• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Is Registering Less Than 20 Average Players on Steam

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The same that Redfall has to do with anything other than Redfall.

Posting an article about a fuck-up in the past the day before a massive launch is FUD-posting at its core. If I posted a thread about the hilariously mismanaged boondoggle that was Dreams the day before Spiderman 2 launched I'd expect to be called out for console warring.

I seriously wish consoles would just go extinct because this is ridiculous. I guess my brain is wired differently because I would never made that connection.

raduque

I played Redfall about halfway thru the second map. I just lost interest in it. Did they ever patch out the always-online for SP?

Last edited:
This is the game where they wrote 60fps on the box right, then it was coming in a post-launch patch, did they ever actually deliver it? sounds like a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen if not.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Praised Arkane for prey and deathloop, without playing Redfall there’s no comment on this, never thought ps5 would miss an Arkane game.

This game is the reason I refuse to buy the premium edition of Starfield before seeing real reviews and impressions on the performance for PC.

I just don't trust anything MS says before their games are released. Still can't believed they released this crap and put marketing dollars behind it.
How to let people know you are console warring without letting them know you are console warring the post.

Imagine comparing a Todd Howard single player produced game to a game made by a completely different studio thats focused on multiplayer. This is like comparing an Apple to an Orange and saying that the Orange doesn't taste like the Apple. Lol.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I don't think them saying that they would make things right and haven't so far does the situation any good either.

I also think that the majority of PC players that were interested have Game Pass, and didn't bother preordering or buying it on Steam.

MMaRsu

Banned
How to let people know you are console warring without letting them know you are console warring the post.

Imagine comparing a Todd Howard single player produced game to a game made by a completely different studio thats focused on multiplayer. This is like comparing an Apple to an Orange and saying that the Orange doesn't taste like the Apple. Lol.
Yup..

I dont like driving cars because my grandma once fell off her bycicle

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Low effort console war bait. Sort your feelings out.
IMG-8337.jpg

I wonder which had a bigger budget?

yazenov

I wonder which had a bigger budget?

One is a 1st party game, and the other is a paid 3rd party exclusive.

Redfall is one of the worst-reviewed games of the generation that launched with a plethora of bugs and is the laughing stock of the industry, and the other game was just below average game.

Redfall didn't even chart in any sales trackers (US, Europe, Japan, and UK , while Forspoken charted in many of those trackers.

Yeah, nice comparison buddy.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
One is a 1st party game, and the other is a paid 3rd party exclusive.

Redfall is one of the worst-reviewed games of the generation that launched with a plethora of bugs and is the laughing stock of the industry, and the other game was just below average game.

Redfall didn't even chart in any sales trackers (US, Europe, Japan, and UK , while Forspoken charted in many of those trackers.

Yeah, nice comparison buddy.

They both flopped and had miserable reviews and are completely dead games. Forspoken sold so poorly it killed the studio.

Nothing console warring about my post. It’s just common sense. Reputation and track records matter.

If Xbox was willing to launch and spend marketing dollars for something like Redfall. I am concerned about how things will play out for Starfield especially since Bethesda has a track record for releasing buggy RPG games day one.

It’s really not that hard to understand…

Of course I want to be wrong and I hope Starfield is amazing because if that’s the case I will be picking it up tomorrow.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

This is on Zenimax.. not MS

Should they have interfered? For sure. But game was developed and greenlit under Zenimax.

I've heard that Microsoft can't take credit if Starfield is a success because they acquired Zenimax while Starfield was already in development.

I've heard that Microsoft can take credit for Redfall's failure because they acquired Zenimax while Redfall was already in development.

MMaRsu

Banned
Nothing console warring about post. It’s just common sense. Reputation and track records matter.

If Xbox was willing to launch and spend marketing dollars for something like Redfall. I am concerned about how things will play out for Starfield especially since Bethesda has a track record for releasing buggy RPG games day one.

It’s really not that hard to understand…

Of course I want to be wrong and I hope Starfield is amazing because if that’s the case I will be picking it up tomorrow.
F4-PKww-Zb-IAAj-KEY.jpg

This is on Zenimax.. not MS

Should they have interfered? For sure. But game was developed and greenlit under Zenimax.
Bethesda was owned by microsoft for two full years before redfall released.
It is absolutely 100% on microsoft, no one is responsible besides them for managing their own projects, and yes that includes projects by companies owned by them.
There's a word for not managing your own shit. Negligence.

MMaRsu

Banned
What does Metacritic scores have to do with bugs? Reviewers have been know to not factor bugs, glitches and performance into some review scores.

Never said the game wouldn't be good, I said I was concerned about how well it will perform on PC.

These scores were given in spite of bugs and performance my friend.
Bethesda was owned by microsoft for two full years before redfall released.
It is absolutely 100% on microsoft, no one is responsible besides them for managing their own projects, and yes that includes projects by companies owned by them.
There's a word for not managing your own shit. Negligence.

Phil has been very up front about being hands off with Redfall. That was their philosophy after taking control of these dev teams, to let them make their own choices. He has also apologized for their handling of the situation.

Should they have interfered? Absolutely.

Is it neccesary to keep bringing it up? No, not really.

MMaRsu

Banned
The other Todd Howard at BGS must have been the executive producer then.
Maybe if you get your facts straight we could have a genuine conversation.

He didn't direct the game, he oversaw some of it's development but was barely interested in the game according to rumors.

The game was mandated by Zenimax and it was something he wasn't interested in at all. He was working on his dream project Starfield at the time.

Scotty W

Gold Member
I know nothing about this game at all, but the gamers glee over its failure seems counterproductive. I am guessing it cost a lot, and took a long time to make, and its failure comes down to bad management. The result is likely to be more management and focus grouping and a mindset that leads MS and Sony to be increasingly afraid to take risks.

bender

What time is it?

He didn't direct the game, he oversaw some of it's development but was barely interested in the game according to rumors.

The game was mandated by Zenimax and it was something he wasn't interested in at all. He was working on his dream project Starfield at the time.

My facts are straight and I'm not relying on rumors. It's not hard to google the credits of a game. You are acting like it was developed by an outside studio and Bethesda slapped their names out. This isn't a Hunt Down The Freeman situation but maybe I need your "genius" reasoning to overlook a recent title the studio released just because its' critical reception doesn't fit a narrative I'm trying to peddle.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member

Did you just tell someone to get their facts straight and point to rumors as the facts they need to get straight?

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

MMaRsu

Banned
My facts are straight and I'm not relying on rumors. It's not hard to google the credits of a game. You are acting like it was developed by an outside studio and Bethesda slapped their names out. This isn't a Hunt Down The Freeman situation but maybe I need your "genius" reasoning to overlook a recent title the studio released just because its' critical reception doesn't fit a narrative I'm trying to peddle.

The game was mainly developed by BattleCry Studios LLC . This studio was bought and turned into BGS Austin. They did the technical side of Fallout 76 and started development on it.

BGS's Maryland Studio, the one that Todd heads up, helped with worldbuilding and some quests.

The game wasn't created by the same studio that creates the Fallout, Skyrim, Oblivion games.

It's a fact.

so stop being such a condescending prick.

Also comparing a first online game, not made by the same man who directed the games I quoted, to the singleplayer gems they have always delivered is pretty disingenuous if you ask me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom