• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED GODDESS - 2.5D Metroidvania Kickstarter - PC, MAC, LINUX, PS4, PSVita, WiiU

mintylurb

Oh, thought the pc/ps4 versions were coming out simultaneously.
Guess I'll get the ps4 version as ps4 has no games
(I don't have many ps4 games).

yanim

Neo Member
Oh, thought the pc/ps4 versions were coming out simultaneously.
Guess I'll get the ps4 version as ps4 has no games
(I don't have many ps4 games).

can't wait to get my Kickstarter key :D
glad to see one of the projects I've backed turning up!

I will gladly write my impressions here ASAP! I love 2D platformers and "Metroidvanias" ... Good luck guys!!

Amazing your support! Thanks so much!

yanim

Neo Member
Out now on PS4! Get it here: https://goo.gl/Jknhpn EU next week.Details on our site: http://www.redgoddessgame.com TY

playstation-store-red-goddess.png

Oneself

Finally got a chance to play tonight for about an hour. First things first; well done guys, it feels great! Mission accomplished. Really.
Controls are up there with the best of the genre. I'm sorry I don't have much time to write some more detailed impressions but let's at least use the good old "good/bad" type of list.

GOOD:
The controls are pretty much perfect.
It feels great!
It's colorful & stylish.
Graphics are better than expected, lots of tiny details and effects.
Animations are well done.
The music fits perfectly.
The game is fun!! Not too many collectibles, I love it so far.
The village has some kind of Jak&Daxter feel to it that I like.
Combat, while not Guacamelee-deep, is better than most 2D games. Upercuts & air juggling = fun.
Level design... So far so good!
1080p / generally 60fps

BAD
Chromatic aberration: there should be an option to turn it off, or a slider to reduce the effect.
Game chugs when streaming/saving and it can get really bad at times. Frame drops when scrolling vertically.
The jump "uh" sounds can get annoying.
No D-PAD option...
The "Quest update / press pad" promp stays on forever if you don't press the pad... We should at least be able to swipe it off the screen or it just shouldn't stay on screen more than 5 seconds.

There you go, I can't wait to play more, hopefully you guys can patch in a couple of those things because it's quite close to perfection!

yanim

Neo Member
Finally got a chance to play tonight for about an hour. First things first; well done guys, it feels great! Mission accomplished. Really.
Controls are up there with the best of the genre. I'm sorry I don't have much time to write some more detailed impressions but let's at least use the good old "good/bad" type of list.

GOOD:
It feels great!
It's colorful & stylish.
Combat, while not Guacamelee-deep, is better than most 2D games. Upercuts & air juggling = fun.
1080p / generally 60fps

BAD
Chromatic aberration: there should be an option to turn it off, or a slider to reduce the effect.
Game chugs when streaming/saving and it can get really bad at times. Frame drops when scrolling vertically.
No D-PAD option...
The "Quest update / press pad" promp stays on forever if you don't press the pad... We should at least be able to swipe it off the screen or it just shouldn't stay on screen more than 5 seconds.

There you go, I can't wait to play more, hopefully you guys can patch in a couple of those things because it's quite close to perfection!

Thanks to analyze our game and pass with this detail, we are really very grateful, indeed, we are working on a patch to fix some of these problems. We're going to submit to Sony for approval and we hope for the coming week will be ready.

Thank you very much for your support! You made my day! :)

mauaus

GOOD:
It feels great!
It's colorful & stylish.
1080p / generally 60fps

BAD
No D-PAD option...

None of those look like deal breakers, i will give it a shot for sure soon :D

Tizoc

Asking again:
Will Vita be cross-buy or a separate purchase? Cuz if it is crossbuy I'll grab the game soon.

CamHostage

Asking again:
Will Vita be cross-buy or a separate purchase? Cuz if it is crossbuy I'll grab the game soon.

Unfortunately, I don't think Sony's CrossBuy program lets a developer establish ahead of time the release strategy?

Plus, the Vita version is a complete port-over to another engine (UE4 to Unity.) It's a significant job, and unless the development team is heavy into it already, I would not consider a Vita version if you're planning on buying it now and hoping for it to CrossBuy... better to either get it or don't (and maybe consider Remote Play?) and don't even think about the Vita plans until it happens down the line.

yanim

Neo Member
Unfortunately, I don't think Sony's CrossBuy program lets a developer establish ahead of time the release strategy?

Plus, the Vita version is a complete port-over to another engine (UE4 to Unity.) It's a significant job, and unless the development team is heavy into it already, I would not consider a Vita version if you're planning on buying it now and hoping for it to CrossBuy... better to either get it or don't (and maybe consider Remote Play?) and don't even think about the Vita plans until it happens down the line.

I don't know how many projects I've backed I think 4 but yeah seems a long time ago now I dunno if their ever gonna show up at this rate

I really do like the Guacamelee-ish map and village.

We're working in many platforms, we're going to release stragered, PC on October 2015, Wii U and Vita, 1Q2016! Thanks for your comments and your support ;)

aro52

I'll do a version of Oneself's good/bad:

GOOD
World is purdy!
Platforming controls feel good.
Platforming, as a whole, is solid.
Guacamelee-town is a good snipe! ;)
Love the Metroid/Guacamelee abilities to open new paths.

BAD
Major slowdown and full freezes.
The "UHH!" (as Oneself mentioned) is too much; too often. (I'd remove it entirely.)
"QUEST / PRESS PAD" happens too often and stays on screen.
Why is the shop at the top of the village?!
I died A LOT with the intro of the Blue Mask, after no deaths prior. Might just be me, but an annoying mechanic. ("New Ability! Avoid it!" "Wait, what?!")
After passing the Blue Mask intro, I died a lot in the next encounter. Might just be me again, but I felt combat was too slow/clunky to manage fireballs plus multiple melee enemies. (Did I miss a dodge move?)
You could say I'm not feeling the combat. Some of the mechanics are odd. (And I loved Ori and the Blind Forest!) :/

Not giving up! Will play more, and maybe I'll eat my words.

yanim

Neo Member
I'll do a version of Oneself's good/bad:

GOOD
World is purdy!
Platforming controls feel good.
Platforming, as a whole, is solid.
Guacamelee-town is a good snipe! ;)
Love the Metroid/Guacamelee abilities to open new paths.

BAD
Major slowdown and full freezes.
The "UHH!" (as Oneself mentioned) is too much; too often. (I'd remove it entirely.)
"QUEST / PRESS PAD" happens too often and stays on screen.
Why is the shop at the top of the village?!
I died A LOT with the intro of the Blue Mask, after no deaths prior. Might just be me, but an annoying mechanic. ("New Ability! Avoid it!" "Wait, what?!")
After passing the Blue Mask intro, I died a lot in the next encounter. Might just be me again, but I felt combat was too slow/clunky to manage fireballs plus multiple melee enemies. (Did I miss a dodge move?)
You could say I'm not feeling the combat. Some of the mechanics are odd. (And I loved Ori and the Blind Forest!) :/

Not giving up! Will play more, and maybe I'll eat my words.

Hello!

Thanks so much for your comments, Some tips about:

-You can dodge with L2 R2. Dodge is very useful when you have a lot of armoured enemies. You can also dodge in the air. When you dodge you cannot be hitted, so you can also use it against fireballs.
-Don't forget to use the posesion power of Divine, to kill your enemies. Again, very useful against armored enemies
-About technical issues, we're going to submit a patch the next week, improving streaming, We'll update you when it's approval by Sony!

We love to receive your opinion and reactions! So grateful, thanks so much!

Noticed this was up on the UK PSN store as of today. Good for you Yanim! Hope it's a success. I'm interested, but have too much to play right now so I'll wait until I've cleared 2-3 games from my backlog before considering buying this.

Oneself

WOW!

That update is ace! You guys are delivering!!

Improved streaming and frame rate ✔
Quest update promp gone after 5 seconds ✔
Less frequent "uh" sound when jumping ✔
Chromatic aberration reduced or gone ✔

What's next? Control pad support? ;)

yanim

Neo Member
WOW!

