cores, only to find out on the next level you need 30 cores, then 40 cores, I believe the entry requirement to even enter the tower will just be the greater amount

Well if that's the case then they lost me. Once I hit that point I lost interest. If they would have stopped at 20 cores and kicked in with the DLC content, I would have been really happy.

The "no longer need additional cores" part is what threw me off.

KiraXD

picked up a cheap copy not too long ago... Stoked with this news! Its a fun little game, glad its getting a bit more hefty.

Haines

Banned
Thats a really nice list of improvements.

Whats thhere to gain from devs when they do this stuff for free?

Are people really going to buy this game now? Does the goodwill go that far for there next game?

Seems like a sunken cost.

1upmuffin

Are people really going to buy this game now? Does the goodwill go that far for there next game?

Or maybe they care about their game and want it to be as good as it can be?

blakep267

Wait, does this mean they fixed the monotonous collect-a-thon padding towards the end of the game that made me stop playing?
YEah. You still need the initial minimum to enter the tower but you don't have to keep leaving to get more cores

Well if that's the case then they lost me. Once I hit that point I lost interest. If they would have stopped at 20 cores and kicked in with the DLC content, I would have been really happy.

The "no longer need additional cores" part is what threw me off.
I don't really know if what he's saying is confirmed. You have to play a good amount of the game to get to 20 cores in the first place. I don't think they're going to up that initial amount

I really did good by not continuing my playthrough last year. Lower load times is a game changer for me.

Maybe I shouldn't have bought it day 1 and just buy this version instead. It has a better box art too.

Salty Hippo

Looks like they've addressed everything. Amazing. Good on MS to keep supporting the game but it really should have been delayed and releasing now for the first time. Whoever decided the game was ready a year ago is a lunatic.

This is fantastic for players so does it really matter?

I don't even need the other two. Gimmie ReCore gameplay but Rise of the Tomb Raider type of exploration/world budget. Hopefully we'll get ReCore 2 in like 3 years.

I'll co-sign this. The platforming controls are really tight, I normally despise 3D platforming but I had a blast with the traversal dungeons.

A sequel with a decent budget and enough time to actually finish the game before release could be really good.

Sounds fantastic. I loved ReCore, despite its flaws. There's no excusing Microsoft for releasing it in he shape it was in originally, but I'm very happy to see it wasn't forgotten about. The game is secretly one of this hen's best platformers.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Low price tag and renewed positive word of mouth might lead to some sales. Plus there are going to be a lot of new X1X owners looking to buy games this holiday. Don't know if this will lead to profit but MS may expect it to offset the continued investment.

memoso

Hopefully Recore DE have New reviews like ori and the blind forest. Never finished the game because of the DLC reveal , but from what i played( like 40% ), the game deserve a Lot more than a 6-7.

Whoa that sounds really good. I'll end up picking this up on PC. It was a game I was interested in but the unfinished status put me off.

I'd love if this game has a good enough tail to get a sequel.

Salty Hippo

I think the low price tag and free update for owners is proof that they're not looking to make money on this DE, but rather salvaging the reputation of the IP to maybe make a future sequel viable. Which makes me think, why the fuck isn't this releasing on Steam?

I think the low price tag and free update for owners is proof that they're not looking to make money on this DE, but rather salvaging the reputation of the IP to maybe make a future sequel viable. Which makes me think, why the fuck isn't this releasing on Steam?

Is Microsoft open to putting their titles on Steam?

Ooccoo

Good thing I didn't buy the 'normal' version now that there's a definitive edition. Are developers not understanding that this is harmful for their brand? Stop launching incomplete games. That's simple. The way I see it, they had this planned from the start, just like cut content for Season passes or various DLCs. This industry is in dire need for a real shake-up

Good thing I didn't buy the 'normal' version now that there's a definitive edition. Are developers not understanding that this is harmful for their brand? Stop launching incomplete games. That's simple. The way I see it, they had this planned from the start, just like cut content for Season passes or various DLCs. This industry is in dire need for a real shake-up

No way, the game was obviously unfinished when it launched. There was a space for another companion in the menus, there was obviously a tankbot silhouette in trailers and promo art, you could collect spare parts for a robot that didn't exist in game, there were areas of the world that couldn't be traversed because you didn't have the requisite robot.

These weren't things that were hinted or foreshadowed as coming later down the line, it was stuff that just...wasn't there.

It wasn't planned DLC, it was just rushed so much that they couldn't finish it like when you're 70% of the way through an answer in an exam and you hear "Time's up, please put down your pens"

MoogleMan

Why? The upgrade is free for owners of the base version.

That said, I do agree about games launching incomplete.

Ricker

Glad this game is getting another chance and by the same token,obviously,Joule...I think she is a pretty good new character,maybe not Aloy good,but up there in my book...hoping it does well enough for a sequel.

JaggedSac

They are squeezing all the water from the stone they can. Then they will put on Steam.

RedRum

Banned
Didn't pick this up the first time since it didn't interest me, but it looks like a more robust game from the original. I'll pick it up when the X launches.

I hope this comes to Steam. However, I will still buy it on Windows Store. They definitely seemed to address the core complaints and criticisms. I'm really glad that they didn't give up on the game and that the update is free for existing customers.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Must admit that from the post, im impressed with all the amount of extra work that was put into the game. I have said it before and I'll say it again, Microsoft/Spencer/whoever should have delayed this game from last September to now because just imagine how better received this game would have been (or at least should be based on all the details in the opening post). Would have strengthened the exclusive lineup for 2017 while at the same time, not going through a bad release/launch or get lost in the shuffle of Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 and to a far lesser extent Dead Rising 4. Definitely looking forward to picking this up and giving the game a second chance.

EBE

Everything sounds great. I put off completing the game so I'll jump back in when this hits.

Maybe a dumb question, but are the visual and load improvements limited to X1X or will they make their way to standard consoles?

Sydle

Loved the game despite the flaws and this appears to address all of my issues except being able to carry more than two frames at a time. However, the reduced load times will make going back to the workshop to switch them less of a slog.

I'm looking forward to jumping back in.

BTM

As someone who really enjoyed the game despite its flaws, these improvements are pretty game changing. Gonna have to jump back in when I get an XBX.

Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler

God is real

munroe

If this were true, they wouldn't be giving all of the extra content for free, as it is, they are giving all those that bought the original edition all of the content as a free update

peppers

Basically everything it needed to be a pretty great complete game.
I sure hope this gets new reviews or at least some outlets speaking about this game now.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

If there is a physical versoin of the DE, I will buy it this year.

Top Bottom