• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

You know, sometimes it feels like I should be grateful that I am not really that knowledgeable about Batman beyond the Nolan movies and the games (and only Arkham Asylum + City in that.) I get the feeling that should I am familiar with the universe, certain twists like Talia will have much less an effect upon my viewing... or maybe I will complain endlessly about the "Robin" revelation at the end.

i'm kinda up on the books, and each one of these fucking movies had something that was really really obvious that i never saw coming (but really should have):

batman begins: 'liam neeson looks WAY more like ras al ghul than ken watanabe! who the fuck is henri ducard anyway? this is bullshit.'

(during) tdk: 'i can't believe they actually killed off gordon. i thought he was in the hospital but if dent says he's dead he must be dead.' (at this point i had sorta believed that nolan would actually kill off gordon, but the worst part is i had absorbed so much of this film beforehand that i knew there were scenes with gordon in it that i hadn't seen- so i assumed they had been cut)

tdkr: 'well bane being the son of ras al ghul is better than the awful comic book character already. i wonder if miranda tate would be talia. probably not. her name is miranda tate.'

Jezabel

anyone notice in the scene where catwoman and batman are in the sewers on the way to bane that there was a guy that looked a awful lot like DS ripley from luther

Reiko

Banned
i'm kinda up on the books, and each one of these fucking movies had something that was really really obvious that i never saw coming (but really should have):

batman begins: 'liam neeson looks WAY more like ras al ghul than ken watanabe! who the fuck is henri ducard anyway? this is bullshit.'

(during) tdk: 'i can't believe they actually killed off gordon. i thought he was in the hospital but if dent says he's dead he must be dead.' (at this point i had sorta believed that nolan would actually kill off gordon, but the worst part is i had absorbed so much of this film beforehand that i knew there were scenes with gordon in it that i hadn't seen- so i assumed they had been cut)

tdkr: 'well bane being the son of ras al ghul is better than the awful comic book character already. i wonder if miranda tate would be talia. probably not. her name is miranda tate.'

Same for everything.

Too bad Talia's child actress spoiled everything. lol

I enjoyed the movie, but there were definitely a few bits that dragged. Way too many monologues from Bane that seemed redundant. I didn't like his voice at all in the beginning, but I guess it kind of grew on me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I had an inkling she would be talia when Batman has sex with her. There is a very quick cut if his hand going over her back and you see a scar there. No other reason Nolan would put it in there unless it was pointing to something.

Also a bunch a trolls here. If anything, I think the movie over explains stuff.

Old dude didn't need to tell me he needed to jump without rope they were heavily hinting it. Would prefer Batman figure that out himself.

Bruce wayne Batman is dead. You could argue he died in the pit. He hit rock bottom and the pit was a metaphor for his depression. I might go a step further and say the rope was rachel and he needed to let go and not use that rope to move on so that he could escape. The rope kept him in that pit.

However, Bruce Wayne is alive at the end. Clear as day this is the case. Tons of evidence to support this. THIS MOVIE ISN'T FUCKING INCEPTION!

Robin will be new Batman NOT robin.

It’s not wrong to dislike a popular movie, or to mount an argument against it. It’s always good to examine the art and your relationship to it, even if it means coming down against something everyone else seems to be praising. But lists like these — that are light on analysis and heavy on petty gripes, that mistake complaint for criticism, and that ultimately have no greater motivation than pageviews — are the wrong way to do it. They turn us into consumers when we should be viewers. We don’t even see the movie any more; we just see ourselves going to

Good read.

Carbonox

zHRIZ.jpg

lolwat

Randomly came across this highlighted pic while looking around on Google for TDKR stuff.

Solo

Foley's smile was kinda sadistic when he said he wanted to catch Batman during Batman's return. When they cut back to him in the car, he's just smiling at Blake and doesn't say a word. Blake probably thought he was Batman too, I don't know.

Foley is The Joker! He is also Joker!

Loved the movie. Awesome ending.

The only issues I had were that I couldn't help but look at Bane's neck when he spoke to see if the speech was matching the talking, I've no idea why. I noticed that a lot of the time, it didn't.

Oh and although the fighting scenes with Bane Vs Batman were pretty good, they didn't look or feel like some of the punches were actually connecting. Apart from the obvious moves that involved arm blocks and such, they felt off.

Loved it when Bane just kept punching Bats in the head and cracked his mask. Fucking brutal.

Halcyon

If man of steel ends up being awesome and they hint at a justice league movie or even a Batman and Superman movie I hope bale gets to do it in the Nolan bat suit.

The boner I would get from superman having trouble with darkside and needing some access to tech or something and dropping by the bat cave would be so amazing. Just seeing bale and cavill on screen in full out gear would be enough for me.

Sorcerer

Yeah, neither of those things is happening (MoS being good or Bale in the JL movie).

I can't see Bale taking a small part or even a cameo in the Justice Leauge movie.

His Batman just having a cameo to help out Superman would seem ridiculous after 3 movies where he nailed the character.

It would cheapen the Nolanverse Batman.

Also I can't see Bale as a team player in this kind of Avengers style movie.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I can't see Bale taking a small part or even a cameo in the Justice Leauge movie.

His Batman just having a cameo to help out Superman would seem ridiculous after 3 movies where he nailed the character.

It would cheapen the Nolanverse Batman.

Also I can't see Bale as a team player in this kind of Avengers style movie.

For some reason, I always imagine Patrick Warburton as Batman in a JLA-movie.

220px-PatrickWarburtonJan07.jpg

Rough childhood.

Ah right. Thanks

So was I the only one who cringed when they brought up the correct pronunciation of Ibiza during the Bruce and Selina dance? Ibiza is the place Britons go to relieve themselves of all the vomit and shite building up inside their systems throughout the year. Didn't seem like an appropriate destination in relation to the 'high society' context of their conversation.

Montresor

While the action scenes were greatly improved compared to his previous movies, I couldn't at all understand the quick cuts to the mercs' faces during the first Bane-Batman bout in the sewers. It made absolutely no sense.

To me those quick shots confirmed very early on in the fight that Bruce was in big trouble. The henchmen didn't shown a hint of concern on their faces and made no motion whatsoever to protect their leader. They had no doubts in their mind that Bane would handle Batman easily, and when I saw their faces I was scared about what was gonna happen to him.

Xun

Did you like it?
I read this post in Kojima's voice for some reason.

Anyway, I fucking loved it.

I'll just get this out of the way: The auto-pilot was fixed.
Indeed, but it did take me a while to work out.

- Alfred didn't dream the end
- Rhas is still dead
- Gordon and Lucious know Bruce is alive
- Blake will become Batman, not Robin

Alfred wasn't crazy.
Bane being born in darkness is a metaphor.
Robin isn't Robin.

Edit: Beaten so badly.
Indeed.

If man of steel ends up being awesome and they hint at a justice league movie or even a Batman and Superman movie I hope bale gets to do it in the Nolan bat suit.

The boner I would get from superman having trouble with darkside and needing some access to tech or something and dropping by the bat cave would be so amazing. Just seeing bale and cavill on screen in full out gear would be enough for me.
No thanks.

TDKR did make me want a new film with JGL, but it'll never happen of course. :(

Mr. Sam

One of Bane's lackeys (the beardey one) actually did seem concerned. Every time Batman got a good punch in, it would cut to him with a flicker of doubt on his face.

Montresor

One of Bane's lackeys (the beardey one) actually did seem concerned. Every time Batman got a good punch in, it would cut to him with a flicker of doubt on his face.

Fudge there goes my theory. I saw the movie twice and never noticed the bearded guy's face doing that. I'll be watching a third time soon and will be paying attention there.

But you can't deny that the black henchman had no doubt in his mind. He wasnt even looking down at the fight!

Sorcerer

To me those quick shots confirmed very early on in the fight that Bruce was in big trouble. The henchmen didn't shown a hint of concern on their faces and made no motion whatsoever to protect their leader. They had no doubts in their mind that Bane would handle Batman easily, and when I saw their faces I was scared about what was gonna happen to him.

I thought those shots were strange.

When I see those shots of the henchmen, I get the feeling they are secrectly hoping Batman will defeat Bane.

Yes, the henchmen seem loyal to Bane, but I kind of get a sense its out of fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom