• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit Anaconda dev kit (Dante) leak.

CyberPanda

Banned

DANTE ( XDK )

CPU: Custom AMD Zen 2 8C/16T @ 3.2GHz
GPU: Custom AMD Navi @ 1475MHz
MEMORY: 48GB GDDR6 @ 672GB/s
STORAGE: SSD 4TB NVMe @ 3GB/s

- 2x more memory and 2x faster bandwidth than XBX.
- Navi has 64 CUs with same tflops as GCN that would mean almost exactly 12 Tflops (~12.095), again 2x more than XBX GPU.

This is definitely going to be $499.

Fake

Is Navi supposed to be Sony x AMD exclusive for ps5 hardware?
edit: statham from resetera? I remember this guy being a hardly microsoft fanboy.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

DANTE ( XDK )

- Navi has 64 CUs with same tflops as GCN that would mean almost exactly 12 Tflops (~12.095), again 2x more than XBX GPU.

Sounds like Sony is definitely retreading old ground. Recent issues with anti-consumer actions and now a very pricy console for their launch... interesting to see how this turns out. If Microsoft can bring the goods for launch titles and produce a platform that is as powerful, or slightly less for cheaper - I can see gamers making another move like we saw with the last gen systems.

Eitherway, excited to see how the new systems will be used for game development. Games already look amazing as is.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
edit: statham from resetera? I remember this guy being a hardly microsoft fanboy.
The source is from Era’s thread of discussion of next gen platforms. Someone caught the leak before the Reddit thread was deleted.

Bryank75

Banned
Sony retail unit won't have ssd or that much memory, I bet it will come in close to 400 euro. Unless there are 2 specs....

sony can't make any amd hardware exclusive. that will never happen lol

Sony paid IBM to make cell processor. and Microsoft swooped in and took half of he cell CPU (PPU) to design their CPU. there is nothing stopping amd from making more money by giving it to MS.

CyberPanda

Banned
sony can't make any amd hardware exclusive. that will never happen lol

Sony paid IBM to make cell processor. and Microsoft swooped in and took half of he cell CPU (PPU) to design their CPU. there is nothing stopping amd from making more money by giving it to MS.
Yep. Both companies sign contracts and make slight modifications here and there. Then AMD laughs all the way to the bank.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
It’s a dev kit. They always have more RAM than consumer hardware.

Yes. I am aware. But 48 gigabytes is science fiction. Dev kits are made on a budget like everything else. 48 gigabytes are massive overkill for literally everything.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Is this the X equivalent? Then I guess high specs should be expected right?

The normal version may have 1tb SSD and less ram.

Codes 208

The 12tflop I can see, but ram and storage seems excessively high (even for a dev kit)
I’m guessing final specs will be around 16-20gb ram with a 2tb hdd (I seriously doubt they’ll opt for the significantly more expensive SSD)

If it was 4chan, I might've believed it. Reddit? Very skeptical. Probably a controlled leak if so. Perhaps trying to stir up interest and hype.

ANIMAL1975

Sounds like Sony is definitely retreading old ground. Recent issues with anti-consumer actions and now a very pricy console for their launch... interesting to see how this turns out. If Microsoft can bring the goods for launch titles and produce a platform that is as powerful, or slightly less for cheaper - I can see gamers making another move like we saw with the last gen systems.

Eitherway, excited to see how the new systems will be used for game development. Games already look amazing as is.
Anaconda is next Xbox codename?

The only part I find interesting here is the clockspeed of the Navi GPU. If consoles have a 1475mhz Navi, desktop Navi will be 1600-1800 clockspeed.

But this might just be made up.

Dontero

Banned
This ram size if True is for DK only, expect 24GB for console.

Wrong assumption.
When you dev game you usually put not optimized assets into game that don't have LOD etc. And those are ram wise very expensive.
Devkits usually costs thousands of $ rather than 499$ so it would be logical argument to give them extra omph for such money to ease dev life.

