• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Re-release Rated in Brazil ... for Switch -_-

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Seems to me an “older game” that can be used as the “Skyrim” or “Doom” of the Switch 2 commercial.

Red Dead 2 would instantly fit the bill.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Not as big as RDR2 but I'm damn curious to see how Borderlands 3 is gonna run on this thing 😮

I feel like it's gonna be somewhere around borderlands 2 performance on the PSVita 😅

BouncyFrag

There are quite a few solid ports out for the switch. RDR2 will be the most formidable challenge to date.

No Man’s Sky got a incredible upgrade recently too. I’ve been playing it and is night and day.

Last edited:

Power Pro

Not as big as RDR2 but I'm damn curious to see how Borderlands 3 is gonna run on this thing 😮

I feel like it's gonna be somewhere around borderlands 2 performance on the PSVita 😅
I've been curious about that also ever since I heard about it. I played the other Borderlands games on Switch, and they run really nice on them. 30 fps, sure, but a solid 30. Hopefully BL3 has been given the same care to perform well on Switch.

Drell

I don't get the logic there. They could've ported GTA V for so long now, and it could've been a nice port considering it's a PS360 game to begin with. And I'm sure it would've been an easy cash grab. RDR2 on the other hand is too much for the switch and it's far more niche than GTA. It's more effort for less revenue.

I don't get the logic there. They could've ported GTA V for so long now, and it could've been a nice port considering it's a PS360 game to begin with. And I'm sure it would've been an easy cash grab. RDR2 on the other hand is too much for the switch and it's far more niche than GTA. It's more effort for less revenue.

They would also have to port over GTA Online and at this point I suspect that the investment would just not be worth it. Rockstar have been very supportive of GTA V over the years, not because of the single player mode but because of the amount of money they make from GTA Online.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I've been curious about that also ever since I heard about it. I played the other Borderlands games on Switch, and they run really nice on them. 30 fps, sure, but a solid 30. Hopefully BL3 has been given the same care to perform well on Switch.
I really hope so too, ill be getting it at full price. Tbh I'll always buy new borderlands new release.

It makes me think about the next Wonderlands. What did you think about it ? I think it was their best game since Borderlands 2, the world design and color palette is incredible!

If you want to compare sales to GTA V then the vast majority of games are niche. RDR2 on its own is far from a niche title. It sold over 55 million copies.

Last edited:

Hip Hop

But pOrTaBiLiTy..

0pDnqRt.jpg
But there are people like me that represent that quote. And I actually don't take it out with me, it's something I do while at home.

I actually enjoy playing on a portable smaller screen and I'd rather have things sacrificed as well for that reason.

Last edited:

Leopold

Just checked the document - Switch was removed.

---

Date of publication in the DOU:
12/09/2018
Content descriptors:Atos Criminosos, Drogas Lícitas, Violência
Platforms:
Playstation 4, XBOX One, Computador (PC)

Robb

Gold Member
I actually enjoy playing on a portable smaller screen and I'd rather have things sacrificed as well for that reason.
I do too. IMO a lot of Switch games look better on the smaller screen.

Really depends on how much they have to sacrifice though, of course.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
what in the how is this portato going to run RDR2 now it will be the second best open world on Switch behind TOTK

I'm wondering if this is actually for Switch 2. If they announce Grand Theft Auto V, IMO that would definitely be a Switch 2 port.
Who knows, I would have never thought The Witcher 3 would get ported to the OG Switch either, so........

Drell

If you want to compare sales to GTA V then the vast majority of games are niche. RDR2 on its own is far from a niche title. It sold over 55 million copies.
It's not niche at all in the absolute but compared to GTA V it is. And since GTA V would be a lot easier to port, this made a lot more sense in my mind. But yeah then someone talked about the online part being expenseive so I guess I understand why.

Top Bottom