• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Faction: Guerrilla Single-Player Demo Early Access for UK / Europe

Bi50N

Baloonatic said:
Any clues as to when the keys will be sent out? Like, will it be within the next 7 days?

Should be *sometime* next week. We'll make sure anyone who's set an alert or is tracking us gets the first heads-up

Stitch

Gold Member
how publishers handle demos nowadays is retarded. hey you want a demo? sign up here or preorder the full game.

IT'S A FUCKING DEMO! you're advertising your game with it, just release the damn thing to the public. if you don't want to advertise you game then fine, i don't give a fuck about your game.

BeeDog

Stitch said:
how publishers handle demos nowadays is retarded. hey you want a demo? sign up here or preorder the full game.

IT'S A FUCKING DEMO! you're advertising your game with it, just release the damn thing to the public. if you don't want to advertise you game then fine, i don't give a fuck about your game.

:lol So damn true.

Ramenman

Got mine. I'm lucky I didn't check only the french site though.

DodgerSan said:
Yeah, I know it's not factual, but MANY in UK still consider themselves to not be part of europe (specifically the EU).

I thought it was because right now they're available for the UK, but the rest of Europe still has to wait.

I know the giveaway was announced for April 9 on the french site and it didn't happen somehow.

Andvary said:
If you get a demo key for the PS3 you have to claim it with an EU account.

Same for the 360 version. It's clearly written.

Please note, these keys are region-locked to European Xbox LIVE and PSN accounts - they are not valid in North America or any other country outside the EU.

Edit :
Bi50N said:

Wat ? It's happening right now but there's no way to access this page on the site :lol

On the UK THQ site there's a big huge red "PLAY THE DEMO NOW" on the front page, but on the french one there's just now way to access this page if you don't browse NeoGAF.:lol

Gowans

just signed up and got a 360 demo code.

I hate the fact I have to do this but I do. impressions to come later.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Holy shit! This game is incredible!

Its like Lost Planet, but with an insane amount of destructibility. There was a two story building and I placed satchel charges all on the ground floor, then detonated them for the house to crumble inwards, and come crashing down like a house of cards.

Someone please GIF that shit.

S1kkZ

is it possible to activate 16:9 (with black bars) on a 4:3 tv in the final build? the game is fullscreen but a lot of information is missing on the sides of the screen.

besides that, the demo is awesome, love the hammer.

Gowans

man I haven't done the mission yet just been arse'n around blowing stuff up and learning the controls.

WOW the destruction really is impressive! Having so much fun just treating it as a sandbox.

S1kkZ

Gowans007 said:
man I haven't done the mission yet just been arse'n around blowing stuff up and learning the controls.

WOW the destruction really is impressive! Having so much fun just treating it as a sandbox.

me too. i am really impressed so far.

Aaron

Gowans007 said:
Holly shit, I just drove a armoured truck straight through a building!
Next time, plant explosives on it beforehand, leave it inside the building, and blow the whole thing sky high as you casually walk away.

Gowans

The demo is short if you do teh objective but wow, the walker is a BEAST!

You feel so powerful just breaking through the whole camp.

great example of a demo, totally hyped me on a game I wasn't fussed about and now will buy.

Back off to tit around in the level with explosives now.

S1kkZ

Bi50N said:
The demo isn't cleared for release yet in Germany - it's still being age rated. Sorry :(

which is stupid: the game has almost no blood and should get a 16 or 18 rating without a problem. "should", since the killing spree a few weeks ago, the german rating board is a little sensitive...
@NIN90: you got pm.

Thrakier

Hm, don't know...destruction is neat but everything else is a bit meh. What's up with the ultra ugly floor textures? "Sharp" is not always a good choice regarding style. Imagine a bit red sand combined with some nice wind effects instead.

Anyone able to compare 360 and PS3?

Thrakier

OK, the enemies are super dumb and super ugly. Also they are respawning and annoying. Desctrution is the only thing which is good about that game, I guess it's a 75% title.

Dabanton

I'm playing the 360 version, Very impressive demo everything is solid,no tearing that i've noticed controls are very good,smooth as hell as well going from cover to shoot the enemies was cool not many games get that right they either make it too sticky or not sticky enough.

Destruction was a laugh first run through i went straight for the walker,and tore the area a new asshole,second run through messed around with the weapons a bit really like the feel of them meaty but not too overbearing.

Games on my to buy list now.:D

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I hope there is a Godmode cheat in the full game. I'm sick of being shot at. Just wanna blow stuff up.

raYne

ThePeacemaker02 said:
DO you need a UK PSN or XBL account?
Probably to sign up for the site (doesn't take much effort to set one up), but after that, the codes are universal. It DLs just fine on my US Live account.

edit:
I should note that although I signed up with my Euro PSN account, it still asked me what console I wanted the key for. So you're free to choose what you want.

Top Bottom