• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

UFRA said:
Yeah true, but this is the prime time for this thread. We're all supposed to be getting hyped and excited for tomorrow, showing reviews, pics, videos, etc. not debating with SPECULATION and BULLSHIT.

My buddy and I are going to go to watch a movie to kill time after work, probably Hot Tub Time Machine, then wait for the midnight release at Best Buy Union Square. The only other time I did a midnight release was GTA IV.

I like the excitement that builds for releases like this. I know I could probably find a place in NYC to cop it early, but it is fun to hang with a buddy getting mad hyped about a game, talk to other people in line about it etc.

I am really looking forward to playing this game. God damn work in the morning! Should have took Tuesday off.

Ahhhh so hyped. Could careless about all this pixel counting review score bitching shit. This game is going to rape the pleasure center of my brain regardless of any of all of that.

Quincey

Banned
I am curious, if it turns out that the ps3 version is in fact subhd, and lower res than the 360, how much would you mark it down if you were reviewing it. Say on a 10 point scale.

FrankT

Quincey said:
I am curious, if it turns out that the ps3 version is in fact subhd, and lower res than the 360, how much would you mark it down if you were reviewing it. Say on a 10 point scale.

Probably something best for the other thread. As any comparison talk really.

Any streams up? Need to burn like 6 hours right. :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Quincey said:
One point per pixel.

Darkman M

Pucc said:
Yes, I bought Yakuza3 for 18£, it's a steal at this price. It's a game full of 18£ jaggies, it's a game that will never get 10/10 from your favorite media. Still, it's worth the price.
I'm sure you're enjoying it.
Red Dead Redemption? mid 2010? After GTAIV from the same studio? No thanks.
I'll buy it when it reaches 18£. I hope you understand my point of view.
Sure I'll play it, but for the right price.

I have no problems with that and i couldn't careless if you buy this game or not, i just don't like the spread of bullshit.

Sanic

I decided i'm gonna pick this up. Not right away though, have two many games to finish atm.

For those who have it, I have a question. Unlike in GTA IV, can you actually see what's going on at night?

sdornan

Quincey said:

You managed to combine pointless console comparison and pointless subcategory review scores into one post. Bravo!

so um i saw that toys r us is giving a 25 dollar gift card with game, so um what makes this game so good? I watched the story mode and stuff and see they are putting fable like stuff in to the gameplay. Which is interesting, but i don't think i can sink 40 hours in to this game like i did in GTA4. So what makes this game so special that's worth the purchase?

wizword

Banned
This is completely bullshit. The conversation of sub hd should be here. Not in another topic. Should we have the Rockstar basically review thread of Rockstar paid off the editors like every other game. And the Red Dead Redemption feature list that really doesn't matter but it is in it so we have to pretend it is awesome topics too?

Zeliard

People saying that GTAIV is from the same people... it's not. Rockstar North makes the GTA games. Rockstar San Diego made RDR. There are a lot of similarities between the two, mainly in the RAGE engine and the mission structure, but they're made by different teams.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Just got done watching some videos of the opening missions. It's much more similar to GTA than I was expecting, but that's not really a bad thing. The atmosphere stands out the most. The world contains an amazing amount of detail and exploring it looks to be a hell of a lot of fun. I probably won't pick this up for a few months, but it looks really good.

Kholdstare

Technosteve said:
Which is interesting, but i don't think i can sink 40 hours in to this game like i did in GTA4. So what makes this game so special that's worth the purchase?

You can skin your horse.

Quincey

Banned
wizword said:
This is completely bullish. The conversation of sub hd should be here. Not in another topic. Should we have the Rockstar basically review thread of Rockstar paid off the editors like every other game. And the Red Dead Redemption feature list that really doesn't matter but it is in it so we have to pretend it is awesome topics too?

What is your problem with separating these threads. Do you enjoy all the bitching in this thread?

FrankT

wizword said:
This is completely bullish. The conversation of sub hd should be here. Not in another topic. Should we have the Rockstar basically review thread of Rockstar paid off the editors like every other game. And the Red Dead Redemption feature list that really doesn't matter but it is in it so we have to pretend it is awesome topics too?

There are comparison threads for many of the big multi games just to keep it out of the official threads. There is a reason for it really. So tonight when half of us are playing we don't have to worry about that crap.

wizword

Banned
Quincey said:
What is your problem with separating these threads. Do you enjoy all the bitching in this thread?
I don't care. I wouldn't want a precedent started where every negative information will be put into other topics.

sdornan

wizword said:

No, it's not bullshit. The conversation of "subHD" is fine if there was actually something factual on which to base this subject of conversation. Otherwise, it's nothing more than speculation.

That said, what do you guyz think Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be like!?!??!?!

Quincey

Banned
sdornan said:
You managed to combine pointless console comparison and pointless subcategory review scores into one post. Bravo!

Most people obviously don't find it pointless when that is the main thing being discussed in this thread. Junior.

Mik2121

wizword said:
No, we shouldn't. We have had already about 10+ pages (because this topic has shown up a few times already) of people discussing this same thing and nobody still knows shit.

And the worst thing is, people actually talking about the game gets ignored because of the flood of omgomgsubHD comments.

FFXIII got that thread too, and I believe this game needs it too.

CozMick

Banned
Any chance of my question being answered now?

Are all multiplayer competitive matches started with the showdown at the beginning?

It's seriously cool as fuck! :D

Gravijah

wizword said:
This is completely bullshit. The conversation of sub hd should be here. Not in another topic. Should we have the Rockstar basically review thread of Rockstar paid off the editors like every other game. And the Red Dead Redemption feature list that really doesn't matter but it is in it so we have to pretend it is awesome topics too?

If you like the bitching so much, go to that thread. I want to talk to people who legitimately enjoy the game, I don't give a shit about technical issues.

wizword said:
I don't care. I wouldn't want a precedent started where every negative information will be put into other topics.

Uh you know, this won't be the first thread to have stuff separated out of it. The precedent was already set.

The Chef

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Red Dead Redemption $59.99

YES

Quincey

Banned
wizword said:

its not negative information being put in another thread, it unsubstantiated ramblings being put in another thread.

Seanspeed

Banned
Zeliard said:
People saying that GTAIV is from the same people... it's not. Rockstar North makes the GTA games. Rockstar San Diego made RDR. There are a lot of similarities between the two, mainly in the RAGE engine and the mission structure, but they're made by different teams.
Indeed. And should be noted that Rockstar San Diego were the ones who initially developed the RAGE engine for this game. I know a lot of you know that, but I'm sure a few reading or posting might not.

NG28

JetBlackPanda said:
is it confirmed that gamestop has the playing cards?
I asked my friend who works at gamestop to grab me one and he said he would try but couldn't make any promises so I'm assuming yes.

Pucc

Banned
Darkman M said:
I have no problems with that and i couldn't careless if you buy this game or not, i just don't like the spread of bullshit.
I'll wait patiently for the bullshitish PS3 pictures.

Loxley

Zeliard said:

Yep, San Diego are the guys who did (well, finished) the first Red Dead, as well as the Midnight Club series. Oh, they also did Rockster's Table Tennis game :D

JBuccCP

Just finished the game, well the story anyway. Lengthwise just under 20 hours with 71% of the game complete. I still have a few stranger missions to wrap up and have only found 1 treasure, that shit is hard. I'm not sure what else there is that would make up the extra 29%, maybe buying all the properties? As for the ending itself I'll wait til some others have finished. I will say make sure you have a non-auto save after the mission, "Spare the Love, Spoil the Child." Just trust me on that one.

Haunted

Gravijah said:
fuck guys did you know this game has a prequel on the ps2 called RED DEAD REVOLVER
:eek: whaaaat? I call bullshit, never heard of such a game
played the Xbawks version

little off topic:

do you guys know if you can transfer a pre-order from one gamestop to another?

I just found out the gamestop by my house is doing a midnight release but the one I pre-ordered by my work is not.

Haunted said:
:eek: whaaaat? I call bullshit, never heard of such a game
played the Xbawks version
2519_v.gif

Darkman M

JBuccCP said:
Just finished the game, well the story anyway. Lengthwise just under 20 hours with 71% of the game complete. I still have a few stranger missions to wrap up and have only found 1 treasure, that shit is hard. I'm not sure what else there is that would make up the extra 29%, maybe buying all the properties? As for the ending itself I'll wait til some others have finished. I will say make sure you have a non-auto save after the mission, "Spare the Love, Spoil the Child." Just trust me on that one.

Side quest,and hunting challenges probably.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
NG28 said:
I asked my friend who works at gamestop to grab me one and he said he would try but couldn't make any promises so I'm assuming yes.
I just called and they are not giving out cards at my Gamestop. Bummer.

Top Bottom