• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Trailer

Looks insanely pretty, much better looking than I thought it would be.

That being said that trailer gave away absolutely nothing except for the fact that it seemed to be earlier than RDR.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This bump is because there are rumors out there about a possible Super Bowl ad for this game. Those rumors cite information about a new trailer to be released in early February and others tied to a Target store preorder card for the game with a sell date of February 5th which is coincidentally the same date as the Super Bowl. Today.

Just to show the card.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/red-de...5-target-says-reddit-did-rockstar-plan-581181

Let's hope for a new trailer, possibly showing gameplay.

Tonky

These Superbowl trailer rumors are about as reliable as the rumors for the Sony E3 2016 trailer that got nixed for being "too violent". There have literally been no reports for it and it's all just speculation from that pre-order card. R* did just follow Gameinformer on twitter though, so I do expect a cover reveal this week. No Superbowl trailer though, that just makes no sense.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
These Superbowl trailer rumors are about as reliable as the rumors for the Sony E3 2016 trailer that got nixed for being "too violent". There have literally been no reports for it and it's all just speculation from that pre-order card. R* did just follow Gameinformer on twitter though, so I do expect a cover reveal this week. No Superbowl trailer though, that just makes no sense.

If I remember correctly, there was a Call of Duty trailer during a Super Bowl. Did that make any more sense than this would?
Edit: though , that was in 2013, and it is the same year of the new console launches. So, maybe that. Also, I think retailers start new ads and weeks start on Sundays in the U.S.

Still one of the rumors stated a new trailer for early February and wasn't based on the pre order card.

Spider-Vice

Neo Member
The Super Bowl rumour definitely only happened because those cards had a street date that matched the Super Bowl - today. I think it's more plausible for something to happen this coming week than there being a trailer today at Super Bowl, not to mention a lot of those trailers are revealed beforehand.

The GameInformer thing is definitely weird, because Rockstar already followed GameInformer on Twitter, I believe since they had the GTA V cover reveal back in 2012. Last week they seemingly followed them again (or they never did after all despite having retweeted many things by them in the past?), so let's see what happens. It's also usual for GI to reveal the cover in the first week of the month and we haven't gotten anything yet, so I guess we can hope a little, but not too much to avoid disappointment. ;)

Audioboxer

This bump is because there are rumors out there about a possible Super Bowl ad for this game. Those rumors cite information about a new trailer to be released in early February and others tied to a Target store preorder card for the game with a sell date of February 5th which is coincidentally the same date as the Super Bowl. Today.

Just to show the card.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/red-de...5-target-says-reddit-did-rockstar-plan-581181

There better be because this bump had me excite.

:p

Zedark

lol

SpaceWolf

Banned

Just to show the card.

Fuck

Yoooooooooooooooooooou!!!!!

Should've used the other Red Dead thread where some of this was already posted. My heart skipped seeing this thread cause I thought the rumors turned out to be true.

Just to show the card.

Red Dead Redemption, 2 Gameplay Trailer.

Fuck you man, you got me all excited for nothing.

JJH

Just to show the card.

8AArvt4.gif

makes no sense to spend the insane amount of money you would spend for a superbowl ad spot to advertise something that doesn't even appeal to that demographic

you could make better use of that money tbh

Also I know the hype within gaming circles is huge for Red Dead, but is this even comparable to something like GTA? Which is a very popular game and even people who don't game know it.. red dead isn't as popular as we might think so this makes this rumor even more unreliable (GTA 4 released 2008 sold 23 million units as of 2013, Red Dead released 2010 sold 14 million units, GTA 5 sold 65 million copies last I read)

Just to show the card.

There were better titled threads you could have bumped, or you know, made a new one.

Soured my morning.

Gorillaz

Would this be the first video game commercial to be shown on TV and not the website? Or is it going to be on the web version.

I almost could see them pulling this off but I don't believe it.

-griffy-

Banned
makes no sense to spend the insane amount of money you would spend for a superbowl ad spot to advertise something that doesn't even appeal to that demographic

you could make better use of that money tbh

Also I know the hype within gaming circles is huge for Red Dead, but is this even comparable to something like GTA? Which is a very popular game and even people who don't game know it.. red dead isn't as popular as we might think so this makes this rumor even more unreliable (GTA 4 released 2008 sold 23 million units as of 2013, Red Dead released 2010 sold 14 million units, GTA 5 sold 65 million copies last I read)

The hype can be a fraction of GTA and still be huge and warrant a Super Bowl spot.

Also that was a bad bump of this thread.

Boem

Would this be the first video game commercial to be shown on TV and not the website? Or is it going to be on the web version.

It's not uncommon for big companies to promote big games during the superbowl. Hell, a lot of those crappy cash in mobile games do it, plugging in some big name actors in the commercial to boot.

Rockstar is definitely high enough on the scale to do it.

The hype can be a fraction of GTA and still be huge and warrant a Super Bowl spot.

Also that was a bad bump of this thread.

How? From a marketing, demographic, and financial standpoint that makes no sense

they'd rather spend that advertising money that could impact more people of gaming demographic

-griffy-

Banned
How? From a marketing, demographic, and financial standpoint that makes no sense

they'd rather spend that advertising money that could impact more people of gaming demographic

I'm so confused. RDR sold north of 14 million copies. They can advertise it as the next game from the makers of GTAV. Everyone will be watching the Super Bowl. The exposure is pretty self explanatory.

adj_noun

Oh ho! I cried as I did spy
A thread of red redemption
A trailer, newly minted for
My starry eyed attention

I clicked, I clacked, I clicked again
As the forum loaded
Visions swam of dusty west
Long ago eroded

Burst forth again! What wonders, these
What fresh and new delights?
Alas, it was just a bump
Now we all want to fight :mad:

IF there is a football ad
There may yet be balmy weather
If there's nothing to be found, I fear
We'll break out tar and feathers

I believe it, but they aren't spending that much money for a delay.

This is releasing in the fall, and they're trying to hit the casual audience. Casual audience plus Red dead online = $$$$$$$$$$$$. Take two isn't messing around anymore.

Top Bottom