• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

So now there is a rumor floating around that RDR was banned by the UAE.

I can't help but wonder if that is real or just a Rockstar floated rumor. :lol

Edit: WTF? Stop shitting up this thread you morons. If you are so panicked over which version to buy then just wait a couple days for the news to settle. Stop posting shit.

Quincey

Banned
Aigis said:
I disagree. Look at how much bitching there was over Alan Wake when it was revealed to be (very) subHD.

Very true, but i think most the bitching in here has to do with the supposed superiority of the 360 version.

jett

D-Member
miladesn said:
hey jett. Do you have Media Player Classic? if yes open the video with that and use File->save as, print screen is really bad for taking shots from video.

Video crashed when I tried MPC. I swear the screens look the same to VLC on pause. Forget it anyway. The sub-HDness has been established. Framerate is good throughout the entire video, at least. Much better than another recent open world game, Assassin's Creed 2. It seems to be pretty much locked at 30. That's more important than jaggies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Quincey said:
Very true, but i think most the bitching in here has to do with the supposed superiority of the 360 version.

Actually, it's mostly due to the blatantly incorrect claims based on nothing but speculation.

DeadGzuz

Banned
jett said:
I'm no professional pixel counter, but the obvious jaggies on the dice seem to indicate that is indeed a sub-HD game.

That's not how it works. Edge aliasing from white dice on a black background is inevitable. The question is how big are the steps. 720P no AA would have plenty of "jaggies" with high contrast edges. These images are pretty compressed and are there any great edges to count with, maybe the bucket?

And if it is like the recent GTA4 release, it has selective AA to make things harder.

Pucc said:
From what I saw the PS3 looks like shit ... again.

What-1.gif

Mik2121

We are with this PS3 vs 360 bullshit again?.

God damn I hope some mod comes by and ban every fucking idiot that keeps talking about that shit, or at least make another thread just for that and leave this for actual RDR talk.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
jett said:
Video crashed when I tried MPC. I swear the screens look the same to VLC on pause. Forget it anyway. The sub-HDness has been established. Framerate is good throughout the entire video, at least. Much better than another recent open world game, Assassin's Creed 2. It seems to be pretty much locked at 30. That's more important than jaggies.

jett
Mr. Rational
(Today, 06:29 PM)

nskinnear said:
I'm hoping there's an abdominal snowman in the snowy areas! :p
YES!

FrankT

RbBrdMan said:
jett
Mr. Rational
(Today, 06:29 PM)

:lol

Mik2121 said:

God damn I hope some mod comes by and ban every fucking idiot that keeps talking about that shit, or at least make another thread just for that and leave this for actual RDR talk.

Might as well have someone start it up and move it out of here considering there has been a comparison thread for pretty much most of these big multi releases. Be done with it there.

I've no idea what's to believe in this thread. I'm hearing

- Some people saying the PS3 version is sub-HD
- Some people saying stuff like "Jesus Christ" to these people.....but not actually commenting on whether it's sub-HD or not
- Some people saying the 360 version looks worse than the PS3 version
- People doing 720p captures and then posting pictures from a printscreen of a windowed VLC player.....I'm no pixel counter, but I'm pretty sure that's won't prove anything.

Here's where I'm at: I'm buying the 360 version so I really couldn't care less.

Talk about something else people. It would be awesome if someone could just clarify the situation, post proof, and then this will all be over.

sdornan said:
I'm not even going to go through the list of problems wrong with that pointless comparison picture; I'll let you figure it out yourself.

Speak for yourself this is an irrefutable prove that the 360 is the superior version, 360 has way way more
starts

V_Ben

Banned
Mik2121 said:

Agreed, i'm sick of the never-ending comparisons in every multiplatform thread. The game looks awesome, and sounds even better. Lets get back to that.

CozMick

Banned
Bungieware said:
I've no idea what's to believe in this thread. I'm hearing

Talk about something else people. It would be awesome if someone could just clarify the situation, post proof, and then this will all be over.

I tried to 1 page back but got snubbed in favour of the worst comparison gif I have ever seen. :(

Let's just clear things up:

Red Dead Redemption was banned in the UAE because it is subHD.

Secondly: FML FML it's subHD.

Well... http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o20/Roflmelon24/indexphp.gif

Seriously guys, if you played GTA IV you can play this. If you're that picky about games just go home. If you're that bothered about picking which console to get this for, you're probably in the wrong business altogether.

This game as a whole looks absolutely fantastic.

UFRA said:
This should be bannable.

This thread is being ruined.

It is rapidly looking like this may need to be done. Maybe we should give it a day or two? Hoping once everyone is playing their respective versions and having more fun gun slinging than pixel counting it won't really be as bad.

UFRA

gutterboy44 said:
It is rapidly looking like this may need to be done. Maybe we should give it a day or two? Hoping once everyone is playing their respective versions and having more fun gun slinging than pixel counting it won't really be as bad.

Yeah true, but this is the prime time for this thread. We're all supposed to be getting hyped and excited for tomorrow, showing reviews, pics, videos, etc. not debating with SPECULATION and BULLSHIT.

Teknoman

zero margin said:
Gamestop giving away bonus shit for midnight people? I'm having an inner debate about going since I need to get up early as hell.

Not that I know of. You get the special edition with soundtrack packed in for getting it at Gamestop, and some unlockable stuff already unlocked, but thats about it.

Pucc

Banned
Darkman M said:
What's more funny is he has a Yakuza 3 avatar, i mean i bought the game and loved it but it's definitely not a game for a graphic whore, not to mention the cut content.

Darkman M said:
:lol Did you buy Yakuza 3? If so then you of all people shouldn't tell people what to buy.

Yes, I bought Yakuza3 for 18£, it's a steal at this price. It's a game full of 18£ jaggies, it's a game that will never get 10/10 from your favorite media. Still, it's worth the price.
I'm sure you're enjoying it.
Red Dead Redemption? mid 2010? After GTAIV from the same studio? No thanks.
I'll buy it when it reaches 18£. I hope you understand my point of view.
Sure I'll play it, but for the right price.

Just reading getting a feel for the hype building up is killing me. It sucks when you're not able to experience that "day one" hype with everyone else. I'm fucking bumming. I want to play this with PS3 GAF, start a posse, etc etc. Anyone got an extra copy interested in trade? :p

Hope everyone enjoys it.

Top Bottom