• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad |OT| You're already dead... by friendly fire

Spookie

Apparently the performance is worse in retail than the beta patch that was put out this morning?

Gee wiz, can't wait to hear the excuses now it's out of beta. :/

Varna

Spookie said:
Apparently the performance is worse in retail than the beta patch that was put out this morning?

Gee wiz, can't wait to hear the excuses now it's out of beta. :/

That explains that. Game is running quiet bad. Oh well... More Dead Island until this gets resolved.

K.Sabot

If they had just released the beta to everyone who bought it and then released the rest when ready... that would have been fine by me.

The Steam Achievements are buggy. I just finished the first level of the german campaign and already got the "Complete the full campaign" Achievement.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
kamspy said:
The campaign is better than I expected.

Good to hear. I'm gonna play the campaign before anything else, at least for a few hours, before I jump into the multiplayer. I'm not expecting anything grand but I'm glad the option exists. It should give me a little headstart with the basics.

Uriah

Pisuke1983 said:
The Steam Achievements are buggy. I just finished the first level of the german campaign and already got the "Complete the full campaign" Achievement.

Got that as well. I completed some of the tutorials and I didn't get the achievements either.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh well well it seems my early enthusiasm for this game has totally been shat upon and shoved back into my mouth...

It's one of THOSE games, yessir on of those games where I'll join a server and roughly 10 seconds or so after joining it I'll lose connection to the server but still be on the map on every damn server( you know the one where all players "suddenly" start running into walls and you just let out a big fucking sigh ).... I knew I shouldn't have bought an mp-focused game without trying a demo/beta.

TheExodu5

Banned
Corky said:
Oh well well it seems my early enthusiasm for this game has totally been shat upon and shoved back into my mouth...

It's one of THOSE games, yessir on of those games where I'll join a server and roughly 10 seconds or so after joining it I'll lose connection to the server but still be on the map on every damn server( you know the one where all players "suddenly" start running into walls and you just let out a big fucking sigh ).... I knew I shouldn't have bought an mp-focused game without trying a demo/beta.

I'm sorry you bought this partially off my recommendation. >_<

I haven't had any issues with the beta, though I'm just downloading the release now. A friend of mine played successfully for 2 hours today without any issues.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
TheExodu5 said:
I'm sorry you bought this partially off my recommendation. >_<

I haven't had any issues with the beta, though I'm just downloading the release now. A friend of mine played successfully for 2 hours today without any issues.

Nah man don't be sorry because I have fucking 3rd world broadband while still somehow living in Sweden. This isn't the first time this has happened, now granted brink wasn't a good game but that's another on of these "woops, you can't play sorry for buying" games.

Guess I'll play RO2, sometime 2012 when I'm moving to another place.

kamspy

Snuggler said:
Good to hear. I'm gonna play the campaign before anything else, at least for a few hours, before I jump into the multiplayer. I'm not expecting anything grand but I'm glad the option exists. It should give me a little headstart with the basics.

That's what I'm using it for. It's better than most "regular" FPS campaigns so far. Doesn't feel like bot matches. There's war footage like COD and MoH and everything. It's more fleshed out than what I was expecting. There's no big scripted awesome button sequences, just big battlefields and orders.

But I love being able to play with the guns without being owned by some pro. I'm pretty bad at MP games, and RO2 just emphasized that in the beta.

I put settings at medium and the game hovers around 30 FPS.

I put settings at lowest and the game hovers around 30 FPS.

Oh Well. Back to Space Marine

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
i7 930 @ 3.6, 5870 @ 1300/900, 12GB RAM, Velocirpator HDD, 6mbps connection.

Game runs like total garbage. No matter what I do, I get sub 30fps and 200+ms ping. Very disappointing.

I tried launching the game again and it went into "Performing first time setup..."

wat?

It's also stuck at "installing: pbsvc_hos.exe"

double wat? Isn't that PunkBuster?

EDIT - nvm, there it goes. Still, weird.

BigJiantRobut said:
I tried launching the game again and it went into "Performing first time setup..."

wat?

It's also stuck at "installing: pbsvc_hos.exe"

double wat? Isn't that PunkBuster?

Yeah. I had that too. Eventually the PB setup popped up after I alt-tabbed to the window. What's worse is it tries to install some sort of AMD drivers on my computer.

Phandy

Phanatic8390 said:
I put settings at medium and the game hovers around 30 FPS.

I put settings at lowest and the game hovers around 30 FPS.

Oh Well. Back to Space Marine

So much of this. I hate this is in modern PC games.

OK so I can deal with it when your game might be running a bit shitty. But when I cant change any settings to make it any better? Annoying; Id be happy to lower my settings to get a consistant 50+ fps, but I cant.

Really enjoying the game otherwise. Beta was good, and it does feel a bit better with these patches/release. I just hope they can sought out what appears to be a problem with AMD cards. Because AMD clearly aren't going to fix it.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Corky said:

try this:

- close steam
- extract the two files in this zip into your \Steam\config\ folder. overwrite the files already in there.
- make sure they are now set to read only.
- restart steam.

Card Boy

Banned
Wow i cant even join a game.

This launch is worse than Dead Island/Gran Turismo 5 put together.

It always crashes after this screen
bO0zJ.jpg

It shows the game for like 1 second (all glitched up as if it has no clip on, underneath the map) and then crashes the game and says "ROGame.exe has stopped working"

here are my settings

wTtk0.jpg

Halp!?!

K.Sabot

Changed your settings?

Here let me restart the game for you.

Doesn't restart the game.

I waited a whole 5 minutes.

Card Boy

Banned
DTKT said:
Put everything on low and try.

I won't even try Ultra for now. It seems that TP does't expect you to use them.

Yeah ultra doesn't work, putting it on High made it work. Holy shit Tripwire are pathetic.

The thing is Ultra worked fine in the single player.

Scythian

Had some fun playing the first two missions of the campaign, but can't join any servers, because the page says that there aren't any. Refreshing does nothing.

Nemic77

Corky said:

I had this problem on RO1 and most source games...

Then I followed these steps: Telnet Fix.

Deadbeat

Banned
I snuck up on a german dude and dumped a full mag into him. he turned around and punched me to death.

Is there any way I can still get a refund or am I screwed? Game is still a broken mess.

Relax.MX

Too much bugs and shit in this game(first time to me in RO)...:eek: launch of shame....my money back please...

Not an exaggeration, can not release something they have not completed, I want my money back and Dead Island

I was thinking of buying it day one, but after reading some of the posts i guess I'm just going to wait a little while before buying :/

Card Boy

Banned
I got like 10 kills, 0 deaths in a row on my first match, then the fucken game crashes and i lose my progress. Fuck this game man. The gameplay seems awesome though.

Dennis

Banned
Relax.MX said:
Too much bugs and shit in this game(first time to me in RO)...:eek: launch of shame....my money back please...

Not an exaggeration, can not release something they have not completed, I want my money back and Dead Island

Shawsie64

Banned
Don't get to play till tonight, another 8 hours away.. LOL at the people wanting a refund, go for a walk, play a different game, sleep with your girlfriend and come back when its up to your standards :)

Nothing tops the Cliffs of Dover launch failure and now its a great sim.. patience is a virtue.

Atomski

Sounds like they tried to do to much in the past 2 days and messeed things up worse then the beta. I am sure it will be fixed pretty quick though. :)

I can run Crysis 2, The Witcher 2, and Metro 2033 all maxed at 30+ fps, and this game is having trouble keeping above 30. Serious optimization is needed.

Turn your shadows down from Ultra, that will fix it.

I tweaked mine over two weeks during the beta so I'm gravy, love the game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
disappointing that the games still in a really buggy state. loved the beta and i was actually tempted to support tripwire at launch but guess i'll wait till they sort this out.

Top Bottom