You shouldn't look at standards when you talk about dev kits.

The only part I find interesting here is the clockspeed of the Navi GPU. If consoles have a 1475mhz Navi, desktop Navi will be 1600-1800 clockspeed.

But this might just be made up.

Not really interesting if you consider that it should be at 7nm. Even Vega56 would run at such frequency on 7nm.
The intersting part here is that apperently Navi seems to be just another GCN because if it was different design then those clocks wouldn't make much sense as usually new architecture is clocked lower rather than higher.

Last edited:

mejin

DANTE ( XDK )

only if they are up for a big loss for each hardware sold.

ANIMAL1975

Yes this is the X equivalent.

This explains the code names.

Yes i know, the poster i was quoting said this, "Sounds like Sony is definitely retreading old ground. Recent issues with anti-consumer actions and now a very pricy console for their launch"... 😎

TeamGhobad

Banned
kinda confirms that nexbox is still using vega while sony is using navi.

navi was suppose to break the 64 cu arch.

also this system is gonna run very HOT. vapour chamber and super fans will be included. loud system.

also the most important piece of info is missing the memory bus. i say fake.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
kinda confirms
Can't say I'm seeing anything being confirmed except.
MisterxMedia + Statham + deleted Reddit no one probably saw + stats thrown around + 48Gb + bandwidth that doesn't make any sense.
The whole thing reads as a quick and dirty that no one would be this stupid and call them self an engineer and that's just me saying it as a phleb.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
24GB GDDR6 would be great, other specs sounds right, I can't believe it entirely as 24GB is the upper limit and going to cost more than the CPU+GPU combined.

Count me out, at least for the first couple of years or there's a cheaper version. IMO consoles need to be somewhat cheap in comparison to PC.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
48gb for a dev kit is a stupid dream. Come on people I know you're all excited, but that's not how it works lol.

llien

Random dude on twitter referencing random dude on some forum, that is MENTIONING BUT NOT LINKING some random info on reddit.

Am I reading it right?
Sounds legit.

I mean, 4Tb SSD, 48Gb RAM, very realistic.

Last edited:

McHuj

This isn't that unreasonable especially for a devkit.

For the CPU everyone expects a 8-core Ryzen
For the GPU, we don't know what CU count, but the clock seems ok given that it will be 7nm.

The RAM BW is what a APU with an 8-core CPU and a GPU with 10TF would need. It implies a 384-bit bus with 14-Gbps GDDR6 chips not unreasonable given X1X has a similar setup but with GDDR5.

The 48GB won't be in the retail console, but 24GB seems reasonable. I expect SSD's across the board in nextgen consoles. SSD's will have the biggest impact on the user experience and devs need to be able to design with an SSD as the baseline in mind.

These specs only imply a ~2X boost in teraflops, 2X boost in RAM, a substantial boost in CPU and drive speed. Not that far fetched.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Can't say I'm seeing anything being confirmed except.
MisterxMedia + Statham + deleted Reddit no one probably saw + stats thrown around + 48Gb + bandwidth that doesn't make any sense.
The whole thing reads as a quick and dirty that no one would be this stupid and call them self an engineer and that's just me saying it as a phleb.

yep 24gb gddr6 would have higher bandwidth.

Random dude on twitter referencing random dude on some forum, that is MENTIONING BUT NOT LINKING some random info on reddit.

Am I reading it right?
Sounds legit.

I mean, 4Tb SSD, 48Gb RAM, very realistic.
Yeah I am wondering... who is the source for this? Is it reddit or reset

ethomaz

Banned
48GB GDDR6 already made the leak FAKE!!!
4TB SSD... FAKE FAKE!!!

