• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy acquires full rights to the Control franchise from 505 Games - Control 2 and "Condor" Development Progressing Well

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Condor = Control spin-off multiplayer project.

Inside Information: Remedy acquires full rights to the Control franchise from 505 Games

Today, Remedy Entertainment Plc (“Remedy”) and 505 Games S.p.A. (“505 Games”) announce a transaction upon which all publishing, distribution, marketing and other rights to Control, codename Condor, Control 2, and all future Control products will revert to Remedy.

The Control franchise is in the core of Remedy. Having acquired the full rights to Control, Condor and Control 2, Remedy is now in a position to make the right product and business decisions focusing on long-term franchise growth.

This transaction will enable us to negotiate better deals for current and future Control games. We can now weigh up the options between self-publishing and a new publishing partner for Condor and Control 2. At the same time, we are in a better negotiating position than before as Control is an established brand and Alan Wake 2 has been successful.

Condor and Control 2 have both progressed well in recent months and we expect these projects to reach their next development stages during the first half of 2024. The development of Condor and Control 2 will continue normally when we consider the best publishing, distribution and financing model for these projects

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Fantastic. I love Control. Remedy is so underrated these days. Their games should really sell more than they have. it's insane to me.
They’re definitely not for everyone, but if you vibe with them, they’re incredible. I absolutely loved Control, but despite trying pretty hard, I can’t bring myself to enjoy Alan Wake 2 that much. But it is a damn gorgeous game.

Bridges

So cool that Remedy has been able to do this. They have the rights back to Alan Wake and Control. If they could somehow snag Quantum Break from MS and Max Payne from Rockstar they'd have all of their major IP back in-house. AW and Control should be enough to push their universe forward though.

S0ULZB0URNE

It's their fastest selling game.
I was going by

This is why I put a ?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
They’re definitely not for everyone, but if you vibe with them, they’re incredible. I absolutely loved Control, but despite trying pretty hard, I can’t bring myself to enjoy Alan Wake 2 that much. But it is a damn gorgeous game.
Alan Wake 2 is one I had to put down for a bit. I understand the game is psychological horror...which is fine...but when I look at the last few games...Control/ Max Payne/ Quantum Break etc., It's missing that action element. I know having an action heavy Alan Wake might not make sense with the type of enemies in the game.

Overall I like Alan Wake 2...I just gotta be in the mood to get back to it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I was going by

This is why I put a ?

Remedy games are made on much smaller budgets, they don't need to sell 3 to 5 million minimum like Spider Man to be break even. Control was made on a 35 million budget, a 10th of the budget of other big games that were coming out around the same period.

* edit: The budget is actually even lower than that. It's reportedly €30million, which translates to 32.5m USD.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"TAKE CONTROLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

DavidGzz

I played Alan Wake 1 way too late but I loved Quantum Break, Control, and AW2. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Roxkis_ii

Man, Control was such a banger of a game. I'm happy for Remedy. It's nice to see some positive news around here.

3liteDragon

They consider AW2 a success, so they might partner up with Epic for the next projects.
Pretty sure they also said they recouped the marketing costs for the game but not dev costs & that they expect it to break even sometime this year. I think a Steam release would've obviously given them even better numbers but I hope Epic also considers publishing on Steam.

Top Bottom