• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall will release it's Final Update brings revamped Neighborhood and Nest systems, Single Player Pausing, Offline Mode, and more

intbal

I wonder what changed.
The Arkane folks said that MS cancelled the offline mode.
Good news, though.

Darsxx82

Baby Hat GIF

Will be a morbid curiosity for me 10 years down the line playing the game that killed the Dishonored ip and studio on my steamdeck 3.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Exactly.

It's not like this is a genre lacking in high quality games in recent years.

You'd have to be out of your mind to play this over stuff like trepang2.

Don't knock it till you try it,G. And I don't mean the launch version.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

Krathoon

Gold Member
I hoped they improved the AI on the bosses. It was pretty bad. They needed to overhaul that on the bosses.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a great game at all. I didnt play with the various patches as I played right away at launch on GP. Patch notes included 60 fps and some other improvements and more updates coming.

But even with all the adjustments, it's a very average exploration/action game with a modest map size (it's no giant RPG open world game).

IMO, it wasnt as bad as people said it was, but just meh. If youre desperate for a vampire hunting filler game, go for it. Its got surprisingly good audio. Treat Redfall like a late 360/PS3 game or early X1/PS4 kind of game.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Imagine if they drop this update and it's an instant classic. Everyone re-reviews it and gives it a near perfect score.

And then Microsoft have to deal with people talking about shuttering the studio forever.

FWIW, I played it at launch briefly and based on that, I reckon it could have been redeemed quite a lot if they have fixed the AI.

Last edited:
Exactly.

It's not like this is a genre lacking in high quality games in recent years.

You'd have to be out of your mind to play this over stuff like trepang2.
The funny part is that Redfall is supposed to be an immersive sim, but failed so badly that fanboys have to recontextualize the game as a "mindless shooter" to cope with how badly it missed the mark.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I wonder what changed.
The Arkane folks said that MS cancelled the offline mode.
Good news, though.

It really does seem that MS management has very little control or communication with these studios. I doubt they even knew how far along the patch was and was like, "yea just go ahead and release it then."

Not a great game at all. I didnt play with the various patches as I played right away at launch on GP. Patch notes included 60 fps and some other improvements and more updates coming.

But even with all the adjustments, it's a very average exploration/action game with a modest map size (it's no giant RPG open world game).

IMO, it wasnt as bad as people said it was, but just meh. If youre desperate for a vampire hunting filler game, go for it. Its got surprisingly good audio. Treat Redfall like a late 360/PS3 game or early X1/PS4 kind of game.

V Rising just came out which seems like a better vampire game in every way, but I do think it is PC only.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It really does seem that MS management has very little control or communication with these studios. I doubt they even knew how far along the patch was and was like, "yea just go ahead and release it then."

V Rising just came out which seems like a better vampire game in every way, but I do think it is PC only.

For now, yes. A PS5 version is supposed to come out later this year (no date yet)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The funny part is that Redfall is supposed to be an immersive sim, but failed so badly that fanboys have to recontextualize the game as a "mindless shooter" to cope with how badly it missed the mark.
I don't think it is supposed to be an immersive sim - it's supposed to be a co-op shooter but its designed by people who only know how to make immersive sims and so it still has a lot of those trappings.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Hoping this patch is as effective as it can be. They can't completely turn Redfall around, but it'd be cool if this patch truly put it in the "best it could be" state.

This was the right move on their part. Regardless wether you liked the game or not, it didn’t deserve to die off because MS decided to shut down the servers oneday. Now those who may actually bought it and like it can play and not worry about losing it in the future.

Roberts

Cool. I was thinking about doing a co-op run with my friends and this gives me more motivation to do so.

Top Bottom