• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dark Necessities + New Album Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is their best album since By The Way, hands down. Josh seems to have found a more comfortable fit, and Anthony isn't doing a bunch of weird shit like raspberries or speaking in tongues. I love this album. Ditching Rick Rubin was a smart decision.

Travo

Its grown on me after listening to it half a dozen times. Its mostly mellow and i wanted more high energy rock outta them but whetevs.

That seems to be their way now, kinda an adult alternative group now. I like the new album but miss the edginess of Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic.

PillarEN

I give up. Chills have reached the post Super Bowl Aerosmith level. Just throw out some shit every 5 years and tour the world several times cause they have the catalog to do so. It's fine. I'm not even mad anymore. I love the guys and always will but I have zero hope for new material going forward.

Fortune faded.

That seems to be their way now, kinda an adult alternative group now. I like the new album but miss the edginess of Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic.
You can't really expect a group of 50+ year olds to be as edgy as they were when they were in their late 20's. It would be quite sad if they even tried.

I give up. Chills have reached the post Super Bowl Aerosmith level. Just throw out some shit every 5 years and tour the world several times cause they have the catalog to do so. It's fine. I'm not even mad anymore. I love the guys and always will but I have zero hope for new material going forward.

Fortune faded.

You rang?

You can't really expect a group of 50+ year olds to be as edgy as they were when they were in their late 20's. It would be quite sad if they even tried.

You rang?

Have you seen them play live lately? They still put as much energy into their shows as most bands half their age do and not to mention they still ROCK their older music. They def dont come off as "old" yet IMO. At least we have a huge catalog of excellent music from them to fall back on.

Schmitty

Have you seen them play live lately? They still put as much energy into their shows as most bands half their age do and not to mention they still ROCK their older music. They def dont come off as "old" yet IMO. At least we have a huge catalog of excellent music from them to fall back on.
Agreed. I still plan to see them live on this tour. The new stuff isn't as good, but I still love getting new stuff from them. They just played Nobody Weird Like Me at one of the recent festivals

Fortune faded.

Good song

Much better showing than I'm With You. Doesn't reach the highs of their early career but personally, I think it's a great listen.

My favorites (besides the first 3 'singles') would be Sick Love, Encore, Feasting on the Flowers, and This Ticonderoga.

Milchjon

For some reason I've been enjoying Dark Necessities a lot over the past few days. Kinda atmospheric and chill and love the harmonies.

Serpico99

Even though the radio overplayed it back in '06, I still think Snow is the last great song. Disappointed with the past 2 albums. Also "Make You Feel Better" is one of the best on that album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom