• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Cheerilee

I think they spent too much time on the Transformers review.

I like how they won't even dignify Transformers by taking it seriously. First they tag-team #3 and try to piece it together in the review, and then they watch all three movies at once (which gives Jay a chance to watch Optimus shoot Sentinel in the fucking face, because he missed that part earlier) as a warm up for this review.

Although this review was a bit of a let down. Nothing wrong with it, just not quite as good as the other two.

And in general, I would prefer it if Mr Plinkett really went to town on these movies, and any other attention from RLM directed towards them would seem to indicate that it's never going to happen.

Ah, I was hoping for another decimation of a Transformers movie.

Glad they agreed with my opinion of Edge Of Tomorrow, though. Probably my favourite movie of the Summer.

jett

D-Member
Ah, I was hoping for another decimation of a Transformers movie.

Glad they agreed with my opinion of Edge Of Tomorrow, though. Probably my favourite movie of the Summer.

There's only so much they can say before they repeat themselves. It's really the same old crap for the fourth time. I thought it was a great review. :p

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i haven't seen the edge of tomorrow, but were they being fair on cruise? it sounded like they were judging his performance based on their preconceived notions of him, pretty much arguing that a dude who looks like tom cruise can't be a coward.

Sanjuro

i haven't seen the edge of tomorrow, but were they being fair on cruise? it sounded like they were judging his performance based on their preconceived notions of him, pretty much arguing that a dude who looks like tom cruise can't be a coward.

Some people just see Cruise like that on the screen now. I enjoyed him him the film, as I think he can command action movies effortlessly and remain entertaining.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That was great, I knew they'd love Edge of Tomorrow. Though it was weird that Jay was trying to find something negative to say just so they'd have talking points, hah.

One of my top 10 movies ever. Man what a great movie.

Fox318

I'm a patreon member guy and they actually sometimes use their warehouse to film commercials for other businesses (they built a set and everything specifically for one shoot). Dunno how common that is but I think that's how they supplement their stuff.

I want to see those commercials.

Rich Evans selling cars and shit

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder why they chose to review this game of all the things out there, because there was no way they would like it. lol

Also what is with that green censored blob next to Rich?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They should try plants vs zombies garden warfare. Might like it more.
Rich hates multiplayer and Jack has like 500 hours into TF2. lol

I don't know if they chose Titanfall because it was relatively new... but like, a follow up conversation about X-com or Dark Souls probably would have been a more entertaining video.

Or hell, just talk about the Mass Effect 3 ending since they teased it at the end of that video anyway.

Pretty clueless stuff. There's a fair amount of depth to the game mechanics that they completely missed. Honestly it looks like they didn't even bother with the tutorial. Not one clip of them wall-running?

The thing about the grunts is factually wrong, they do factor into scoring in the most popular mode, and they're an important resource to farm towards getting your next titan or core ability.

Identifying a Titan's team under its dome shield is a fair enough point, that should be tweaked. Identifying opponents in general is fine, but I wouldn't be opposed to more color coding. It kind of seems like they don't read the minimap as they're playing.

I think Titanfall 2 needs a single player campaign just to familiarize casual players with the game mechanics before they take it online. The tutorial probably isn't enough, it's easily forgotten, these players would benefit from lengthy sustained single-player sections that reinforce the basics and build up to more complex movement. Sections where you just follow an NPC down a parkour route, and later where you have to pull it off yourself, maybe in the good old escape the bomb timer kind of way, later build on that with more options on what path you take, etc...

Anyway... I really need to finish Mass Effect 3 before I get spoiled on it. It's probably a miracle that I've gotten this far with only knowing that people got mad about it, and they made a longer version available as DLC or something.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
14664859835_ba3294b09e_o.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I usually don't enjoy erm..."internet content" with "skits" but those guys at least go out of their way to do stuff and don't just dress up in an old halloween costume, stand around in their living room and then add some Premier lightning effects to a gun or so.

Top Bottom