• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Lobster wants to be a seafood restaurant again, revamps menu to be 85% seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
lobster pizza.
Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

Mortemis

Banned
Good for keeping the biscuits. Theyre basically like Church's, incredible biscuits and mediocre everything else.

Just leave the biscuits. All we want are the damn biscuits.

15% being biscuits

They would burn every Red Lobster to the ground if they fucked with those biscuits.

They should open a biscuit shop.

If they want me to go there, then they should have their biscuits on every page. Fuck their shitty seafood

the fam aint eatin chedda biscuits granddad.

Phew. Biscuits are safe.

Based cheddar bay biscuits.
I fucking love red lobster threads lol

Their cheddar biscuits are not amazing at all. The exaggeration. If they were done with hem, I wouldn't mind. They are entirely whack.

Red Lobster is whack too. How does a seafood restaurant need to reboot to be 85% seafood? Whack....

Xis

You can buy those at the grocery store now. No need to spend money on dinner at Red Lobster.

You can buy the biscuits by themselves from Red Lobster. I swung by after work one time and just got some biscuits, it was like $2 for a bag of them.

Red Comet

Oh, great, more shrimp. Virtually everything on their menu already has shrimp on it, and I'm allergic. Red Lobster is only worthwhile for its biscuits anyway, and now you can buy mix to make those at home.

Hatchtag

Banned
Keep the steak. The steak was fucking amazing and easily the best steak at any chain-restaurant. I'd say it even beats out Texas Roadhouse.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I vaguely remember Red Lobster (and Olive Garden for that matter) being a bit fancier and more upscale but I guess that doesn't push volume especially with the recession that hit in 2008.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I vaguely remember Red Lobster (and Olive Garden for that matter) being a bit fancier and more upscale but I guess that doesn't push volume especially with the recession that hit in 2008.

Was it your first four course meal too?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Awesome news imo. If you're gonna be a chain, you have to do one thing a lot and decently. Need to focus. I am proud to have worked for two Red Lobsters.

And sorry haters but the lobster pizza was indeed good.

iym9qDCMcpkc.gif

Wasn't profitability one of the reasons they started putting non seafood items on the menu?
I remember reading about the kind of cost margins they have to work with as the cost of seafood has gone up over the last ten years.

CrankyJay

Banned
You don't even need a Red Lobster branded mix. Buy the cheapest biscuit mix you can find at the store and then follow one of those online recipes. I made a ton for a buck when I tried it out a few years back.

You need the spice packet that comes on top tho...mixed with the butter, that's what makes a Cheddar Bay biscuit what it is.

rashbeep

Banned
I haven't been to Red Lobster for so long, I can't even remember if it was good or not. That said, I think I just got a huge craving for a lobster dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom