• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit Rumor: A list of what's planned to be in the next FFXV updates

CLBridges

This generation's equivalent of FF13 trilogy all in one game. I'm not mad though. There's a lot that can be added to this game and expanded on. I'll come back to it in a year or so.

ZeoVGM

Banned
This generation's equivalent of FF13 trilogy all in one game. I'm not mad though. There's a lot that can be added to this game and expanded on. I'll come back to it in a year or so.

Because it's going to have DLC and updates for a year after it released, which is actually the new normal for AAA video games?

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I overall enjoyed XV but I wish they would just leave it be and move on to something else. Expanding this game is the LEAST interesting thing they could possibly be doing. What about developing new IPs or resurrecting old ones?

Hard to believe that, in their prime, Square was releasing a new mainline Final Fantasy game every 1-2 years, interspersed with a few other top tier JRPGs in between.

It's staggering to think of the opportunity cost of getting XV out the door and then creating all this DLC after launch :(

valkyre

Excuse the offtopic but has the team commented on fixing the pro framerates after the recent mess they introduced with the latest patch?

CLBridges

Because it's going to have DLC and updates for a year after it released, which is actually the new normal for AAA video games?

Nah, just speculating that this will be the only mainline FF released this Gen. But, instead of FFXV-2/3, they'll just continue updating the base game. Kinda like Destiny.

Gbraga

Eh, not really interested, to be honest.

I don't mind that they want to update the game, but I'm staying with the base game. I'll wait for the PC version to play the DLCs.

Toth

Could people stop doing this?

The two are not related. Working on XV DLC does not impact XVI. It will be done by a different team.

... What L did they take? Was it the positive reviews or the good sales?

I was wondering that myself. The game sold/ shipped over 6 million copies and received fairly good reviews. I guess people get upset when developers take time to add in new features/ scenes to games that fans are requesting.... Hey, just like with Witcher 3!

Another FFXV thread filled with pointless shitposting and hyperbole? And people still trying to push the narrative that the game wasn't a critical and commercial success?

Anyway, hope all this is true, aside from those absurd bestiary requirements.

Another FFXV thread filled with pointless shitposting and hyperbole? And people still trying to push the narrative that the game wasn't a critical and commercial success?

Anyway, hope all this is true, aside from those absurd bestiary requirements.

The people who pretend the game is a failure are ridiculous. If you solely consume gaming opinions in a GAF bubble then sure. Can't say I've seen many negative negative takes on the game outside of GAF or cesspools like Gamefaqs. The game is fine, not great by ANY stretch of the imagination, just fine. It has issues but it isn't the rotting failure people make it out to be.

The people who pretend the game is a failure are ridiculous. If you solely consume gaming opinions in a GAF bubble then sure. Can't say I've seen many negative negative takes on the game outside of GAF or cesspools like Gamefaqs. The game is fine, not great by ANY stretch of the imagination, just fine. It has issues but it isn't the rotting failure people make it out to be.

I'm really agreeing with you here, and people here are entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean they should believe anything they see, especially coming from someone who has no sources whatsoever.

Shoeless

I'm personally okay with this. I usually play a game once for the story, then put it aside to return to at a later date for a platinum trophy or "perfect" run. All this just makes my replay of FFXV a bit more interesting. I'll probably max out the new level cap first, then take 'er for a spin in NG+ mode so I can power through the fights.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Actually, a lot of people still think it's great despite the issues, and that's outside GAF.

FFXIII is hated here but outside GAF? There are people who still liked FFXIII. Lightning is ranked highly in Japan as one of the top female FF characters.

I overall enjoyed XV but I wish they would just leave it be and move on to something else.
Since FFXVI isn't done by Business Division 2, they are clearly doing both, plus if you mean SE as a whole:
They're working on a new IP.....

I'm still always surprised at the unabashed negativity over continuing to provide content for a game that enriches the experience in an almost unprecedented way. Some of it for free, too.

If you like the game, hooray! More game to continue consuming.

If you'd like the game, they said they're specifically changing the worst part (chapter 13), plus adding more.

Somehow this is worth the same 23957832589 drive-by posts in every single thread about the game.

Toth

More info:

Some chapter fixes will need a new walkthrough, but things like DLC Episodes can be accessed from the main game menu only if you already completed the game. If not then they will appear as part of the main story. Chapter 13 fixes won't be playable unless you reach that point with the story so be sure to make a save file before chapter 13 (for now) to watch the changes. This is why the team is planning a chapter select for those who completed the game.

Are they going to add more Luna?

Yes, on Ignis DLC where she speaks to Prompto, Ignis and Gladio before
dying
also there will be another romantic scene that I have no idea where it fits, but it's night time and Noctis is with Luna stargazing in a forest area. This may be part of a dream.
DLC Expansion: Coming in January/2018: Adds multiplayer function and online server, makes the continent of Niflheim playable as a parallel story with Kingsglaives (the ones you can customize).

You can't since this events take place after the invasion of Insomnia, you will play as your own new character as a member of the Kingsglaives.

You will create a new Kingsglaive team with some survivors from the invasion. There will be use of magic but not warpstrikes unless you have an special outfit.

PC release of FFXV after all the Updates so expect it to Q2-3 2018. The omen I'm referring would make sense in the Insomnia DLC planned to next year as a prequel to the game with the same gameplay as Altissia. Exploring the city, some hunts and side quest before the trip. Here in a dream sequence the versus 13 sequences would make sense, I know they are looking into this because of the demand, but don't expect something huge, just a dream sequence in the citadel as an omen.

So is Nomura involved in anything FFXV related like is he somewhat involved in the World of Versus if that's happening?
Also from what this rumored World of Versus DLC is, what exactly is it like is it Versus XIII mixed with the Omen Trailer. What will it contain exactly.

No, he is working on 7R and KH3. What I know from the World of Versus is probably not happening the way it's been told, I think it may be addressed in the Insomnia DLC as an omen dream sequence.

Have you heard of this Final Fantasy Versus XV under Nomura rumor?
Oh so this secret unannounced DLC isn't the World of Versus it's Insomnia right?

Heard of that one but the secret DLC is about Insomnia before the invasion. Making the city explorable (very much like Altissia) with sidequest, hunts and even backstory. Heard something about Crowe to possibly appear due to fan popularity. Nyx is very much secured.

Yes, but I think versus 13 scenes may appear like a playable omen on Noctis dreams, there are so many requests from fans and the team is listening.

I don't buy this for a second, even if just based on the idea of patch 1.08 making it possible to drive off road. Like, how? The world isn't even remotely suited to it.

Toth

I don't buy this for a second, even if just based on the idea of patch 1.08 making it possible to drive off road. Like, how? The world isn't even remotely suited to it.

They are working on it (and showed it off at the ATR) but I am hesitant to believe it would be ready by June. Then again, if getting stuck on terrain is a big deal, they can just have it that if the car does get stuck, just like real life, you can just call (Cindy) for a tow.

That part is actually true they've shown it being tested twice now

They are working on it (and showed it off at the ATR) but I am hesitant to believe it would be ready by June. Then again, if getting stukc on terrain is a big deal, they can just have it that if the car does get stuck, just like real life, you can just call (Cindy) for a tow.
They seem to be moving fast with progress on it. First time it got stuck on a rock than like a week later it's riding over them like a damn monster truck

I'm really agreeing with you here, and people here are entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean they should believe anything they see, especially coming from someone who has no sources whatsoever.

I'm merely responding to people who are exaggerating about the game's performance and shortcomings. I'm taking all rumors for future content with a grain of salt.

Actually, a lot of people still think it's great despite the issues, and that's outside GAF.

FFXIII is hated here but outside GAF? There are people who still liked FFXIII. Lightning is ranked highly in Japan as one of the top female FF characters.

Oh yeah I know. I personally think it's fine but it has a couple of nagging things that keep me from loving it. I'm just commenting on how in the vacuum of GAF some people can think that popular opinion is that the game's a failure. I've seen plenty of places hail FFXV as a fantastic entry in the series.

Stargazing is nice and all but we all know those two can't be together. I mean ffs they communicate by envelopes.

The story between Noctis and Luna fell apart for me when I thought "Why the hell doesn't she have a smartphone?" They should have just removed them from the game since it's such a glaring problem.

Have you seen the videos of them working on the off-road? It's a thing, it'll take time though before it's released

They are working on it (and showed it off at the ATR) but I am hesitant to believe it would be ready by June. Then again, if getting stuck on terrain is a big deal, they can just have it that if the car does get stuck, just like real life, you can just call (Cindy) for a tow.

That part is actually true they've shown it being tested twice now

They seem to be moving fast with progress on it. First time it got stuck on a rock than like a week later it's riding over them like a damn monster truck

Huh, well that's surprising. I honestly thought given the stiffness of the cars controls in general and the worlds design that it would be completely off the cards. This strikes me as really odd too though. Like, that's a lot of work to put in just to make a minor change to a game that's sold most of what it will. This is just me rambling, but that kind of makes me think that Luminous is going to be used for some other game since I can't see any other reason to go to such lengths for what will likely be a meaningless change.

Huh, well that's surprising. I honestly thought given the stiffness of the cars controls in general and the worlds design that it would be completely off the cards. This strikes me as really odd too though. Like, that's a lot of work to put in just to make a minor change to a game that's sold most of what it will. This is just me rambling, but that kind of makes me think that Luminous is going to be used for some other game since I can't see any other reason to go to such lengths for what will likely be a meaningless change.
It was a requested feature that's probably why. I know from the Short video it seems to drive alot more freely and Better but obviously we can't confirm that until we play it.

