• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: I'd love to see a new Dragon Quest game, too!

Someone buy the dude an iPhone. I'd imagine his company phone is a Blackberry.
It's not like that, really.

9BH7V42.jpg

It can't be as bad as DQ4 DS. That is a fucking horrid, embarrassing botch job localization that tarnishes an excellent game.

No kidding. Plus Alpha should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to that game.

I'd much rather have 8-4 handle all future localizations to be honest. Their work on DQVI was so much better than Plus Alpha's work on IV, V and IX

RM8

Since Pokémon is putting 3DS systems on the hands of people who like monster capturing RPGs, don't you think it's time for a Terry's Wonderland localization, Reggie?

Reggie?

:(

Two questions, does anyone else tweet that works in Nintendo, and you can tell how popular a tweet is, right?

Maybe Reggie is just testing the waters of releasing news via Twitter. Last I knew, that's how Blizzard works these days.

Since Pokémon is putting 3DS systems on the hands of people who like monster capturing RPGs, don't you think it's time for a Terry's Wonderland localization, Reggie?

Reggie?

Man, thats how this shit use to work. Something popular is out? Lets all release our 'clone games' of it to cash in.

Now when something cool is announced in Japan its like:

Oh I wonder if this will get transla.. NOPE

But mayb.. NOPE

I think it woul.. NOPE

:( sigh.

Reggie?

At this point, I kind of hope they skip TW and give us DQM2 3DS instead.

KiTA

At this point, I kind of hope they skip TW and give us DQM2 3DS instead.

NO.

Denied. Absolutely not. -Insert Buzzer Sound Effect Here-

DQM:TW in early/mid 2014, DQM2 in late 2014/early 2015. There's no reason at all to skip TW.

I'm actually kinda worried that they actually skip TW for DQM2, and... no. :( I need my Greattree adventure, darnit.

inner-G

Banned
Same. VII is one of the few games in the series I haven't really played much of, and I don't really want to bother with the PS version at this point.
I actually have the PS1 version but the pacing and graphics are terribly archaic.

I believe Shane accurately described it on Retronauts as a 'visual abortion'.

I actually have the PS1 version but the pacing and graphics are terribly archaic.

I believe Shane accurately described it on Retronauts as a 'visual abortion'.

It's not that bad. The battle sprites look pretty damn good. The overworld is good enough

Rootbeer

Banned
Call me crazy but I'm really sure DQVII will end up coming to the west.

Reggie may be gaming's biggest spinster but I don't think he's as daft as some are reading. I think he knows DQVII 3DS is getting localized and was teasing it. This is how I'm choosing to interpret it :3 *crosses fingers but doesn't hold breath*

Call me crazy but I'm really sure DQVII will end up coming to the west.
Wouldn't be surprised in the least. DQVII was already one of the longest games in the series. Taking a remake that adds a substantial amount of post-game content with an already long game spells a project that would take time to translate. Dragon Quest has a better chance of succeeding on the 3DS right now.

clem84

Gold Member
Wouldn't be surprised in the least. DQVII was already one of the longest games in the series. Taking a remake that adds a substantial amount of post-game content with an already long game spells a project that would take time to translate. Dragon Quest has a better chance of succeeding on the 3DS right now.

You know I'm kinda worried about the fact that it's such a long translation. SE might see it as a risky project if it costs too much to localize. BUT... The 3DS is really doing well right now all around the world so they might still end up seeing the project as worthwhile.

I hope they somehow bring DQX over also. I was a little disappointed when I learned that it was going to be an MMO but since it's DQ I'd still play the hell out of it.

You know I'm kinda worried about the fact that it's such a long translation. SE might see it as a risky project if it costs too much to localize. BUT... The 3DS is really doing well right now all around the world so they might still end up seeing the project as worthwhile.
If it's anything like Dragon Quest XI, then I'm pretty sure Nintendo Treehouse is doing the localization.

clem84

Gold Member
I wonder if Xseeds could do it. They've translated obscure Japanese games before so why not something like DQ?

KiTA

I wonder if Xseeds could do it. They've translated obscure Japanese games before so why not something like DQ?

Xseed could, but there's absolutely no way Square Enix would ever let them. At the very least they would price the license so high they couldn't make money doing it. There's probably a bunch of politics involved too. (To wit, if you explained to your boss at the Japanese branch that DQ doesn't work in the US, and some other company makes it work, well, sucks to be you, eh?)

Top Bottom