• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Bull promotion confirms The Taken King is Destiny’s next expansion

BokehKing

Banned
LMAO!

Yeah, just give me space battles, Bungie. With specific buffs for Vex/Hive/Fallen ships against their respective fleets. You got fucking Warframe clowning you guys in that regard, so get the lead out already.
Don't expect that until destiny 2
This will be more like the rest of the stuff that was cut from the first game

90BWdDf.jpg

The pattern so far from the stuff we know is there's a game release every year with at least two expansions between them, this fallen king could be the name for the next packaged release.

Or it could be something cool and free* for everyone shortly after E3 if redbull already have promotion materials ready to go.

*most likely not free.

GlamFM

Banned
I still think this is not comet, but something they will drop during this summer. Possibly a raid.

SgtCobra

Still loving the fact that people who don't like the game still visit threads related to it just to show others how much they dislike it, the dedication is real.

Can't wait to shoot lasers out of my belly, here's hoping they spice up the enemy designs a bit more, upgrade the vault space and give us more interesting exotics. I'm not worried about the mission designs as those were actuslly pretty good in the HoW DLC.

Still loving the fact that people who don't like the game still visit threads related to it just to show others how much they dislike it, the dedication is real.

yeah people who bought the game and are displeased with it should go into unrelated threads to voice their opinions

BokehKing

Banned
yeah people who bought the game and are displeased with it should go into unrelated threads to voice their opinions
They been displeased for a year almost, visiting the same threads regurgitating the same tired stuff, at the same time, complaining about stuff that's really been fixed.

You know where all that hate comes from? The desire to love the game

SgtCobra

Yep. I can totally understand where they're coming from really, and the game still has a lot of faults but to shit every Destiny related thread with the "LOL grind harder" and "muh content" is not helping at all.

The pattern so far from the stuff we know is there's a game release every year with at least two expansions between them, this fallen king could be the name for the next packaged release.

Or it could be something cool and free* for everyone shortly after E3 if redbull already have promotion materials ready to go.

*most likely not free.

It's not a game release every year. It's one new game every two years, with one major expansion between them.

sjay1994

This better have a patrol for mercury+ more old earth locations

Burning Shine and the european dead zone are the most interesting looking map in PVP.

Also, hopefully a better attempt at a story. Please move beyond someone telling me exposition during the loading screen, and then proceeding to give me more exposition during down time.

BokehKing

Banned
This better have a patrol for mercury+ more old earth locations

Burning Shine and the european dead zone are the most interesting looking map in PVP.

Also, hopefully a better attempt at a story. Please move beyond someone telling me exposition during the loading screen, and then proceeding to give me more exposition during down time.

I have a feeling they have like 3 teams

Team 1 - working on Destiny 2

Team 2 - working on Comet/Taken King

Team 3 - the guys left maintaining Destiny 1

HigXx

EDIT: They could easily add new content to earlier planets (like this place at 0:50 haven't had any love yet), but I would rather they moved onto newer places

You start at Grottos in one of the HoW missions and theres a Queens Bounty to kill some fallen that now hang about exactly where you went

meanspartan

I've recently played a few hours of Destiny, and man, it's such a GORGEOUS and well-playing game. I cringe everytime I see the salt and hate that the game gets on these forums.. it seems undeserved.

I wish it wasn't cross-gen, and that the levels were more open with more diverse vehicles, but the art direction and world building are top notch if you ask me. I hope that Bungie gets another chance (by the community) to prove themselves with a current-gen only Destiny 2.

There's your problem. The game is awesome in the early hours. It's pretty and the shooting feels good, and you still think the story might just be a slow start but could take off into awesomeness pretty soon (it doesn't of course, it just gets more nonexistent). You haven't hit the grindy end game yet.

This is why the game worked so well to sell people on it with the Beta last summer. It samples very well in small early doses.

Top Bottom