• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Registering my Japanese PSP...should I bother?

I read on a few sites that some people who bought Japanese PSP's before the EU launch were able to reg their japo-models on the EU psp website and recieve the spiderman2 UMD.

So I tried it, and of course the process does not accept my japo-serial number, and my model variant is not selectable.

So. If I go for the japo-route, do I/can I recieve anything? or will I just have a warm fuzzy feeling of maybe doing to 'right' thing.

After checking some web sites, I managed to register mine by changing the letter prefix of the serial no. Not got anything yet though, and I think the SpiderMan 2 UMDs ran out some time ago.

warthog

I registered at yourpsp. Changed something at random in my serial nr or model so it would be accepted. I received the spiderman 2 UMD. You can come and pick it up here if you want, it's collecting dust. But chances are slim you live in the neighbourhood I guess :)

If by neighbourhood, you mean Helsinki, then cool, if not, then UGH.
:)

Its not like I need the UMD, i just wanted to know if there were any boons to japanese reg.

Top Bottom