• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Refurbished Wii Us are SOLD OUT on Nintendo's site

phaonaut

you-done-fucked-up-now-gif.gif

I was waiting another week or two. :( I fucked up.

AdanVC

#WiiUMagicalHolidaySmashHypeSeason2k14. But really, this are good news! Not nice for those that were planning to buy one there but I'm sure once we get closer to black friday, we would have lot's of goooood deals for the console.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Damn. I hope there is a smash bundle. Special smash Wii U deluxe + smash controller bundle. Hopefully waiting doesn't backfire on me.

LOL, well don't I look like a fool. I was just accusing them of selling new consoles as refurbished a couple days ago because they never seemed to run out.

... unless. Nintendo reads GAF confirmed???

LOL, well don't I look like a fool. I was just accusing them of selling new consoles as refurbished a couple days ago because they never seemed to run out.

... unless. Nintendo reads GAF confirmed???

I always assumed they were still new consoles, just the returned Nintendoland bundle stock that never sold from stores when they began to phase them out in favor of newer bundles.

mstevens

I freaking love my Wii U, so any news like this is great to me. Small victories. The more homes that have a Wii U, the better.

Dreavus

In my mind I want this to be because of the masterpiece that is Bayonetta 2.

In my heart I know it's truly for Smash. What else?

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Neo Dark

Hope you guys all bought one for bayonetta 2!
Is the Nintendo site not accessible through archive.org? If it is then you might be able to check the message used last time

knkng

Uh....ok. Is that supposed to mean something?

If my calculations are correct, it means that the Wii U will have outsold the PS4 and XB1 combined for the next NPD period.

Or it's just letting people know that the refurbs are no longer available. Whichever.

SlickVic

Hope mine went through. Ordered on Wednesday, got an email it shipped though no tracking number and the website still says it's in process. Hope it actually did go out.

Mohonky

I am also confused on where these refurbished consoles come from? Its not like the console is known to fail (I cant think of any Nintendo comsole that has ever failed on me actually) so where do they come from? Are they potentially return from oversupply or something?

soy.

Banned
I am also confused on where these refurbished consoles come from? Its not like the console is known to fail (I cant think of any Nintendo comsole that has ever failed on me actually) so where do they come from? Are they potentially return from oversupply or something?
to name some,

those that Dead Out of Box or Dead On Arrival or when somebody repaired their console at nintendo and nintendo just replaced it with whole new console (due to warranty perhaps?)

Eh, they'll have them restocked within a week. Two weeks, tops.
I've got a vision of an angry customer on the phone going straight to their main warehouse and being like; "why do you have no refurbished Wii Us? I see Wii U consoles on the shelves can't you just refurbish those? Wait refurbish means repaired just go and break those and repair them to sell as refurbished, what you waiting for?"

So the Mewtwo DLC did it's job? Excellent.
It more than did its job since you only need to register Smash U on Club Nintendo not buy a console to go with it.

superbank

There won't be an official Nintendo Smash bundle, but maybe a retailer one?

Are we sure though? WWHD got one, I don't see why their potentially biggest game to date for the Wii U wouldn't get one. It's possible they simply haven't announced it yet. Can anyone recall the time gap between the WWHD bundle announcement and release? Or there may even be a smash Wii U console similar to the smash 3DS XL that was revealed not long before it came out.

Are we sure though? WWHD got one, I don't see why their potentially biggest game to date for the Wii U wouldn't get one. It's possible they simply haven't announced it yet. Can anyone recall the time gap between the WWHD bundle announcement and release? Or there may even be a smash Wii U console similar to the smash 3DS XL that was revealed not long before it came out.

I work at a major retailer, and our Nintendo rep said explicitly that Nintendo was not doing a bundle this holiday

He could have been misinformed or lying, but I doubt it

Edit: or nintendo could change their minds.

Banned
Was there an Eminem meme created in the smash threads that I don't know about? Seems too random of a celebritiy to list as buying all these refurbished Wii U's lol. I know he's a nintendo fan but I'm not seeing where this meme started.

I work at a major games retailer, and our Nintendo rep said explicitly that Nintendo was not doing a bundle this holiday

The strategy with big holiday console games is usually to recoup investment on the game, which means they won't be bundling it this year. They'll expect you to buy it alongside the console.

Was there an Eminem meme created in the smash threads that I don't know about? Seems too random of a celebritiy to list as buying all these refurbished Wii U's lol. I know he's a nintendo fan but I'm not seeing where this meme started.
There was a quote in a thread in which Eminem bought a Wii U because he was bored of Destiny or something to that effect.

superbank

I work at a major games retailer, and our Nintendo rep said explicitly that Nintendo was not doing a bundle this holiday

Hmm alright. It would make sense from their perspective to make people buy the current bundles + smash on the side. I'll wait a little longer though.

They have been sold out many times. The first time I tried to buy they were sold out in fact. They don't stock too much at once.

They'll be restocked in a couple of days. *shrug*

Seik

Banned
I work at a major retailer, and our Nintendo rep said explicitly that Nintendo was not doing a bundle this holiday

Edit: or nintendo could change their minds.

Well if they were to make a bundle, they quite missed the opportunity to share the info during yesterday's direct.

To me it pretty much confirms there won't be a bundle. Sorry for the people that wanted to buy refurb. :/

Top Bottom