• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Steel Japanese Official Site open (new trailer) .

no new footage. all the game play footage is from the previous trailer. you often see the american guy's hands playing the game. they just got a japanese guy to mime the controls.

Branduil

Well, the guy isn't nearly as dorky as the other one. He does look lost half the time though.

I wonder how this will do in Japan. Will a new control scheme increase Japanese interest in FPS games at all? They do like lightgun games. Will a Japanese-themed game annoy them or will they be interested in a foreign take on their Yakuza culture?

Burnst said:
It's the next Brain Age for Japan..

Why ? Because the game takes place in Japan ? Probably not for this reason...

plagiarize said:
no new footage. all the game play footage is from the previous trailer. you often see the american guy's hands playing the game. they just got a japanese guy to mime the controls.

I have never seen this footage before, I though this was entirely new.

Burnst

Stormbringer said:
Why ? Because the game takes place in Japan ? I don't think so...
I kid, I kid.. Obviously this won't be a seller in Japan..

plagiarize said:
Does anybody know what the guy says in the end?

'Sword Training, in just 10 minutes a day.' ?

Amir0x

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Seeing as it has a Japanese guy in the trailer, GAF response will be much more favourable.

live-crickets-for-sale.jpg

Branduil

TheGreatDave said:
Seeing as it doesn't have that dorky French guy eating sushi in the trailer, GAF response will still be the same because everyone's already made up their mind on this game before they've even played it.

Fixed.

ShinNL

I saw:

1. The same footage
2. The Japanese way of "having a lot of fun" ... I believe this is called being "hyper" there.
3. Lots of edits
4. A worse trailer overall

I liked the original trailer better, the one that lacked the disclaimer "Real-life sushi not included".

Personally, I'm not particularly bothered by this type of game trailer the Wii introduced. Yes, the player/actor look pretty dorky sometimes, but this don't keep me to appreciate the game footage within the trailer and the trailer overall. This is only my opinion...

Top Bottom