• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reliable GTA leaker says that Grand Theft Auto 6 will be announced this year

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I dont mind if they tone down some of the more contraversal stuff, but as long as its adult themed and is diverse.
I dont want all characters to be sjw hipster types.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It's gonna be delayed, If its announced its for shareholders not cause its almost done. No reason to expect this until like 2025

GTA online is still a juggernaut and RDR2 online flopped.

I don’t see why they would be in a rush to do anything other than crank out content for GTA online.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Announcing GTA6: 2022
Planned Release: 2027+
New Ass.Creep Releases inbetween: 7

PrAqxjV.png

TheFawz

I can see it where they announce at the end of 2022 for a 23 release but then delay by a year and a half like usual to release in 2025

BlackM1st

Banned
Probably gonna be Online first.

Can't blame them, it's probably one of the most played games ever and it made insane amount of money especially when you compare its pretty small scale to monsters like WoW of FF.

Story in V was its weakest part, so I wouldn't miss about it.

honestly i don't even care anymore. it's been too long since V and it's obvious they only care about online now. even if they do make a single player campaign i doubt it will be the same. dan and leslie are gone, rockstar will be too afraid to upset a certain crowd so will pander to them or play it safe, and even after all that...they'll forget it exists after a month and spend another 8-9 years milking online.

OrtizTwelve

If rockstar was smart they would go balls to the wall with their usual innuendos, social commentary, and satire but up the stakes X 100 and poke fun at wokeness and the social hysteria we have today that majority of people HATE but don’t vocalize it.

They would sell millions upon millions of copies day 1 and it would be the highest entertainment release in history of all time.

Vagswarm

Seems unlikely if the next gen versions of GTA 5 are coming out this year. They'll want to milk those first.

Last edited:

drotahorror

GTA online is still a juggernaut and RDR2 online flopped.

I don’t see why they would be in a rush to do anything other than crank out content for GTA online.

Do we have numbers on this? I always see that GTA online is such a hit, and it most likely is, but do we have receipts?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Do we have numbers on this? I always see that GTA online is such a hit, and it most likely is, but do we have receipts?

Game has sold over 155M copies.

Still has huge player numbers.

Huge twitch numbers. It’s massive.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It kinda saddens me to say that I've got almost no hope left for rockstar. They've abandoned me as a SP, thus I've more or less abandoned them.

Anyway, I don't believe there's going to be any GTA6 in 2023

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Hopefully the protagonist will be a diverse one paired with a brave story telling.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I believe it'll be announced this year, sure.

A brief teaser with no date attached and it'll come out in 2024 as an incomplete game.

Paasei

After GTA V, many hype for this franchise is long gone. Too much online, released on 3 gens of consoles, no new content for the SP.

Then there’s also the trilogy port to unreal engine with many problems.

Rockstar has a lot of making up to do.

Top Bottom