Or maybe they are aiming to $2000 machine lol

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Yeah I am wondering... who is the source for this? Is it reddit or reset
Don't remember when Statham saw it on Reddit but it appeared on the forums of MisterxMedia 2 days ago, didn't bother checking further.
I mean even if Microsoft has a lot of money and they value the Xbox brand you'd still probably see maybe 32Gb at best for a dev-kit.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Considering devkits usually have double the memory, so the retail unit would have 24 GB.

The user who cites this has no known history of verified leaks, nor Statham.

The only thing that is remotely interesting is how this leak is in line with prior leaks that were also fake. So in other words: It still does not mean anything, but given how many fake leaks report similar specs, that might mean something.

Don't remember when Statham saw it on Reddit but it appeared on the forums of MisterxMedia 2 days ago, didn't bother checking further.
I mean even if Microsoft has a lot of money and they value the Xbox brand you'd still probably see maybe 32Gb at best for a dev-kit.
If that is going to be the source then we should forfeit all leaks until someone with some history of crediblity comes along.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Wrong assumption.
When you dev game you usually put not optimized assets into game that don't have LOD etc. And those are ram wise very expensive.
Devkits usually costs thousands of $ rather than 499$ so it would be logical argument to give them extra omph for such money to ease dev life.

Yeah I was talking about DK, they used to have even 2x the RAM of retail units.

CPU and GPU sounds legit in this rumor but RAM amount and SSD size sounds like fanboy wet dreams.

Shin

Banned
Considering devkits usually have double the memory, so the retail unit would have 24 GB.
The other thing that bothers me is the CPU clock speed, 3.2 would be the expectation of where Zen2 on a retail model without any OC.
So for the dev-kit to be equal to a retail model in speed doesn't even make sense as there should be some extra power there seeing as it's a dev-kit.
All in all, we'll maybe get a better idea in 2 months - E3.

After looking into the Scorpio Dev Kit, this is starting to seem more realistic. I just couldn't imagine 24GB of DDR6 in a console. It's absurd.

that would be amazing.

so if we compared this to the current xbox onx x dev kit at 24GB of DDR6, which meant the retail console eventually had half that (12) that would mean next gen will have 24GB DDR6 in retail consoles.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
After looking into the Scorpio Dev Kit, this is starting to seem more realistic. I just couldn't imagine 24GB of DDR6 in a console. It's absurd.
I suppose, they didn't spare anything on Scorpio and I so fucking love that they didn't or that's how they want to tackle design moving forward.

Quick search about Scorpio's dev-kit:
Internally, the dev kit contains more horsepower than what future Scorpio owners will have with their own copy of the console. It contains four more compute units, an additional 12GB of GDDR5 memory (for a total of 24GB of RAM), and an extra 1TB SSD. Compare that to the specs of the retail version of Scorpio, which has only 12GB of GDDR5 RAM and a 1TB drive. Gammill mentioned that the extra hardware within the dev kit allows developers to improve their development iteration time, which allows them to quickly go through the process of debugging a specific build of the game, transferring it to the dev kit, and then testing it for further errors.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
These specs only imply a ~2X boost in teraflops, 2X boost in RAM, a substantial boost in CPU and drive speed. Not that far fetched.

Can we PLEASE stop comparing the next Xbox to the Xbox One X?!?! You guys are acting as if we've ever seen a game built for the X. We haven't. And with that in mind, these numbers look good and believable.

It's for future proofing. They are making a console to last 5+ years, not 2 years.

Last edited:

Shifty

MS after the XBO generation:

GrandiosePowerfulGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

Real talk though, until we see confirmation or a hardware announcement this is going to result in nothing more than console war rabbling.

Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.

Last edited:
Can we PLEASE stop comparing the next Xbox to the Xbox One X?!?! You guys are acting as if we've ever seen a game built for the X. We haven't. And with that in mind, these numbers look good and believable.

It's for future proofing. They are making a console to last 5+ years, not 2 years.
True, but this same company put 8GB of DDR3 in a console. So.

I don't think Phil would do that shit, I'm just saying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom