• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: I'd love to see a new Dragon Quest game, too!

Unless he's hinting at something, then this is just mean.

There are at least 3 viable 3DS Dragon Quest games that you could be bringing over NoA.

KiTA

Dragon Quest VII (3DS) says "Hello!"
Dragon Quest X (Wii/WiiU) says "Hi!"

Terry's Wonderland (3DS) says "Don't forget me!"

I've been curious about DQX. How does it hold up in terms of fun and quality when stacked against other DQ games and other MMO's? Haven't heard anything regarding player reception.

The guy who saved FFXIV, Yoshi-P, helped build DQX from the ground up. So there's a hint at it's quality.

It plays like DQ9 only with online coop and the best parts of FFXIV. It's supposedly quite amazing. You can even play it as an effective single player game if you wish to avoid almost all social interaction using the "rent a PC" feature.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
https://twitter.com/EMP_TriForce_GM/status/394990275749478400

Wii U Party Direct.

lShRZta.gif

Get it together Britney.

We all know its a Secret Direct with Iwata dropping bombs..... Am i right?

[URL=http://imgur.com/3GX4hBW][/URL]

Jomjom

Banned
I refuse to believe Reggie actually knows what Dragon Quest is. I bet his intern posted that for him or something.

Zalman

I refuse to believe Reggie actually knows what Dragon Quest is. I bet his intern posted that for him or something.
I'm not sure, but I think I remember seeing an interview when IX came out where he said he had put hundreds of hours into it.

Salsa

dq is on the consoles that sell

next mainline dq on 3ds is a safe and beautiful bet

only bad thing about it is we wont get dq9 meltdowns :(

ill be happy with VII in the meantime yes plz

Raw64life

They're just taunting me now. So cruel.

I remember some people on here sounding incredibly sure of themselves that Dragon Quest wouldn't be abandoned in the west. How's that coming along?

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Of course the announcement was of the already-known LoZ 3DS XL.

GIVE ME DRAGON QUEST, JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

2014, Year of Dragon Quest!

February - Rocket Slime 3
March - Terry's Wonderland
July - Dragon Quest VII
September - Dragon Quest X

Believe man.

Haven't played one since PS2 -__-

Will catch up on some of the DS games, but would really like a return to a consoles, or at least a VIta for its performance, art style would look gorgeous.
WiiU or Vita DQ please.

sörine

Banned
I still think 7 3DS and 10 PCU will make it over. The Monsters remakes and Slime 3 seem beyond hope now though.

n64coder

My kids would love a new DQ game. I think they each got over 400+ hours on DQ IX. Is there an email address or twitter for Square Enix to let them know we would like to see a new game?

KiTA

My kids would love a new DQ game. I think they each got over 400+ hours on DQ IX. Is there an email address or twitter for Square Enix to let them know we would like to see a new game?

You're a bit late to the party, but you can find the CEO of Square Enix US/EU laying out his company's vision for the next year... and completely ignoring one of their their largest IPs... here.

In it he asks for feedback, and got enough requests for Dragon Quest (just look at the comments, holy crap) that he replied saying he was looking into it. Several "big name fans" also got personal replies saying that no, they haven't given up on the DQ IP in the US/EU.

And then nothing.

This Reggie post is the biggest DQ news in months. Basically the theory is this: The NOA Twitter feed is an official PR outlet. Anything posted to it, even by Reggie, is vetted through Marketing and PR.

If they knew that we won't be getting a new DQ game, they wouldn't say anything. It's why Square Enix staying completely silent is so disheartening. The fact that he's saying anything at all, especially out of the blue, means they are likely at least considering it, if not actively planning on releasing something.

Is that "Surprise, a Nintendo Direct tomorrow" thing true or just someone being funny, btw?

L~A

Is that "Surprise, a Nintendo Direct tomorrow" thing true or just someone being funny, btw?

As far as I know, they teased an announcement, and it ended up being the Zelda 3DS XL coming to the US.

And GAF has been on a "Nintendo Direct tomorrow, I'm sure!!!' mode for the past few days, including myself :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Start with bringing over the new VII pls

Then announce XI for 3DS

It's not hard

L~A

I would love to see a proper DQX and not an MMO one.

Huh? But it is a "proper" DQX. It's a mainline title, the 10th one. It's not some sort of spin-off or something. It doesn't make sense to ask for a "proper" DQX... it's like asking for a "proper" FFXI.

Vandole

Regarding what S-E had said about their future releases, would they be involved in promoting it if Nintendo ended up publishing one of the unreleased DQs in NA and EU like they did with DQIX?

Sojiro

Oh what I wouldn't give to see DQX make it to the states both on Wii U and PC (I would get both). It seems that I finally block the thought of it out of my head and every few months the name will get mentioned somewhere for an obscure reason and get my hopes back up again, I honestly don't know why I let it do this to me, I guess I am just that desperate to see it released over here. I am always hopeful, but never have expectations with this game, /sigh.

Top Bottom