• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

Amir0x

Banned
You haven't played Xenoblade yet? THE FUCK AMI!? Was it you or Ducky who loved FF XII, cause Xeno is like that on steroids.

I love FFXII, best FF in eternity

seriously it did look appealing to me, that's why I have owned it for a while knowing Wii U would have BC whenever I got a system.

It's not my fault I didn't play it yet! At the time I sold my Wii, I had just gone through the disappointing Skyward Sword and looked out at the wasteland of future Wii releases and thought there was no point in keeping it anymore. At the time, Nintendo was still at the "we have nothing to announce regarding Xenoblade, but thanks for the interest" stage and almost everyone assumed it was never going to happen for the USA :p

It's not my fault that Nintendo decided to finally do something right for once! Who could predict that? ;P

Meelow

Banned
....it doesn't.

"I'm not spinning anything, it doesn't play the movies but it does have 25gb like Blu Ray, and it's proprietary, the Wii disks were technically DVD disks without the movie feature."

I'm not saying the disks are 100% Blu Ray but it does have 25GB on the disks, and is pretty much Blu Ray disks minus the movie feature.

Just for everyone to be happy my comment is, the Wii U had 25GB of ram, faster then the PS3 disks, but doesn't play movie feed back.

kinggroin

Banned
I agree with Reggie I have COD on 360 and Wii U... It looks sharper and better on Wii U. However I will refrain from saying it's stellar.

Wait till we get games next year that look much improved.. Impressive for ports in 6-7 months with new hardware and outdated development kits..

Looks like I changed it just in time

"I'm not spinning anything, it doesn't play the movies but it does have 25gb like Blu Ray, and it's proprietary, the Wii disks were technically DVD disks without the movie feature."

I'm not saying the disks are 100% Blu Ray but it does have 25GB on the disks, and is pretty much Blu Ray disks minus the movie feature.

Then don't call it Blu-ray. Call it 25GB discs. The word means something, and wiiU doesnt have it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm really surprised he answered the question at all. Being in PR he should evade and just twist it to put across the points he wants. Surely power and comparisons to PS360 is not something you want to focus on? Maybe throw a 'HD' in there, but mostly focus on the gamepad and all that side of things

Tobor

Just for everyone to be happy my comment is, the Wii U had 25GB of ram, faster then the PS3 disks, but doesn't play movie feed back.

What percentage of BluRay is it?

CamHostage

Really would have been nice if true. Having the definitive version of these last-of-a-generation games would have been a nice side-benefit to owning a Wii U while waiting for PS4/720 and also waiting for games that go beyond Nintendo Land, but some of the technical issues of the system will make that difficult if not improbable if not impossible.

I do look forward to Bayonetta 2 though to see this system put through its paces.

Diablos54

I love FFXII, best FF in eternity

seriously it did look appealing to me, that's why I have owned it for a while knowing Wii U would have BC whenever I got a system.

It's not my fault I didn't play it yet! At the time I sold my Wii, I had just gone through the disappointing Skyward Sword and looked out at the wasteland of future Wii releases and thought there was no point in keeping it anymore. At the time, Nintendo was still at the "we have nothing to announce regarding Xenoblade, but thanks for the interest" stage and almost everyone assumed it was never going to happen for the USA :p

It's not my fault that Nintendo decided to finally do something right for once! Who could predict that? ;P
FF XII favorite FF? Are you trying to seduce me or something!? Next you're going to tell me that Majora's Mask is your favorite Zelda.

Well, I can forgive you for not playing Xeno, your reasoning is correct after all, it's not like there was a ton of Wii games released after SS.

Like I said, Xeno is like XII on steroids in many ways, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. What exactly did you like about XII?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
reggie_not_my_prbds1.jpg

baghdad-bob.jpg

Wow never notice that before lol someone needs to make a gif with those dramatically better games in the background, Reggie is the new Baghdad Bob lol

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Why lie when you can say something like "consumers showed with the Wii graphics weren't as important to them as the experience."

Exactly. Just say 'consumers are finding the convenience of short range portable play to be the deciding factor when chosing multiplatform titles.'

Don't outright lie about performance.

Meelow

Banned
Don't get huffy when you lose your own semantics game.

It really wasn't a game though, the Wii U has 25GB of ram and it seems like it's Blu Ray but no movie feature or anything. http://www.videogamer.com/news/wii_u_game_discs_hold_25gb.html

Someone yesterday tried to claim that I say the Xbox GPU was much better then the GameCube and I said the GameCube was close to the power of the Xbox because from what I compared their wasn't a massive difference in game graphics, yet it turned into something weird.

Boss Man

I had my buddy over at my house the other day and he said he was really excited to be playing a Nintendo console and that he was happy because everywhere he had been they had sold out. My friend played Zombi U with me and said that they were the best graphics he had ever seen on a console, much better than Uncharted 2 on his PS3, he said. My friend said that it was probably because Ubisoft made use of GPGPU. We played for about 3 hours and then the gamepad died, to which my friend mentioned was a very honorable thing for Nintendo to do so that people wouldn't play for too long. We plugged the gamepad back in and my friend said that the distance of the cord was not that bad, and then we started using the Wii U's browser to watch YouTube videos and read SmashBros fanfics. My friend said that he could feel that the Wii U's browser was at least 50 HTML5 points higher than his 360's.

When he finally left, my friend told me that he was very impressed by the Wii U and that he thought it was going to make lots of money for Iwata-san and that he was very envious of me. I went to my room and jacked off into my Pikachu N64's cartridge slot like I do every night, and then went to bed with my framed photograph of Miyamoto-sama clutched tightly in hand.

It really wasn't a game though, the Wii U has 25GB of ram and it seems like it's Blu Ray but no movie feature or anything.

Someone yesterday tried to claim that I say the Xbox GPU was much better then the GameCube and I said the GameCube was close to the power of the Xbox because from what I compared their wasn't a massive difference in game graphics, yet it turned into something weird.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

I had my buddy over at my house the other day and he said he was really excited to be playing a Nintendo console and that he was happy because everywhere he had been they had sold out. My friend played Zombi U with me and said that they were the best graphics he had ever seen on a console, much better than Uncharted 2 on his PS3, he said. My friend said that it was probably because Ubisoft made use of GPGPU. We played for about 3 hours and then the gamepad died, to which my friend mentioned was a very honorable thing for Nintendo to do so that people wouldn't play for too long. We plugged the gamepad back in and my friend said that the distance of the cord was not that bad, and then we started using the Wii U's browser to watch YouTube videos and read SmashBros fanfics. My friend said that he could feel that the Wii U's browser was at least 50 HTML5 points higher than his 360's.

When he finally left, my friend told me that he was very impressed by the Wii U and that he thought it would going to make lots of money for Iwata-son and that he was very envious of me. I went to my room and jacked off into my Pikachu N64's cartridge slot like I do every night, and then went to bed with my framed photograph of Miyamoto-sama clutched tightly in hand.

Soooo gooooood

Also, has this been posted yet?

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/developers-have-it-wrong-the-wii-u-is-powerful-its-just-next-generation-pow

LoL

Defense party on patrol. Equipped with Our GPGPU, EDRAM, and butthurt logic

Amir0x

Banned
FF XII favorite FF? Are you trying to seduce me or something!? Next you're going to tell me that Majora's Mask is your favorite Zelda.

Well, I can forgive you for not playing Xeno, your reasoning is correct after all, it's not like there was a ton of Wii games released after SS.

Like I said, Xeno is like XII on steroids in many ways, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. What exactly did you like about XII?

I liked a lot about XII. For one thing, I don't care about stories in these games since they're never good. So, I prefer the atmosphere and art direction of FFXII to many past FF games. But gameplay wise, I loved the gambit system. It allowed one to manage the tedium of basic, easy battles with simple if-then commands, while focusing on your tinkering for the really tough battles. Similarly, it was fast and harmless, you could see all enemies on the screen (and thus could point out and select the type of enemy you wanted, which is particularly helpful if you're targeting certain drops) and you can have a character as specific or as all-purpose as you want.

The loot system was really what needed work, but it could hardly take back how much they finally got right with FFXII. FFXIII was like a gut stab by comparison :(

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
It really wasn't a game though, the Wii U has 25GB of ram and it seems like it's Blu Ray but no movie feature or anything.

It has 2 GB RAM :p What you're thinking of is 25 GB ROM disks ;) It's not really BD either, but a proprietary BD-derived disk format, just like the Wii used a proprietary DVD-derived format, as Nintendo don't want to pay the license fees for the DVD/BD formats.

The Wii U disks for games are 25GB, that is true and confirmed.

You know what i meant by ram.

Again, this is the issue. We don't know what you mean. Words have meaning, and you are using the wrong words. Blu-ray is a feature Wii U does not have, and it certainly does not have 25GB of RAM.

