• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit can be annoying sometimes

Porcile

If the sub isn't full of 13 year olds then it's full of of complete bullshitters usually with multiple axes to grind on top of that. It has the appearance of being useful but is probably the least useful place to get information because literally everyone on there makes up stuff with impunity.

I used to read some of the living abroad subreddits and you could be sure that whenever someone asked something about making friends in the country or learning the local language 90% of the replies would just be something to effect of, "I have dozens of friends already, and I speak the language better than the locals. You suck."

In the end I just stopped reading because it made no sense that these people would even have time to be on Reddit in the first place if they were telling the truth.

rkofan87

Gold Member
just watch reddit youtube vids and you will see how bad reddit is most of the time.

Last edited:

Drew1440

I use it frequently but have never posted ther, always just use it for search results.
Although as someone else mentioned, Chatgpt and Bing chat are much more better at getting information.

This pretty much sums it up, most of the good subreddits went completely polical.

Last edited:

murmulis

It all went downhill after they banned WatchPeopleDie. I don't know why PoliticalCompassMemes still exists on a site like that.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Yesterday on r/news there was a topic "Freedom of Speech in America is Under Attack". I posted a comment and literally all it said was "it's under attack on Reddit too". I got instantly permabanned from the sub, thus proving my point.
Then the next day I tried to message the mods asking why I had been permabanned and if it could be overturned, then they banned me from being able to message the mods for 28 days lol (I didn't even know this was possible).
Reddit has lots of amazing info but the moderation is horrible.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I use it frequently but have never posted ther, always just use it for search results.
Although as someone else mentioned, Chatgpt and Bing chat are much more better at getting information.

This pretty much sums it up, most of the good subreddits went completely polical.

The relevant part starts around 14:00.

CGNoire

The example makes me think of this
vuJn7Qs.png
Those -4,394 downvotes for an actual answer got me. 😆

I'm tired of the woke crap myself. It's certainly running rampant in the entertainment industry. Casting a 7 foot tall Sambo to play somebody who was a white honky asshole in the source material to begin with, thinking it doesn't matter. 👾

If I wanted a middle Eastern no-name actor for the part, I would hire a middle Eastern no-name actor to begin with. Uh! 😫

Reddit is ugly anyway. The forum doesn't look properly threaded. It's more reminiscent of Facebook's posting method.

SaintALia

hive minded and very liberal leaning
I think humanity is general is hive minded and liberal leaning tbh. Mostly anyway, most people will be liberal leaning until it comes to certain things, when they will swing conservative, like crime is always a good example or certain religious matters.

Not sure why people bring up woke/liberal etc, there are a bunch of conservative voices on there as well. People just park into their safe space bubbles on that thing.

But yeah as BadBurger says, it depends entirely on the subreddit. Like forums of old, the amount of shit you have to wade through will depend on how that forum is run and what it is about and the crowd it attracts. It's not like you can go on /b/ and expect a good and reasonable discussion about race, gender issues and politics.

Most forums are dead though, so apart from AI help, you may have to go through Reddit for certain things.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Find better subreddits, honestly. I think Reddit is a great place for information, news, memes and nsfw content.

A lot of subreddits are actually great with a lot of helpful people.

Stay away from the big subs with a power mod attached and you’ll find Reddit is a decent website.

Stay away from the big subs with a power mod attached and you’ll find Reddit is a decent website.
It’s fundamentally bad because it rewards groupthink. No group of critically thinking people can have a discussion that prospers in such an environment. As such, there is no such thing as a good subreddit. It is impossible.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It’s fundamentally bad because it rewards groupthink. No group of critically thinking people can have a discussion that prospers in such an environment. As such, there is no such thing as a good subreddit. It is impossible.

You seem to think that people strategize everything they post with the goal of maximizing karma and the truth is, they don’t. It’s as silly as saying neogaf is a groupthink trap because you can react to posts.

The big subs are not very interesting because anything below the line gets buried but in smaller subs post visibility is higher and independent of karma.

kondorBonk

I enjoy it. Knowing to filter by good subreddits certainly makes it a better experience. If your town/city is big enough to have a subreddit that's usually just locals being helpful in a super accessible format. And the voting system helps put trolls/morons in their place without having to engage.

LordOfChaos

The whole internet is mostly like this

My biggest pet peeve is when you draw one specific comparison between two things, some people don't seem to understand you're not saying they're the exact same thing in literally every regard, just drawing one comparison. Like you said OP it makes me read over what I said again to check if I'm being unclear, but they're either being difficult or are stupid.

DosGamer

Reddit is a great place to ask questions to difficult questions and while you do get your typical BS answers you also get some good information as well.
I love to browse it and just see what people are saying.
I absolutely love the Roast Me subreddit... shit has me rolling with how clever people can be with insults.

Having said all that, it seems to be the best place to find Only Fans members because every time I turn around I have a new follower.

Reddit sucks.
AdultWork sucks.
Twitter sucks.
Facebook sucks.
YouTube sucks.

OK. YouTube doesn't always suck.

Even Wikipedia sucks, for it's pointless to attempt to chime in on there. Every minute, you're auto-reverted because some dickhead moderator assumed you were spamming. Or posting "original research" on a page, or whatever other dumb excuse they have to come up with for undoing your shit.

Once something online becomes mainstream, just forget it. People suck it dry like a leech thereafter. It's why every good site you have ever known eventually goes to pot.

Has anybody ever posted on a similar gaming forum to NeoGAF, known as JoyFreak? Every reply on there looks like it was composed by a bot, quite frankly. I know that the owner "Aries" has had to ban quite a few bots and trolls on that forum, but every response I receive just looks so generic, that I really am starting to wonder if it's a news site just full of robots trying to pass themselves off as real users. 🤤

It looks suspiciously like ResetEra and NeoGAF, too. Maybe there's a reason for that. 🤔

I have over 1000 posts to my name on there. Unfortunately, the forum had dipped in activity considerably over the last few years. So I seldomly contribute any longer.

Top Bottom