• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

owlbeak

That PS3 IGN review is the same as the 360.

Do they even do separate reviews? I usually see the same ones on both sites, and when you click on the screenshots they take you to the Xbox 360 reviews screens. :lol

You'll also notice that the screenshots are not "new" they are PR release screenshots from the Xbox 360 version. No effort went into that "review".

Horsebite said:

Do they even do separate reviews? I usually see the same ones on both sites, and when you click on the screenshots they take you to the Xbox 360 reviews screens. :lol
And they make you pay extra for the comparison review. Retarded.

So which version is better anyway? I'll probably go with 360 because I like the controller so much more.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nskinnear said:
Yeah, I'm surprised there's still no review from GameTrailers. I would think a popular site like that would have had their review up hours ago... unless they didn't get the game until very recently.
They just posted their Alan Wake review today.

owlbeak

I'd go for 360 for the better online experience. People are also saying the colors are richer and deeper on 360 (this is true for a lot of multi-plat titles) but who the hell knows.

lherre

Accurate
Horsebite said:

You'll also notice that the screenshots are not "new" they are PR release screenshots from the Xbox 360 version. No effort went into that "review".

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090145p3.html

9,5 - 9 - 9,5 - 10 - 10 ---> 9,8

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1090380p3.html

9,5 - 9,5 - 10 -9,5 -10 ---> 9,7

:lol :lol

Lately the comparisons between games are crazy.

Horsebite said:
I'd go for 360 for the better online experience. People are also saying the colors are richer and deeper on 360 (this is true for a lot of multi-plat titles) but who the hell knows.
well if you want the better running version go 360, but if you want the better MP experience go PS3.

owlbeak

lherre said:

:lol :lol :lol So the same exact, word for word review gets a .1 deduction for it being the PS3 version, huh?

Edit: Ok, so it's not word-for-word but it's main points are the same with a bunch of fluff and filler to make it read like they actually put time into reviewing the PS3 copy, which they just received a few hours ago. :lol

DrBo42

Launch is almost upon us. Many of GAF already have a copy, or are stalking streams like elk. When you saddle up and enter the world of RDR later tonight/tomorrow and you find yourself blood thirsty and itching for a reason to use that six-shooter, just remember this:

"It's a hell of a thing killin' a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's gonna have."

BobTheFork said:
well if you want the better running version go 360, but if you want the better MP experience go PS3.
On what are you basing that, gamespy? Besides, better online experience is always the one where you have more friends, regardless of system.

lherre said:

That doesn't make sense. PS3 has 3 9.5s and 2 10s. The 360 has 2 9.5s, 1 9, and 2 10s and yet scores higher? What?

Horsebite said:
:lol :lol :lol So the same exact, word for word review gets a .1 deduction for it being the PS3 version, huh?

Edit: Ok, so it's not word-for-word but it's main points are the same with a bunch of fluff and filler to make it read like they actually put time into reviewing the PS3 copy, which they just received a few hours ago. :lol

LOL Oh God, I just realized that. Gosh IGN is horrible.

Quincey

Banned
Sethos said:
360 of course. No, this is not to troll but why go for the inferior version? I mean, they both do run fine and look good but the 360 version runs real HD and a higher / steadier framerate overall - I'd say that's pretty important when we're already scraping the bottom at 30 FPS + -

it hasn't been confirmed that the ps3 version runs at sub hd. Stop spreading misinformation junior.

Pezking

Sethos said:
360 of course. No, this is not to troll but why go for the inferior version? I mean, they both do run fine and look good but the 360 version runs real HD

m8jygj.gif

elrechazao said:
On what are you basing that, gamespy? Besides, better online experience is always the one where you have more friends, regardless of system.
lol exactly. I'm basing it on the post I quoted.

Do we know if the ps3 version has the screen shot function working? I'm going to want lot of captures of this.

Just got back from picking up a liter of Old Crow Reserve Whiskey and paying off my copy at GS. Hopefully I can drunk waltz in and out later tonight and be on my way! Time to start getting hammered with my pre-order buddy, you guys enjoy your stream hunting/version comparisons.

Just thought of an awesome Deadwood quote, hope I didn't jinx myself:
"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh at them."

Quincey

Banned
LovingSteam said:
That doesn't make sense. PS3 has 3 9.5s and 2 10s. The 360 has 2 9.5s, 1 9, and 2 10s and yet scores higher? What?

LOL Oh God, I just realized that. Gosh IGN is horrible.

the reviewers are two different people with two different opinions.

MercuryLS

Banned
Sethos said:
Believe me; it does - You wait and see.

Are you just basing that on how RAGE has run on PS3 in the past? Until it's proven to be sub HD no one should be parading that around like it's fact.

Quincey said:
the reviewers are two different people with two different opinions.

And how does that deflect from the fact that the PS3 has 2 10s, and 3 9.5s and yet scores lower? Not to mention that IGN stated they hadn't received the final game just a few hours ago and now they have up a review that most likely would have taken at least an hour or so to write? Come on.

Sethos said:
Believe me; it does - You wait and see.

Do you have the game? If so, pics please.

LovingSteam said:
And how does that deflect from the fact that the PS3 has 2 10s, and 3 9.5s and yet scores lower? Not to mention that IGN stated they hadn't received the final game just a few hours ago and now they have up a review that most likely would have taken at least an hour or so to write? Come on.
IGN man, that's all that really needs to be said.

Johningame

Neo Member
BobTheFork said:
I'm so bored waiting for this that I went out and just bought some real triggers just to give them a shot. I really wanted some gel tab covers for my sticks but I didn't find them and GS, BB, WM, ESP, or BAMF.

I'm getting RDR for my 360 simply due to my preference for the controller but if you're getting it for PS3 I highly recommend Caps4Stix to go with your Real Triggers: http://www.bespoke-solutions.net

Quincey

Banned
LovingSteam said:

Do you have the game? If so, pics please.

Overall he enjoyed the game less. He probably played and finished the 360 version. This particular reviewer probably weighs certain categories more than others. Maybe he is a graphic whore. Who know's? more importantly why does it fucking matter.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
RSTEIN said:
Well, I think old enkeixpress: may be facing the ban hammer unless he provides us some real proof he's with Rockstar.

I hope so. He posted a link to a PS3 stream earlier, I think a R* employee would be the absolute last person to do that. :lol

Top Bottom