• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption coming in 2017 according to Dev

iMax

Why would they call it Redemption 2?

Wouldn't it be "Red Dead Revenge" or something to keep to the theme?

Zophar

There's no way they'd use that title. That's not how Rockstar names its games.

Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Grand Theft Auto V

Mifec

It's the only way I'll be playing it, I'm completely over playing Rockstar games on consoles.

Same thing friendo
DBc5g8E.png

eshwaaz

If true, I'm not crazy about having multiple protagonists again. I never came close to connecting with any of GTA V's playable characters as much as I did with Marston.

Majukun

found the first one kinda boring after a while and never finished it..also some missions basically consisted in traveling from point a to point B and back again,without enemies or obstacles,with only the dialogue between the characters during the thing to provide "entertainment"....so,yeah,not really hyped for a sequel

Huh, what an old (and probably fake) rumor:

DSOgaming article from 2015 said:
Rumor alert everyone. Reddit’s member ‘AnonDN1978‘ – who claims to be a former Rockstar dev – has leaked new information about the rumored sequel to Red Dead Redemption. Before continuing, we strongly suggest taking everything you are about to read with a grain of salt as it has not been confirmed whether this user is indeed a former R* dev.

As AnonDN1978 claimed, the sequel to Red Dead Redemption will be called Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West, will be a prequel to RDR, will be coming to current-gen platforms, and the PC version will arrive one month after the console release.

AnonDN1978 said that the game will take place in the same area as the original game, twelve years before the first original game, and that there will be three playable characters, two of which are from the original game and one will be completely new.

UPDATE:

This rumor is likely false. Reddit’s member ‘AnonDN1978‘ – in order to attract more attention – shared this supposedly leaked information in another sub-reddit using a different title. While AnonDN1978 used “Red Dead Redemption 2 **LEAK**” for the title of his thread in r/leakthreads, he changed it and used “Red Dead 3 **LEAK**” for his thread in r/gaming. This change came after a debate with some of Reddit’s members in r/leakthreads. Therefore, we’re calling this entire ‘leak’ fake.

Ash735

Funny, that's NOT Project Remorse that San Diego were working on, but hey, it's not like a website would just make up rumours to get clicks now!

Rockstar doesn't name like that.
The source doesn't seem to provide much proof, at least none that is shown to us.

I call bullshit.

Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Grand Theft Auto V

Thanks for proving my point? They've never ever done a generic-ass "X of (the) Y" subtitle. Everything is either snappy, like Bully and L.A. Noire, or distinctive, like Red Dead Redemption or Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis.

Lot of thought goes into naming a game, man.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Not a fan of rockstar, hate GTA, couldn't get into the first (well, 2nd after revolver), but I'm in to give this a go. Love the genre so much and it's virtually unrepresented in gaming.

Walpurgis

Banned
Multiple playable characters will be perfect for this. They can make it like The Good, The Bad and The Weird. If they just made a game out of that, it would be even better.

pnutboy

"Legends of the West" sounds generic as fuck. I still think RD3 is coming, but calling BS on this particular rumor

Top Bottom