• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

CozMick

Banned
Quincey said:
Overall he enjoyed the game less. This is not difficult people.

Yeah, spending 2-3hrs on the PS3 version can really give you an impression on how the whole game will play out.

It's IGN, there is no real reason why they do it, they just do. :lol

Quincey

Banned
LovingSteam said:
How did he enjoy the game less when he only received the game a few hours ago?

He probably played the 360 version and then gave the ps3 a try. Judged the quality of the 360 GAME and then tested the visuals and sound on the ps3. Despite what some of you may think. It is the exact same game on ps3 and 360.

Flib

Thanks to all the NYC peeps in this thread, was finally able to score a copy of this today (along with an impulse buy of Alan Wake :lol). Installing now, hype meter exploding.

CozMick

Banned
zero margin said:
8 pages have been added since I last visited this thread and it's still the same fucking subject.

Most of us don't have the game so we have to find the shittiest subjects to talk about or the hype will die. :D

Tom Penny

edit..

LovingSteam said:
LOL Oh God, I just realized that. Gosh IGN is horrible.

It's fucking IGN. They have actually had games final scores higher than any of the individual scores in any category...Nuff said

Chrange

Banned
Zeliard said:
What's the single best aspect of the game so far?
That it's almost too good. :lol

Personally I like that it's a huge open world, but it doesn't have that 'nothing's happening' feeling that games like Oblivion or even GTA get. You roam the wilderness and you'll find animal attacks, random encounters, bandit hideouts...

I mean you're just stopped on a ridge to watch a sunset that looks amazing and the next thing you know there's a growling and then your horse gets knocked down and you're rolling down the hill with a mountain lion in pursuit.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Ok can someone please take all the KNOW facts from hands-on play and put them in the original post on the front page.

Something like: 360 slightly better framerate and brighter colors
PS3: Exclusive content, etc..

Something so we can stop the 1000 threads of which is better whats the difference..

I'm so confused right now the miss-information and spin is crazy..

Sethos

Banned
Dorfdad said:
Ok can someone please take all the KNOW facts from hands-on play and put them in the original post on the front page.

Something so we can stop the 1000 threads of which is better whats the difference..

The Wii version is running 80p

Chrange said:

Personally I like that it's a huge open world, but it doesn't have that 'nothing's happening' feeling that games like Oblivion or even GTA get. You roam the wilderness and you'll find animal attacks, random encounters, bandit hideouts...

I mean you're just stopped on a ridge to watch a sunset that looks amazing and the next thing you know there's a growling and then your horse gets knocked down and you're rolling down the hill with a mountain lion in pursuit.

Who cares when your screen is tearing and there are jaggies everywhere!11amirite?

doing it right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
PS3 version more than stacks up eh? It seems the 360 runs alittle better BUT we who got GTA4 on PS3 put up with worse. I think everyone wins, as usual.

Gravijah

LiquidMetal14 said:
PS3 version more than stacks up eh? It seems the 360 runs alittle better BUT we who got GTA4 on PS3 put up with worse. I think everyone wins, as usual.

People who enjoy games despite flaws win. And I'll gladly be that kind of person.

Zeliard

Chrange said:

I can already tell that it's going to be a struggle for me to get through the story missions. I have a huge weakness in interesting open-world games when it comes to that. I just veer off path constantly and get distracted by cool things. I never finished the GTA 3 games specifically due to that.

Oblivion, also, I never beat the main quest. Only did like one of those quests, and spent far more hours doing other stuff.

CozMick

Banned
Loudninja said:
People both versions are great get the one you want to play with your friends and call it a day.

Yep, friends list or bust.............

If my posse is rolling on PS3 and I get the 360 version I'm stuck with stupid ass randoms that are in party chat and don't ever speak.

This alone is more important than a few extra frames or pixels.

JetBlackPanda said:
once midnight hits and people start getting there copies.. man the battle stations its going to get nuts in here!

I'll honestly be up all night playing. Grabbing some Mountain Dew and giving Rockstar shwag out at my local Gamestop and hanging with people. Should be pretty fun. Since I played about an hour of single player when I get my copy I'll be heading online immediately. Also for you Social Club guys, don't forget to add your account.

GAF POSSE. TONIGHT.

Snipes424

Dorfdad said:

I just think people WANT this to be another bayonetta situation, but it's not. The version that people need to buy is the version their friends are going to buy. This pixel counting bullshit is about as dumb as it possibly can get.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Some PS3 shots (the feed is 720p but the compression is pretty bad, but heres the link: http://multiplayer.it/video/red-dead-redemption-per-ps3/red-dead-redemption-videorecensione.lo/)

rdr9ps3.jpg

rdr8ps3.jpg

rdr7ps3.jpg

rdr6ps3.jpg

rdr5ps3.jpg

rdr4ps3.jpg

rdr3ps3.jpg

rdr2ps3.jpg

rdr1ps3.jpg

FrankT

red shoe paul said:
I'll honestly be up all night playing. Grabbing some Mountain Dew and giving Rockstar shwag out at my local Gamestop and hanging with people. Should be pretty fun. Since I played about an hour of single player when I get my copy I'll be heading online immediately. Also for you Social Club guys, don't forget to add your account.

Dew, hmm yea good idea.

Doh here come the pixie counters.

BeeDog

chubs, are those caps from the video itself, or true caps? If so, then 540p confirmed? I'd guess they are caps from the videos, since I remember the shots from there... I think.

Loudninja

BeeDog said:
chubs, are those caps from the video itself, or true caps? If so, then 540p confirmed? I'd guess they are caps from the videos, since I remember the shots from there... I think.
From the vid.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BeeDog said:
The video is 1280x720; I resized them myself to 960x540 (and the last few accidentally to 900x506).

The capture and compression were pretty bad in the HD feed; I had to wait for the game to stand still to take anything decent. :p

I'll upload the 1280x720 shots in a bit.

Top Bottom