• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

jIhqfA0t2o2U6.jpg

Unmarked spoilers only please

Tookay

SHH

Also, the ending is done very well. I personally did not think it will be too controversial. I think it was pulled off great. It puts a very good ending to Bruce Wayne's story. The very very last scene will cause serious speculation about the future of the franchise, but it is pulled off well. Everyone in the theater applauded at the end.

So I'm guessing
Batman "dies" but it's implied maybe Bruce lives.

So how does everyone think Bats will defeat Bane? Hopefully it won't be simple as pulling his mask off...

I'm hoping for an epic fight which results in them both dying, bats death especially ignites the city to change for the stand up to crims/corruption, etc and change for the better.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if bats death is a cop-out/a fake out and he actually survives but decides to retire....until a guy called Terry comes along one cold, stormy night a few years later.

:D

My heart was pumping towards the end of the film, waiting for somehting shocking to happen.

It doesn't. I would lower your expectations about the ending if I were you guys. Great film. Feels more like the first one except for the final fight scene.

Any questions?

My heart was pumping towards the end of the film, waiting for somehting shocking to happen.

It doesn't. I would lower your expectations about the ending if I were you guys. Great film. Feels more like the first one except for the final fight scene.

Any questions?

Can you please elaborate? Does Bane break Bats' back? What happens at the end?

Can you please elaborate? Does Bane break Bats' back? What happens at the end?

Yes he does break him physically and mentally.

In the end, he decides to stay as Batman for as long as he can. It's implied he's going to search for a partner so he doesn't have to protect Gotham alone for the rest of his life. It ends with everyone in the city cheering when the Bat signal is turned on (quite the change of tone for a Batman film) and he is on top of a building for a few seconds then swoops down. Credits.

bengraven

In the end, he decides to stay as Batman for as long as he can. It's implied he's going to search for a partner so he doesn't have to protect Gotham alone for the rest of his life. It ends with everyone in the city cheering when the Bat signal is turned on (quite the change of tone for a Batman film) and he is on top of a building for a few seconds then swoops down. Credits.

How is his relationship with Catwoman? The commercials and background I've seen basically show him having a partner-type relationship before or after she fucks him over with some light flirting and Marion's character is his love interest.

Any questions?

Which specific theater did you go to for th screening, what time? And who was the guy speaking before the movie began?

Doesn't sound too bad, although Im kinda disappointed he doesnt die at the end. Is anything implied about the future of Gordon Levitts character becoming something more than he is?

How is his relationship with Catwoman? The commercials and background I've seen basically show him having a partner-type relationship before or after she fucks him over with some light flirting and Marion's character is his love interest.

She worked for the League of Shadows but never knew how serious things were going to get until she witnessed Bane break Batman thanks to her luring him to Bane. She's arrested by Joseph Gordon's character then escapes and hides out at Waynes house until she finds out what happened to him. She was told very little about the League's plans.

She flirts with Bruce but then comes to realize Bane needs to be stopped so she joins him but keeps it clear she's not going to be a good guy when it's all over. I had low expectations for her character but she actually nailed it.

bengraven

She worked for the League of Shadows but never knew how serious things were going to get until she witnessed Bane break Batman thanks to her luring him to Bane. She's arrested by Joseph Gordon's character then escapes and hides out at Waynes house until she finds out what happened to him. She was told very little about the League's plans.

She flirts with Bruce but then comes to realize Bane needs to be stopped so she joins him but keeps it clear she's not going to be a good guy when it's all over. I had low expectations for her character but she actually nailed it.

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

Doesn't sound too bad, although Im kinda disappointed he doesnt die at the end. Is anything implied about the future of Gordon Levitts character becoming something more than he is?

He gets promoted in the end and is basically the ultimate good guy. No Robin, sorry lol.

Lol GTFO you ain't seen shit. Bad trolling is bad.

Permaban me please if none of this takes place in the film.

Talia provided all the tumblers for Bane. She used Wayne so she could work for him and steal all of his equiptment. You find this out before she has Lucius killed.

which specific theater did you go to, what time and who was the person who spoke before the screening began

Can't, sorry. In-laws got me in and I'm not about to get them in any trouble. Very limited and I mostly wanted to see it so I could spoil it for my friend.

Permaban me please if none of this takes place in the film.

Talia provided all the tumblers for Bane. She used Wayne so she could work for him and steal all of his equiptment. You find this out before she has Lucius killed.

So.....do you still want to be permabanned?

5scHB.jpg

EYEL1NER

If that is the real ending, then I will probably see it.
I told my buddy already that I would not see it opening night and wait for spoilers on if he died or not. I had no intentions of seeing it if he died. I'm not even that big a fan of Batman as a character but killing him?
I like Nolan and his films but "I'm Christopher Nolan and I can kill the Batman." And WB saying "Sure. We'll just reboot it in two years."
Fuck that noise. I was 99% sure it would happen too.

The only other movie I've ever seen this early was Prometheus so I don't want my future favors taken away from me.

Also I love spoiling movies to friends.

cackhyena

If that is the real ending, then I will probably see it.
I told my buddy already that I would not see it opening night and wait for spoilers on if he died or not. I had no intentions of seeing it if he died. I'm not even that big a fan of Batman as a character but killing him?
I like Nolan and his films but "I'm Christopher Nolan and I can kill the Batman." And WB saying "Sure. We'll just reboot it in two years."
Fuck that noise. I was 99% sure it would happen too.

Sorry, but I find this to be a ridiculous reason. Rainbows at the end of every movie or nothin!

G-Fex

I spoiled it on twitter but.

-Robin returns
-Catwoman gets broken by Bane
-Batman uses batarang and defeats Bane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom