• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 vs. XCOM 2

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 133 68.2%
  • XCOM 2

Votes: 62 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

dyUKFsJ.jpg

Arkam

RDR2 was a train wreck in so many ways.... but despite that the game was phenomenal!! I spent 50-100 hours in Chapter 3 alone. RDR2 is one of those games where it takes a decent amount of time to get use to the sloppy controls and learning all the stuff they never explain. And yet all that doesn’t matter when you are going to play 100+ more hours after mastering it all.

Rikkori

XCOM 2 is in contention for GOAT. As much as I enjoyed RDR 2's world the writing became retarded especially as Chapter 4 got going and too on-rails for me. On the other hand XCOM 2 nails every single thing you could ask it to do - perfectly, and then cherry on top has a fantastic mod scene to keep it going even longer. :alien:

Last edited:

manfestival

In my heart Xcom 2. It is definitely the more influential. It doesn't have the weight of the Rockstar brand behind it. Though it is it's own kind of juggernaut. I expect RDR2 to win simply because it is more popular. I liked both games

Arachnid

XCOMs chances are slim here since it has a much smaller fanbase and isn't as famous of a game/series.

But that's XCOM baby! It gets my vote.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Xcom is a great game but well, we are talking RDR2.

Even if somehow Xcom survived this round, it would get butchered on the next so...

Shrap

RDR2 as a game was a boring, clunky chore to get through. The story was great as were the characters and setting... but it was still a convoluted clunker.

XCOM 2 is far superior as a game. Which is what really matters in the end.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Missed the vote on this one, but glad RDR2 won. Not sure why, but I couldn't get into XCOM 2. I really enjoyed the first game and spent a ton of time playing it, but I dropped XCOM 2 after around 10 hours.

Top Bottom