:D We've been pretty busy. Of course the most importat improvement is streaming and framerate... We hope you enjoy our title as much we've done making it!

wilflare

now that Armature is trying to get UE4 to work on Vita for Bloodstained - yanim, you may want to consider contacting them to see if they can help (so you can being Red Goddess to Vita without changing engine)?

if I remember correctly. Armature mentioned they would share their know-how if the Kickstarter was successful (and it was... spectuarly)

yanim

Neo Member
now that Armature is trying to get UE4 to work on Vita for Bloodstained - yanim, you may want to consider contacting them to see if they can help (so you can being Red Goddess to Vita without changing engine)?

if I remember correctly. Armature mentioned they would share their know-how if the Kickstarter was successful (and it was... spectuarly)

Hi! Thanks for your message, we've contacted them, not reply yet, we're going to contact again, thanks for your information!! Nice Weekend!

:)

hawk2025

WOW!

Ah, totally missed the patch going up (Rocket League took over all my time).

I'll go back to it over the weekend!

yanim

Neo Member
#screenshotsaturday We've released our title on @PlayStation 4 pls visit your PlayStation store!

Thanks so much

playstation-store-red-goddess.png

9rageandspiderweb-1024x576.jpg

5fliyinginlavaweb-1024x576.jpg

wouwie

I wish developers would still release game demos. I'm interested in the game but there are hardly any reviews out there which means it's difficult to get an overall impression on the quality of the game. In cases like this, a demo can help convince potential buyers in purchasing.

I wish developers would still release game demos. I'm interested in the game but there are hardly any reviews out there which means it's difficult to get an overall impression on the quality of the game. In cases like this, a demo can help convince potential buyers in purchasing.

Demos helps convince me not to buy a lot of games too :p

scitek

Does the gameplay require analog controls? Or what's the reason for not supporting the d-pad?

To be fair, the game has actual analog controls for the character movement, so it's warranted that you use the stick. Options never hurt, though.

BrunoM

Well I don't know how this missed me but just went from page 1 to the last one and love how close they worked with us GAF (players) yanim seems like a kick ass guy..

Def gonna get the game and will be keeping an eye here checking for any new updates and if anything lending a hand ..

Great work on your part Yanim

yanim

Neo Member
To be fair, the game has actual analog controls for the character movement, so it's warranted that you use the stick. Options never hurt, though.

Demos helps convince me not to buy a lot of games too :p

Well I don't know how this missed me but just went from page 1 to the last one and love how close they worked with us GAF (players) yanim seems like a kick ass guy..

Def gonna get the game and will be keeping an eye here checking for any new updates and if anything lending a hand ..

Great work on your part Yanim

Thanks guys for your support! Really we've been working so hard, you can imagine: only 6 people, indie... :) But we really have enjoyed making it!

BrunoM

Well did not go out tonight so a nice calm night in so what I did was...

Buy Red Goddess

So far love the game analog works great would like Dpad control of for nothing else that old school feel

Great work guys !!
Now to find this planets secrets lol

yanim

Neo Member
Well did not go out tonight so a nice calm night in so what I did was...

Buy Red Goddess

So far love the game analog works great would like Dpad control of for nothing else that old school feel

Great work guys !!
Now to find this planets secrets lol

WoW, we're amazed for yor support guys! Thanks so much

and enjoy discovering the secrets of a young goddess!! ;)

Started to play the game on Friday (after I bought it Day1), but after finishing Act II, I'm a little disappointed. The reason is, that there are way to many parts, where you can die by one hit and the game has to load the Save Point every time (which takes 30-60 secondds EVERY TIME!). I'm on my way to the 33 Crystal gate and I'm dying at the same spot every time, because I can't avoid spikes, which kill me instantly. That is really frustrating.

yanim

Neo Member
Started to play the game on Friday (after I bought it Day1), but after finishing Act II, I'm a little disappointed. The reason is, that there are way to many parts, where you can die by one hit and the game has to load the Save Point every time (which takes 30-60 secondds EVERY TIME!). I'm on my way to the 33 Crystal gate and I'm dying at the same spot every time, because I can't avoid spikes, which kill me instantly. That is really frustrating.

Please email us to: info@yanim.net we need that you answer some questions to find the issues. Sorry about! Awainting your reply! Best regards,

Top Bottom