Magnific0

Banned
He's doing a politician's job without even being a politician.

Just like the Wii U uses BD, but it just won't let you actually watch BD movies.

Yeah...so? lies. If I go out and buy a Wii U expecting better graphics on third-party games like COD I won't get it. Blatant lie.

If I buy a Wii U expecting the Gamepad to work everywhere in my house as he says, I will immediately discover this is not true. Blatant lie.

When he finally left, my friend told me that he was very impressed by the Wii U and that he thought it was going to make lots of money for Iwata-son and that he was very envious of me. I went to my room and jacked off into my Pikachu N64's cartridge slot like I do every night, and then went to bed with my framed photograph of Miyamoto-sama clutched tightly in hand.
I think I just burst a blood vessel in my head. Well done.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Well first off, I have to correct you. The specs are quite different than than the competitive systems, much more graphically intensive. If you do a side by side comparison you would see that 3rd party games like Call of Duty look dramatically better on our system.
WYz76.gif

qcf x2

When he finally left, my friend told me that he was very impressed by the Wii U and that he thought it was going to make lots of money for Iwata-son and that he was very envious of me. I went to my room and jacked off into my Pikachu N64's cartridge slot like I do every night, and then went to bed with my framed photograph of Miyamoto-sama clutched tightly in hand.

This + Meelow (Reggie?) are redeeming the thread.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Yeah...so? lies. If I go out and buy a Wii U expecting better graphics on third-party games like COD I won't get it. Blatant lie.

If I buy a Wii U expecting the Gamepad to work everywhere in my house as he says, I will immediately discover this is not true. Blatant lie.

Every PR mouthpiece lies, that's their job. If you believe everything they say without doing any research yourself, you have no one but yourself to blame for your disappointment.

Tobor

Every Wii U contains 50% real BluRay goodness. You can taste the smooth flavor of BluRay in every game!

Wii U, for the Blu in all of you.

xandaca

I don't know but if it just means Wii U is going to end up like Gamecube, I'm OK with that. Gamecube was amazing and featured some of Nintendo's greatest games, as well as some of their most truly audacious productions relative to the competition at the time. If Wii U coming from behind motivates Nintendo back to making games like that, I'm all-in. Wii had only one or two games like that from Nintendo, and they all had Mario in the title.

<3 Gamecube

Gamecube was Nintendo's worst console to date by far. Their first party output was the weakest they've put out in any single generation. By contrast, the Wii's first party support was sensational, albeit not as revolutionary as on the N64.

The Cube's best games were Metroid Prime, Resi 4, Smash Bros, Beyond Good & Evil, killer7, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Paper Mario TYD, Metal Gear Twin Snakes and REmake. That's pretty much it.

The Wii had the Galaxy games (classics, vastly superior to Sunshine), Twilight Princess (apart from a duff final few dungeons, much better than Wind Waker, whose flaws were disguised by the art style), Skyward Sword (lesser Zelda, but still braver than Wind Waker), Wii Sports (defining game of the generation), Mario Kart Wii (one of the series' best, compared to Double Dash!! being easily the worst), Metroid Prime 3 (better than 2, lesser than 1), Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment, and third party games including No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Little King's Story, Muramasa, Zack & Wiki, the Motion + enhanced Tiger Woods games, among others. That's not even counting more contentious games like MadWorld or Deadly Creatures, which I personally love.

In other words, Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamecube. The GCN struggled and deservedly so, with Nintendo struggling to come to terms with the challenge posed by the PlayStation behemoth.

I really don´t like any of the 3 PR heads in North America.

lol; if you honestly think that CNN came to Reggie like fanboys/trolls then maybe that should tell you that many aren't actually fanboys/trolls and have actual good points.

Goodness... Nintendo fans are getting just as bad as Sony fans back in 2006.

Or MS fans in defense for the price hike of Live.

Reiko

Banned
This is dramatically better.

PC_037.png

This is how it looks on Wii U

360_037.png

How is looking exactly like the 360 version dramatically better? Did I fall into a hidden vortex?

Salsa

I always thought people liked Reggie from a goofy PR perspective, kinda laughing with him/at him

I still like him in that sense

but yeah, he's been pulling stuff like this for a while now. It's stupid as hell, but I guess he has to do it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Reggie isn't lying, from his point of view those 3rd-party games DO look dramatically better running on hardware his company sells.

Top Bottom