Since we already know this business division likely won't make FFXVI(the FFXIV one likely will) they have time over so might as well go all out while they have a big team.

Go on a hunt if old or it's fake.

Wait what? I thought the FFXIV team is basically permanently committed to maintaining FFXIV. They have content patches and expansions that they're constantly working on.

It was a requested feature that's probably why. I know from the Short video it seems to drive alot more freely and Better but obviously we can't confirm that until we play it.

Ah, I've done a bit of a poor job keeping up with them post release so didn't realise it was a commonly requested feature. Can't say it will make much of a difference for me personally but it IS nice to see them working on it so much still. I'm kinda hopeful the bestiary is real too, I'd probably do another run through the game for that.

Ah, I've done a bit of a poor job keeping up with them post release so didn't realise it was a commonly requested feature. Can't say it will make much of a difference for me personally but it IS nice to see them working on it so much still. I'm kinda hopeful the bestiary is real too, I'd probably do another run through the game for that.
Now see I hope it's not real lol ill get sucked into that shit and it sounds like a good amount of work

I watched a few vids of the chocobo carnival and I just couldn't bring myself to care enough to play it. Will I care for these "episodes"? Probably not. Let it go man, build me up some hype for FFXVI. I'm ready to move on. Personally I think the next one should be sci-fi based. Or maybe sky based like Skies of Arcadia. The car was a good idea and a neat edition to the game. Imagine making it better, by making it an airship or a space craft? There's some deep stuff going on in FFXV, and I'm sad you guys didn't have the time to make that stuff, make it right for FFXVI.

All these rumors, makes me want to hold off another play through.

I can already see a complete version on PS5 if they continue to support this game this much. Maybe it will actually hit 60fps.

I hope Versus XV is real, but these rumors will really help fill gaps the original release had. For better or worse, I guess that's the reality of AAA game development.

DLC Expansion: Coming in January/2018: Adds multiplayer function and online server, makes the continent of Niflheim playable as a parallel story with Kingsglaives (the ones you can customize).

You can't since this events take place after the invasion of Insomnia, you will play as your own new character as a member of the Kingsglaives.

You will create a new Kingsglaive team with some survivors from the invasion. There will be use of magic but not warpstrikes unless you have an special outfit.
This is so obviously a sopping wet ball of fanfiction, but so incredibly clever an idea for narrative integration of multiplayer.

I like the idea of four kingsglaive dopes also doing overworld quests in parallel with the course of the game, and them potentially taking down Adamantoise while the main cast is stuck in a dungeon.

EDIT: If you scroll down in the comments of the Reddit post, it's already been confirmed fake. The OP is even deleting his comments. Nothing to see here, folks. Pack it in.

Spman2099

For those who have played this game and didn't like Chapter 13, would adding more characters to the chapter make it more enjoyable for you?

I think the biggest problem with chapter 13 is it's length. It is too damn long. I don't mind the shift in tone, I thought it was somewhat interesting. Trim the fat and the section will be WAY better.

I guess mixing in some segments where you break away from Noctis may help this section a little...

StereoVsn

I was wondering that myself. The game sold/ shipped over 6 million copies and received fairly good reviews. I guess people get upset when developers take time to add in new features/ scenes to games that fans are requesting.... Hey, just like with Witcher 3!
Plus SE got to be working on PC release now which will most likely include all the improvements. And it's all done by much smaller team then one for main development.

I am sure they are working on XVI or XV-2 and other IPs as well.

Koozek

They showed work-in-progress footage in the recent ATR, but said they're still not sure if and when they'll patch it in and are that they're still working on fixing up many of the areas of the world so that they're better suited for off-road driving without you getting stuck in shrubs and rocks all the time:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oPH1Gll.gif[/IMG]

Spman2099

Oh yeah I know. I personally think it's fine but it has a couple of nagging things that keep me from loving it. I'm just commenting on how in the vacuum of GAF some people can think that popular opinion is that the game's a failure. I've seen plenty of places hail FFXV as a fantastic entry in the series.

The reception was fairly warm here too... I think we are all aware of the problems in FFXV, but that doesn't mean everyone hates it.

I think I mostly talk about what the game did wrong when I discuss FFXV online, but I still like the game quite a bit. Tons of problems, but still really enjoyable.

Toth

EDIT: If you scroll down in the comments of the Reddit post, it's already been confirmed fake. The OP is even deleting his comments. Nothing to see here, folks. Pack it in.

Yeah looks like it. I guess we will have to wait until the end of March.

sappyday

It's very possible for this game to change things around. The multiplayer expansion sounds cool but I'm scared that it will become obsolete in a few years. Hopefully it's basically a single player expansion as well.

Top Bottom