• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Remaster is "Real" and May Release "Imminently", Says Leaker

tusharngf

giphy.gif

Hell YEAH !!

Codeblew

I would probably buy this. I bought the original but didn't get too far into it. Real life took me away from gaming for awhile and I never got back to it. I really enjoyed the RDR2 so I would give it a try again.

KWAB

Banned
Last time I heard Colin leak something was Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in October 2021. We're still waiting. I think this will end up the same way.

Perrott

Gold Member
The slow and methodical approach in the second one made it so much better as far as I'm concerned. I'd love a remake of 1 with the same slow burn that 2 had, it made it so relaxing. No way is this a remake though, can guarantee this will be the gaming equivalent of a rare steak, chop the horns off, wipe its arse and serve it.
Well, the South Korean rating made reference to human dismemberment technology that was first implemented into Rockstar's RAGE engine in RDR2. So that suggests me that the whole RDR is being remade from the ground up on the latest version of the engine, on which they also have 2/3 of the original RDR map completely remade with modern assets and materials due to the inclusion of those areas in the RDR2 map.

Last edited:

killatopak

I’ll finally be able to try the Zombie DLC which will hopefully be included. I heard great things about it but couldn’t buy it then.

Freeman76

Well, the South Korean rating made reference to human dismemberment technology that was first implemented into Rockstar's RAGE engine in RDR2. So that suggests me that the whole RDR is being remade from the ground up on the latest version of the engine, on which they also have 2/3 of the original RDR map completely remade with modern assets and materials due to the inclusion of those areas in the RDR2 map.
I really hope you're right but that seems like a mammoth undertaking to me

tommolb

Why take a risk of doing a new game when you can just update an old one and sell it for big $$$.... everything that is wrong with modern gaming in a nutshell.

MMaRsu

Banned
Why take a risk of doing a new game when you can just update an old one and sell it for big $$$.... everything that is wrong with modern gaming in a nutshell.
I mean they made RDR2 which cost a pretty penny and probably 7-8 years to make. Im sure they could do a RDR3 eventually but perhaps something new after GTA6

Fake

There are only two rinks here, one if they want to remake a game instead of remaster, with would force them to use RDR2 engine and realocate folks working on GTA6 to do the job. The remaster inself don't take risks unless you hire some shit company like they did with GTA remaster to do it.

Perrott

Gold Member
Oh, shut up already. Red Dead Redemption is an incredibly beloved, generation-defining masterpiece of a game that very unfortunately is only accessible through backwards compability on the least popular of all gaming consoles. It really could use a current-gen re-release - including a PC version, which it never had - that serves as a more seamless follow-up to Red Dead Redemption 2 in terms of gameplay, visuals and maybe story as well.

You're getting Grand Theft Auto VI anyway, so quit being a dick about it, because this was on the absolute top of requested projects from the Rockstar community alongside a remake of GTA IV.

After what happened with GTA, why would anyone want this? It’s like people here have the memory of a goldfish.

I played through the PS3 version for the first time last year and it was fantastic. No remake necessary.

Reactions: Isa

kiphalfton

If they gave it to Grove Street Games (i.e. "Monkey Paw Games") to work on, may as well not release anything at all.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

A shame if it's only a remaster (which means not based on RDR2's engine). Doesn't the Series X version already improve graphically over the original?

amigastar

A shame if it's only a remaster (which means not based on RDR2's engine). Doesn't the Series X version already improve graphically over the original?
A remake on the RDR2 Engine would be really something. But probably its not at this degree.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I'm in the same boat as some others here. If it retains the gameplay of the original, I'm in. I couldn't even finish the second one, I just hated the way it played (i.e. the 'cores' system)

YCoCg

Series X runs the game in 4k/2xMSAA/16xAF so really if they want to do this then it's got to at least match that and be 60fps if they want to charge people otherwise what's the point? ...unless they do the Rockstar thing and pull the original from being sold and deactivate copies on peoples consoles.

Perrott

Gold Member
If they gave it to Grove Street Games (i.e. "Monkey Paw Games") to work on, may as well not release anything at all.
I believe Rockstar ended their partnership with Grove Street Games following the GTA Trilogy shitshow. The studio now seems to be a support team in the development of Ark II.

Ebele

agreed with a lot of you. Loved the original. The sequel was beautiful and nice to look at but was a bit of a chore to play. Both games have amazing stories though

Gambit2483

A remaster is cool but imagine this game in the RDR2 engine

That's what I'm hoping for. Maybe not a full on Remake but hell...if they could implement some (not all but enough to impress) of the lighting, texture mapping and physics from RDR2 that would be amazing.

It's probably too much to hope for considering this is "new" Rockstar but hopefully they aren't completely lazy with this one.

Last edited:

Pelao

I'm only interested if it actually runs at 60fps or more. I already have RDR1 in 4K on my Xbox Series X.

chlorate

RDR2 has a combination of “heavy”-feeling animations with a lot of frontswing/startup lag, some guns that take two button presses to fire, and generally lower framerates than other games. These factors combine to give the player the impression their inputs are not registering, which is unpleasant and the game is kind of headache-inducing as a result.

RDR1 feels much smoother.

I got pulled back into RDR2 on PC recently and am about 10 hours in. This game is absolutely incredible on PC. It plays so much better at a higher frame rate and the controls are great.

Definitely do want RDR1 on PC. What a fantastic game that is!

Gambit2483

That's what I'm hoping for. Maybe not a full on Remake but hell...if they could implement some (not all but enough to impress) of the lighting, texture mapping and physics from RDR2 that would be amazing.

It's probably too much to hope for considering this is "new" Rockstar but hopefully they aren't completely lazy with this one.

Pretty sure this was done intentionally. Rockstar has always been obsessed with player movement involving weight and momentum. They don't want their games feeling like a Mario platform where if you gently touch the controller your character will start and stop movement on a dime (relatively). They want your movements to be intentional and with consequences.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I got pulled back into RDR2 on PC recently and am about 10 hours in. This game is absolutely incredible on PC. It plays so much better at a higher frame rate and the controls are great.

Definitely do want RDR1 on PC. What a fantastic game that is!
Some of the QoL mods on the PC are nice as well. Like the "fast skinning" one, as well as toggles to run.

Some of the QoL mods on the PC are nice as well. Like the "fast skinning" one, as well as toggles to run.
Agreed, I got a ‘no vignette’ mod which does so much for every scene. I also downloaded the damage overhaul mod and some euphoria stuff. It really goes that but further to bring the game to life.

Top Bottom